Chapter 1

One Shot: Shattered Hopes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My lungs burned and my body ached from running but there was no way I was going to let him get away. He was the only hope of finding out where Minsook was, and ending all of this. Running around the brick wall I frantically looked for where the man was going to run out of. At the end of the ally way, a small passage came from the direction where Yongguk was running down.

The sound of feet echoed around me and I knew that must be the area that he would come through. Running to the end of the alley way I faced the area he was coming down. The man came into my view with a shocked expression. Smirking I moved towards him.

The man turned around to leave but Yongguk was quick to block his way. “” the man whispered just loud enough for us to hear. Taking a step forward I kept my voice as stern as I could. “There is nowhere for you to go, so just tell us where Minsook is and we will let you leave” The man turned around and smirked at me. “You really think I’m going to be that stupid?” He shook his head. “You underestimate him, Hyemi”

“Not really” I sad as I tilted my head. “I think I know what he is capable of, considering he tried to kill me” Yongguk moved closer to the man causing him to become tense. “Just tell us where he is” Yongguk’s deep voice echoed of the walls, causing the man to shiver.

“I can’t” he said. “If I tell you I’m as good as dead” I knew that was true but either way he would be killed when Minsook found out we were trying to get to him. “Look if you tell us we can help you. We can send someone to watch over you” I said as I stepped closer to him. “Please, we need to know”

The man furiously shook his head. “No!” digging into his pocket he pulled out a gun and faced it towards me. Instantly my body became stiff from fear. Yongguk froze in his spot as he watched the man for his next move. “YOU DONT KNOW HIM!” he screamed before turning the gun towards his head and firing the gun. A loud bang pierced my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter