My girl: how deep is your love

My angel, and my girl, my sunshine

**click links for visual & auditory exepreince = w = 

 

Yoona spent the next week planning. She went out to the jewellery shops in search for a ring. It was hard work, because most rings were engagement rings, or ones for wedding.  Yoona only wanted a simple one. Simple, but it still had to be beautiful enough to wrap around Tiffany's gracious finger. Most couple rings also came with one for man and the other for woman. Now that's tricky.

 

After 4 days of wandering around and being indecisive, Yoona finally found the one. She tried it on and immediately felt this tingly, warm feeling, and it made her smile.

 

"I'll get two of this, same size, please." She said.

 

On Saturday night, Yoona and Tiffany went out on a date at a fancy restaurant. Both dressed up in designer dresses and dined at a table for two by the window. They had the finest of food and wine, the most spectacular view of the city at night and live jazz music playing in the background. Yoona was quite nervous about her plan, but she tried her best to keep cool. Tiffany was amazed by her love interest's choice of dining. Of course she had no idea about the plan. But she totally loved it. 

 

"I totally love it!" Tiffany said, smiling as she scanned the place politely with her eyes. 

 

"I'm glad you like it. Usually people have to book a month in advance." Yoona smiled in satisfaction and sipped on her wine.

 

"So you booked a month in advance?" Tiffany gasped.

 

"Nah, I booked last week. They know me. Cleared up a table for me right away." Yoona arched her brows proudly.

 

"Ahh, wow." Tiffany blushed in admiration. She felt like she was melting inside. The date was so romantic and sweet, and so very fine. "This this is the first time I've been here." She giggled and struggled to hide her excitement. Yoona grinned from ear to ear. Step one had been successfully completed.

 

Both decided that they would go on a seafood frenzy. They sat back and had a small conversation, exchanging witty comments, smiles and loving glances. Soon their food was served up. They had sashimi, lobsters, oysters and a small cake each for dessert. 

 

The girls gently wiped their lips with the napkins, finishing their meal. 

 

"Made in Italia." Tiffany read the tag on the napkin. "Impressive." 

 

"For once something is not made in China." Yoona nodded and they both giggled. 

 

"Mmm, I'm very full. That was very delicious." Tiffany took another sip from her glass and sighed in satisfaction. 

 

"We should come here again." Yoona smiled gently. 

 

"Oh, yes, please." 

 

"The music is nice, isn't it." The younger girl put a hand on her handbag, secretly checking the presence of the velvet ring box. She turned to look at the stage where musicians were playing live.

 

"It's lovely." Tiffany nodded, also turned to look at the band.

 

Yoona winked at the restaurant manager and gave her clue while Tiffany's attention was drawn to the stage. The manager whispered to one of the musicians and immediately music was changed. A female singer in a sparkling dress came upon the stage. She bowed to the guests and they started the song. 

 

"Oh, they're changing so suddenly...?" Tiffany tilted her head and blinked.

 

The singer's voice was unexpectedly low, but it was soft and warm. She sang a famous song of Bee Gees.

 

"It's this song!" Tiffany clapped her hands together and then watched the singer, softly singing along. 

 

Yoona smiled and hummed. She felt her heart beat accelerate dangerously. She took a deep breath then carefully sneaked the ring box out of her bag. Just then, the singer stopped singing and spoke with music still going in the background. "Love songs are meant to be sung by lovers. Tonight, we have our special guest who would like to sing to her special someone. How Deep Is Your Love shall be finished by a love so deep. Please welcome, Miss Im." The singer did a hand gesture towards Yoona and Tiffany's table. The other guests clapped for Yoona as the girl stood up. 

 

Tiffany widened her eyes and looked up at Yoona, watching the whole thing in amusement. "Oh, Yoona!"

 

The younger girl didn't say a word. She only stepped closer to plant a quick peck on Tiffany's cheek before she graciously proceeded to the stage, taking the expensive-looking mic from the singer. Music had been kept playing. Yoona nodded and smiled at the guests. She nervously curled the wire around her finger then started singing.

 

"I believe in you
You know the door to my very soul.
You're the light in my deepest, darkest hour
You're my saviour when I fall.

 

And you may not think I care for you 
But you know down inside that I really do
And it's me you need to show
How deep is your love, how deep is your love? 
I really mean to learn
'Cause we're living in a world of fools
Breaking us down, when they all should let us be
We belong to you and me...."

 

Yoona sang the rest of the song, smiling as her nervousness eased off. She had her eyes on Tiffany as she sang, dedicating each word to the older girl who sat at the table, about to tear up. Yoona's voice wasn't so professional, but it was sweet and heart-touching (that's what Tiffany said). When the song was finished, everyone clapped and cheered for Yoona who bowed and made her way back to the table. 

 

"Yoona, that was amazing!" Tiffany clapped, still speechless and surprised.

 

"Come with me." Yoona took Tiffany's hand in hers and led the girl out to the balcony that was separated from the restaurant by thick silk curtains. They had the twinkling night city beneath them and the stars above their heads. Yoona turned to look into Tiffany's eyes, their hands still connected. "I'm happy to hear you liked it. It was for you." 

 

"Aww, that's very sweet." Tiffany flushed. She looked away shyly, then the looked back into Yoona's eyes. Her heart was pounding. "You're so very romantic."

 

"Oh, so I'm not hopeless! Thank you very much." Yoona giggled and pulled out the ring box. She her lips while gathering courage. "Tiffany, you know..." Yoona forgot her prepared speech. "Actually, I forgot what I planned to say... I prepared a speech but..." She blinked then giggled again "The song is stuck in my head."

 

Tiffany laughed, still blushing quite wildly. "Oh God, you're also very silly, Yoona-ah."

 

"Aigoo, I mean, 'cause we're living in a world of fools, bringing us down~" Yoona sang softly. "When they all should let us be." 

 

"We belong to you and me~" Tiffany joined an they both finished the line. 

 

Yoona smiled. "So yeah. Such a world of fools we live in. People will bring me down to hell if they take you away from me. You will bring me down if you ever leave my side." She gently squeezed Tiffany's hand. "That's why right now, I have to quickly do something to prevent that from happening. I have to do something to keep you close and make sure fools can't bring me down." She pouted dramatically. "I'll be a gentlewoman, Tiffany, and tell you first that my love for you is so deep it melts me like lava melting in the deep core of the earth. It is so deep that even if you're on the other side of the world, it will come through the earth's centre to reach you. It is so deep that not only it can reach the other side of the world, it can also reach tomorrow, days and years after that. It is so deep that if you fall into it, you fall to the other side of the world, and set off into space." 

 

Tiffany giggled and gently slap the younger girl's arm. "Aigoo, you're too much." She blushed even harder. 

 

"And if you can travel at the speed of light, it will take you a few thousand years to come back." Yoona nodded and smiled. "Now I have one question for you, my dear Tiffany Hwang. How deep is your love? Would it be deep enough for you to want to spend your days with me, to allow me to kiss you and allow me some more exclusive privileges?" Yoona said, gently the other girl's cheek with her thumb. "Would it be... deep enough for you to be mine, Tiffany?" She blushed, feeling butterflies in her stomach. "Oh your name, it's so beautiful it gives me butterflies. Tiffany, my love, will you be my girlfriend?" 

 

"I-..." Tiffany pressed her lips together to hold back her tears. "Yoona, I can't believe you're doing all that just to ask me out. I really thought you were going to propose." She laughed softly. "Oh Yoona, you make me so happy, and.... and... I don't know how to describe it. The world becomes such a wonderful place when I'm next to you." 

 

"So...." Yoona grinned wide. "Is that a yes?" 

 

"Hmm... well..." 

 

The young girl's heart dropped. "Well?? W-what's the matter?" She panicked. 

 

"Shhh," Tiffany wrapped her arms around Yoona and hugged the girl close. "I just... Yoona, how serious are you? You might think me odd for thinking too much, but I'm looking for something long term. I'm not interested in relationships that can easily end, Yoona-ah. Eventually we will have to either break up or get married." Tiffany let a tear roll down her cheek. "I can't imagine breaking up with you. I really don't want that. So if you have not thought of that, let's not enter a relationship that might hurt us both in the near future."

 

Yoona pulled away and looked at Tiffany. "I am serious, Tiffany. This is not some small crushes like what I had. I love you. And I don't plan on letting anything take you away from me." She dried the tear on Tiffany's cheek and kissed it softly. "If you'd let me, I'll be by your side always. I'll never let you go." 

 

"You said nothing lasts forever..." Tiffany smiled a little but then looked down. "What if this won't last forever? What will I do without you?" 

 

"It won't be forever." Yoona shook her head. "But hey, who said it can't last for... something like, 80 years?" 

 

"That would work out pretty damn fine." Tiffany laughed and let happy tears escape her eyes. 

 

Yoona smiled, wiping the corners of the older girl's eyes. "So, is that a yes?" 

 

"Yes. Yes, Yoona. I'll be your girlfriend." Tiffany sniffed, smiling happily.

 

"Oh should I propose then?"

 

"No no. Save that for later. I want to have another date like this." The older girl giggled.

 

"You'll get an even better one, sweetheart." Yoona has her arm around Tiffany's waist and the other hand the girl's cheek. "Does that mean I can kiss you now?" 

 

"Yes, dear." Tiffany wrapped her arms around Yoona's neck and smiled brightly. "You may kiss me."

 

"Woah, there, your smile is too bright. Easy or you'll blind me." Yoona chuckled as she leaned in, pressing her lips against Tiffany's. They shared the sweetest and most amazing first kiss there with the stars and the city watching them, admiring the amount of butterflies the humans' stomachs can produce. 

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you all for the comments! Isn't this one a quick update = w = see how comments motivate me? Comment below and tell me how you like the story! Keep me motivated and you'll get your updates soon =)) Anyway, I wrote this at 2am without proofread so please excuse any mistake I'd made. Hope everyone is doing well! xoxo