She's Back

Hidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

NaEun’s POV

The next day, Myungsoo and Sungyeol visited again after the school ended. My fever had gone down but a terrible headache followed. I hate it when headache hit me. It never failed to give me a terrible time.

 

 

They brought me food and greetings from Infinite. I was not in a good mood due to the headache so I asked them to go back and let me rest but the both of them insisted to watch me finish my food because they knew it too well that I would not touch it once they leave.

Having no choice, I ate slowly, forcing the food down my throat. I truly thanked them for loving me so much and I loved them back too. But I very much had no appetite at the moment so I only managed to eat half of it. I did not want them to worry but if I continue, I was afraid I might throw everything out again.

“It’s okay, don’t force yourself anymore. You don’t have to finish everything now. Just make sure you eat little by little and slowly finish this. You can’t leave your stomach empty.” Myungsoo patted my shoulder lightly.

“Rest well. When you fully recovered, let’s go out and eat all we want. I’ll pay!” Sungyeol grinned.

“Promise!”

“Yes, promise!” He leaned in and gave me a peck on the forehead.

 

 

I got out of my bed and sent Myungsoo and Sungyeol to the door. As I watched them leave, I did not know what I was feeling. I was the one who was sick, having a hard time dealing with the fever and headache. Yet my cousins were having a harder time worrying and taking care of me…

I closed the door and turned to go up to my room. Every step was slow and heavy because my head was throbbing badly. I held on to the back of my head, hoping it could soothe the pain even for just a little bit.

 

 

My alarm rang loudly, waking me up early in the morning.

As I opened my eyes, I felt the throbbing from the back of my head. The headache was still there. I closed my eyes and sighed in frustration.

It had been long since the last time I woke up so early. For the past few days, I woke up late in the day and even so, I stayed in bed most of the time. It would be haven for me if I was not sick.

Today was Wednesday. I told myself I should not miss school anymore. Even with the headache, I was going to force myself up.

I took a shower to freshen up. Letting the water run down every inch of my skin, I told myself today was going to be fine.

As usual, I put on a pair of skinny jeans. I went for a turtleneck sweater and a coat which I pushed up the sleeves to my elbow. Standing in front of the mirror, I applied a light make-up to cover up my pale face, to add a little energy. I looked as if I would faint at any moment. Finally, I slipped on my boots and swallowed a painkiller before leaving the house.

I took a taxi to school because I knew I could not force myself to drive now. It would be dangerous.

 

 

As I walked into the school building, my presence was being noticed almost immediately. Few groups of guys would approach me, asking what happened, if I was fine. Some even said they missed me. I was not trying to be rude or anything but I really did not know all these people! Why were they asking so much? But part of me really thanked them for their care…

When I unlocked my locker, I paused for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter