My angel: ain't no policy

My angel, and my girl, my sunshine

After diagnosing Yoona with the 'serious mental illness' of love, Tiffany was convinced that it was her responsibility to treat the illness. Or more like, she was insisted so by Yoona.

 

"Then accorrding to your symptoms, you're probably in love..." 

Yoona laughhed, shaking her head. "I thought my plan B was ruined!" 

Tiffany rolled her eyes. "Well, miss, you planned it all too well." 

Yoona smirked, enjoying this new sense of accomplishment. She smlied happily to herself then looked into the latter's eyes. 

"You're so silly." Tiffany shook her head and sighed softly. "Why?"

"Well, if I knew why I would really have taken steps to stop it." Yoona arched her brows, bringing her hand up to Tiffany's cheek with her thumb. "I just can't help it, Tiffany. No matter what I do or how hard I try to not think of you," She chuckled. "...nothing happens. It just doesn't work that way. I reallly can't help it." 

Tiffany giggled in defeat. "Ah, what do I do with you." She looked down but then was forced to look back up as Yoona gently lifted her chin.

"Don't tell me that you don't feel anything..." Yoona frowned as she looked into the latter's eyes, trying to have eye contact. "Tiffany, don't conceal it, I can see it in your eyes everytime to have to look away from me." She said, "Why is it such a bad thing to accept our feelings? Sooner or later, I will no longer be your patient. We will be normal people bumping into each other and fall in love. The company's policies don't rule your personal life." 

Tiffany sighed and shook her head. "You don't understand, Yoona. Those policies were made because of me."

"Clearly I don't understand, I don't know anything to begin with!" Yoona shrugged, rubbing the other woman's back to comfort her. "Would you tell me more about it?" 

Tiffany nodded and went on about the story. Two years ago, she had a client, Taeyeon. Taeyeon was the daughter of a big enteprise. Her wallet was full of cash. Her marriage to a rich young man her age was planned by her parents, who hoped that the guy would help her take over and manage the companies. Taeyeon thought it all bull, and refused to comply. She rebelled, and was then sent to see therapists as her parents thought her crazy. They knew forcing it on her wouldn't be a good idea so they spent a lot of money hiring psychologists and specilists who could find a way to talk the marriage into her head and persuade her to do what they wanted her to. Tiffany was one of the specialists in the team. Her office was where they met. Apparently Tiffany was one of the few psychologists who were "moral" enough to find the whole thing bull too. They formed 'team Taeyeon', trying to support the girl and help her find ways around the marriage. Tiffany and Taeyeon grew thick, and fell in love. They thought they could do whatever it took to be together, forever. But they were wrong. Taeyeon's parents were so much more powerful. Taeyeon got married to the guy with little happiness. Tiffany was severely depressed after Taeyeon was taken away from her. So depressed that she needed professional consultations to recover. Since then, their company set up rules that personal relationship between therapists and clients is strictly prohibited. 

"There's no such thing as 'forever'" Yoona commented. 

Tiffany frowned and sighed. "True enough." 

Yoona took Tiffany's hand in hers and gently it. "I'm sorry to hear about what happened. It must had been very hard."

"Very hard indeed." Tiffany nodded. "Though I have moved on, and healed now. I hardly remember anything other than facts of what happened." 

"That's good." Yoona smiled. "That means your heart is free for me to capture. My marriage is not planned." 

Tiffany rolled her eyes, then smiled. 

 

------------

 

The thepary appointments after that day became dates. Tiffany and Yoona had so much fun spending time with each other. They also learnt a lot more about one another, and grew closer and closer as time went by. Tiffany had her moments where where she felt like she shouldn't be doing this, that it will eventually turn out wrong somehow.

"Try this." Yoona grinned, holding up a spoon of durian ice cream about Tiffany's lips. 

"Mmm." Tiffany ate the ice cream, letting it melt in . "Yumm!" 

"Isn't it?!" Yoona's smile grew wider as she popped another scoop in .

But they had moments like that, where it alll felt right. It felt at home, and safe. In those moments, they felt as if they had known each other since birth, or even before that. The smell, the aura, the slightlest touch of their skin, all were ridiculously familiar. Tiffany said it could have been something like hindsight bias- a psychological bias that makes people feel like they had known things all along after something had happened or after a fact was given. They actually knew little about it, but people's tendency to connect events and facts to make sense of their world (in order to predict and protect themselves from any predictable threat) had make them develop this bias. Yoona laughed and said whatever, baby. It could be hindsight bias, or anything. Because labelling it wouldn't change the fact that there was a strong and easy connection between the two. And it was agreed so.

Tiffany thought it was worth it. She knew that she had stepped into a tornado: there's no way that she could step out of it. All she could do was let it grow stronger, until one day when it reaches it maximum limit, it will diminish. If it has to stop, it will slow down and stop at some point. But that will only happen after the peak has been reached, and after it had deystroyed everything it walked by. For now, one does not simply step out of a tornado. And it was worth it stepping in anyway. 

"You're still awake?" Yoona slowly opened her eyes and whispered. 

Tiffany nodded, curling up against Yoona under the blanket. 

"Anything wrong?" Yoona asked, putting and arm around the other girl and rubbing her back gently.

"Just some thoughts, it's nothing serious." Tiffany took a soft, deep breath and closed her eyes.

"You're thinking about us?" 

Tiffany nodded and nuzzled against Yoona's neck. "Good kind of thoughts though." 

"I see." Yoona said softy, still rubbing the girl's back. "Don't think too much though, alright? It will be alright. As long as I'm here, nothing can hurt you."

The older girl nodded again and smiled. 

"Nothing can hurt you, Tiffany. Not even me. I promise you that."

 

-----------

 

One month later, in Yoona's office

 

"So how do you ask people out?" 

Yuri looked up from the newspaper and stared at Yoona for whille, then she burst out laughing. "Now what's a hard question, Yoong!" 

Yoona blinked a few times and titled her head, thinking.

"So you're going to ask Tiffany out? I thought you two are kinda already together."

"Exactly, Yuri. Kinda. I don't want us to kinda be together. It's been over a month. Time to get official. Signed and stamped." 

Yuri chuckled and nodded. "I agree. It's time I guess. So what have you already had in mind? What's her attitude about this?"

"It's rather confusing." Yoona rubbed the back of her neck. "We are as close as couples can be. She treats me well, and sweetly. It's all fine. Yet she never mentioned anything about getting official. I don't know if it means she doesn't want it, or if she assumed that we already are together."

"Well, that's very confusing. Quickest way out of it is to ask her." Yuri raised her brows briefly.

"You think? Wouldn't it be awkward though to jump in and be like, hey are we together? Do you want us to be together? Let me ask you out." 

"Very complicated situation." Yuri nodded and sighed knowingly.

"Hmm.." Yoona leaned back on her chair and thought. "I've been thinking for days now and still don't know what to do." 

"I think you should just ask her. If she already assumed that you're togehter, then what? It doesn't matter, it'll be cute to ask officially. If she didn't assume, then man, you need to ask. Asking won't do any harm." 

"What if she didn't mention it because she didn't want us to be together?"

"You will only know if you ask. Are you ready to get rejected?"

"W-well. I'm not prepared. I mean, there wasn't any sign that I should be prepared for that." Yoona frowned a little, trying to remember anything suspicious about Tiffany's behaviours.

"Then I think heaven is in your favour." Yuri smiled.

"Alrighty."

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the super late update. I've just finished my final exams. I won't give up though if you guys still like this story! Hope everyone is doing well xoxo Thanks for checking out this chapter!