Chapter 2

One Shot: Shattered Hopes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun streamed through the half opened curtains, slowly bringing me out of my sleep. I could hear the birds chirping away as they went about their daily routines. Groaning, I pulled the blanket over my head only to hear someone laughing.

Pulling the blanket down just bellow my eyes, I stared at the manly figure leaning against my door frame. “Go away” I mumbled as I pulled the blanket back over my head. A deep chuckle filled my ears, as the sound of footsteps came closer to my bed.

“Aren’t you going to get up?” He asked. The bed dipped slightly as I started to pull the blanket off. Looking up I stared into deep brown eyes that showed so much love. “But I don’t want to” I complained as I turned my body towards him. “Hyemi-ah, it’s your birthday you have to get up” he said as he chuckled. “Come on” Grabbing my hand Yongguk pulled me into a sitting position.  “Besides you have to go to the shop today remember” at the mention of the shop my eyes burst open.

“!” I screamed as I flung the bed sheets off me. Running towards my bathroom I quickly showered, before changing into clean cloths. Rushing back into my room I frantically looked for the rose necklace that Grandmother had given me. “Hyemi, here” Yongguk said as he handed me the necklace. “Thank you” I said as I gave him a peck on the cheek.

Grabbing my bag I made my way down to where my new motor bike was. When Minsook took me from the edge of the Han River, the bike that Yongguk had custom made was stolen. I felt bad because of it being taken but Yongguk assured me that he was okay with it.

Walking down towards the garage like living room, all the boys were crowded around a large table that had information. Two of our other groups were also there to discuss what they had heard or found out.

“Hyemi!” Himchan yelled. Stopping in my tracks, I slowly turned towards him. His eyes were narrowed into a playful frown. “The next time you don’t wake up I am going to wake you up myself with a cold bucket of water” The boys around the table laughed as they watched my happy expression change to a frightened one.

“You wouldn’t” I said as I pointed my finger at him. Himchan smirked towards me. “Oh. I would” Yongguk shook his head with a smile. “Come on you need to get to the shop” Placing his hands on my shoulders, he gently pushed me towar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter