Oppa

A Reflection She wished for

Joon, filled with excitement, dashed inside the building without another word, leaving the rest to stand in the dust. They had no other choice but to follow in a much decreased speed by waiting for the elevator. Joon had no patience for that. He had already gone up the stairs to the third floor.

 

When the rest arrived at the third floor where they had seen Min’s head, Joon and Min were already hugging and cooing sweet words into each other’s ears.

 

“Stop that” Yoseob tried to break them apart by pulling away Joon. Let’s just say he had a single’s jealousy.

Pouting, Joon unwrapped his hand from Min’s waist and lay it on her shoulder instead. “Whatever. Min this is Jieun”.

 

“Hi” Min smiled and shook Jieun’s hand, who smiled back. It was nice to know she was going to have a female friend.

“Are you…by any chance, Seungho’s-“

“Roommate” Seungho cut in quickly, knowing what would be said again if he didn’t. Min’s eyes turned round with surprise. “But Jieun’s a girl and you’re a-“ She was cut off again by Joon.

 

“It’s just like that” He pleaded with his eyes, trying to let Min know Jieun probably didn’t want to talk about it, judging from her reluctance when Junhyung had asked her. Min glared at Joon for being the second person to cut off her words, but she didn’t continue.

 

“We’re showing Jieun around the school, do you want to come?” Seungho asked.

 

“Nah, you guys can go. I’ve still got homework that I need to send in when school starts” She rolled her eyes “It’s supposed to be a holiday, they shouldn’t be going around giving us work to do”.

 

“I’ll help you!” Joon snuggled up to her and the rest quickly left, not wanting to see any lovely interactions.

 

“Well where do you want to go first?” Seungho asked Jieun who was being wheeled by Junhyung once they had gotten out of the building.

 

“Homeroom?” She cocked her head, “Where do we go in the mornings?”

 

They began showing her around, The Science lab, the Sports hall, where Jieun had math with Junhyung, her English class and religious class. By the time they were done, the sun had already been taken away.

 

“Where’s Joon? We should be getting back to our rooms” Junhyung looked around.

 

“He’s probably somewhere making out with Min. I’d bet Min was actually lying about the homework” Yoseob sniffed and shivered in disgust, earning a smack from Junhyung. “Your thoughts are going too far”.

 

“How about calling him? You guys have got his number right?” Jieun suggested.

 

“Yeah but hey, we haven’t even gotten your number! Let’s exchange” Yoseob took out his phone, along with the rest, and they exchanged numbers quickly.

 

Junhyung began calling Joon, but he had closed his phone. He sighed and turned back to Seungho.

 

“He turned off his phone. I’ll go with Yoseob to find him and you two go back to your rooms first. C’mon Yoseob lets go”.

 

“Wha- Why don’t Seungho go? I’ll stay with Jieun” He began to throw a tantrum and Junhyung had to drag him away.

 

When the two figure had vanished from their sight, Seungho turned Jieun around and began wheeling her towards the dorm. Now that the atmosphere makers had left, they traveled in silence, neither had anything to say.

 

---

 

 

Meanwhile Junhyung was scolding Yoseob while in the midst of trying to find Joon.

 

“I thought you wanted to couple them up together? Stop being so lazy”

 

“I do want to pair them up, but after touring around the whole campus I’m just so tired. It’s really big, you know. I just want to go up and lay on my bed” He pouted, “Why are you so mean?”

 

Junhyung opened his mouth to reply, when he realized he hadn’t got a reason. He was just trying to find the fastest way for his best friend to get a girlfriend, and this seemed like the perfect chance.

 

“He’ll get a girlfriend himself, stop being such a mom” Yoseob mumbled. “He won’t make the same mistake twice, Seungho’s not that dumb. He knows what kind of girl is right for him now. You don’t have to worry about him getting his heart broken anymore”.

 

Junhyung sighed. “Yeah, you’re probably right”.

But he could hear it rewinding in his mind, what happened 2 years ago.

 

“Oppa I love you!”

“I love you too~”

“Yah you guys are sick”

“You’re just jealous”

 

Junhyung closed his eyes and sighed.

 

“Bye bye oppa”

“Why are you being like this?”

“We probably shouldn’t see each other again. You’re not right for me”

 

“Junnie?” Yoseob’s voice interrupted into his thoughts and bought Junhyung back to reality. He shook his head like a dog coming out of water, clearing his thoughts. Why was he thinking about what had happened 2 years ago? He went back to trying to connect to Joon’s phone.

----------

 

 

Back at Jieun and Seungho, they were already at floor 6 in their dorm. Seungho turned and got into room 64, which was Yoseob, Joon and Junhyung’s room. It was unlocked.

 

“This is those guys’ room, right?” Jieun asked warily. What was Seungho doing going into other people’s rooms? It wasn’t right, and she relaxed visibly when Seungho nodded.

 

Both of them went in, and Jieun was parked in the center of the room. Seungho laid himself down on the bottom bunk, his legs and arm tired from walking around wheeling Jieun all day. A silence was kept for a while, broken by footsteps from outside. Soon Yoseob. Joon and Junhyung came strolling in.

 

“Anyone wanna play with Battlefield with me?” Yoseob grinned. He always had the highest kills and was proud of it. Seungho and Joon quickly took up the controllers and soon had a game going.

 

“What the hell man, Seungho you ”

Seungho pouted, earning himself a whack from Joon, “Don’t pout. You look weird”.

“Yah! I’m your hyung!”

“I don’t care~” Joon stuck his tongue out and in return got lightly punched in the stomach, but was enough for him to collapse on the floor in silent pain.

 

“I didn’t even hit you that hard…” Seungho muttered while rolling his eyes. “Jieun do you want to play chess?” Seungho could see that she had nothing to do, so he took out a chess board game from a cupboard next to the bed.

 

“Sure. I’m pretty good” Jieun smiled and took the black pieces.

 

“Really? Then how about we make a bet?” Already a competitive side of both of them was showing.

“Sure”.

“If I win, then you have to call me oppa” Seungho smiled smugly.

 

Jieun gasped along with Yoseob. Who knew he was so daring?

 

“Sure” She repeated, but this time not so confidently.

 

Seungho moved a pawn, and soon they had engaged the game in silence. The game had already gone halfway before Seungho spoke.

 

“So how are you so good at chess?”

 

“My maid taught me” she smiled, “She’s really good at chess”.

 

“Is she the one that came with you this morning?”

 

“Yeah”

 

“How long have you been together?”

 

“5 years? Maybe 6”

 

“Wow. That’s a really long time”.

 

“So you’re good at Judo?”

 

“And chess too”

 

Jieun rolled her eyes. When did he turn so cocky?

 

“Oh really? Then when do I start calling you oppa?”

 

“Now” A corner of his lip quirked up, eyes sparkling mischievously at Jieun, “Checkmate”

 

Jieun’s Jaw dropped open. She had not expected that, nope. She slowly looked up into Seungho’s eyes, and he began grinning ear to ear.

 

Rising up from his seat, he announce, “It’s pretty late. We should go back to our room. Bye guys” Seungho nodded at the 3 roommates and with that led Jieun out the door and unlocking the neighboring room with a key. They went in.

 

“Do you want to take a shower first?” Jieun nodded and wheeled herself inside, into the bathroom and locked the door. Sounds of splashing water quickly followed.

How does she take a shower anyways?

 

Around 10 minutes later Jieun wheeled herself out, fully equipped with pajamas. She got onto the bottom bunk with Seungho’s help.

 

Seungho took a quick shower and came out in a few minutes. He wasn’t one to take a long time in the shower. He closed up the lights and got onto the top bunk.

 

“So did you enjoy today?”

 

“Yeah. Thanks a lot”

 

“No problem. Those guys probably en- wait a minute”

 

There was the sound of rustling and suddenly Seungho hung his head down, facing Jieun.

 

“Where’s the ‘oppa’?” He grinned cheekily.

 

Too shocked for words, Jieun just lay there, staring at Seungho who chuckled softly and pulled his head back up.

 

Jieun wasn’t sure if there was a whisper of goodnight for Seungho, but after the amount of energy spent today, meeting new people, she soon found her eyelids closing and being swept onto dreamland.

 

---

WOW THIS WAS THE LONGEST CHAPTER EVER. 1,505 WORDS AND 5 PAGES. THANKS FOR WAITING GUYS. THERE PROBABLY WON’T BE ANOTHER LONG HIATUS LIKE THAT AGAIN AND I’LL TRY TO UPDATE DAILY. YOU GOTTA UNDERSTAND THOUGH I HAVE SCHOOL AND I AM PRETTY BUSY. ALSO I GET SICK A LOT AND THE REASON I DIDN’T UPDATE WAS BECAUSE I HAD THE FLU. PLEASE UNDERSTAND />W

BUT REALLY THANKS TO THE PEOPLE STILL SUBSCRIBING I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 WILL UPDATE SOON ;D

AND FOLLOW MY NEW TWITTER MAYBE? :3 @Seungwhor