Sick

Hidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

On the way home, Myungsoo drove. Sungyeol sat at the back with NaEun. The both of them tried comforting and cheering her up. They played her favourite songs, shared stories of funny moments with the other members. Sungyeol even showed his famous owl face. But nothing worked. NaEun just need to be left alone now. She looked out of the window and kept quiet throughout the whole journey.

It was the same every year or whenever NaEun visited her parents’ grave. She would become really quiet and would like to be left alone. Myungsoo and Sungyeol could only try their best and make sure to be by her side whenever she needs them. Sometimes they were worried that she would do something stupid if they were not around.

 

 

The three of them arrived home in the evening. Before turning into the parking lot, Myungso asked if they should go for dinner first. He knew if they leave now, NaEun would skip her meal.

“Go have dinner on your own, I have no appetite. You knew it.” NaEun spoke for the first time after so long.

“Take care okay? I know you want to be alone for now. We won’t visit during weekends too. Take your time, I know it’s difficult but you have to get over this and be strong.” Myungsoo held her shoulders and gave her a hug.

NaEun went into the house and broke into tears. She had been holding them back, not wanting her cousins to see her cry like this and worry about it.

She slide down against the door and hugged her knees, crying her heart out.

 

 

The sky darkened without her knowing. By now, her tears had dried up. No more tears came out no matter how hard she wanted to cry.

NaEun tried standing up but her legs were numb and she fell back down. After some time, she stood up again and went to her room.

She let the warm water run and filled the bathtub while she prepared her clothes.

NaEun stayed in the bathroom for a long time, thinking over the things and cooled herself down.

 

 

She did not know what time was it then. NaEun had been lying in her bed trying to fall asleep but her eyes refused to close. She stared at the ceiling, turned to her side. As darkness surrounded her, she laid there with no emotion written on her face.

Finally, NaEun decided to go out. It was way past midnight already but she felt that she just had to go out there. She could not fall asleep and staying at home was suffocating her. She just need to get some air.

NaEun got out of her bed and grabbed a jacket. She slipped on her slippers and pulled up the hood before leaving the house.

 

 

Unknowingly, NaEun came to the playground where she grew up at. She looked up, it was supposed to be a place full of beautiful memories but she never wanted to come back here again. Her childhood friend betrayed her. He did something too horrible to her, turning her life upside down.

NaEun never went to this playground ever since that day. She wanted to hate him, forget everything about him. She wanted to wipe him away from her life forever. But while she was spacing out, her foot brought her here. She wanted to turn and run

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter