Principle's daughter

A Reflection She wished for

“Jieunie wake up! It’s already 11am!”

 

“Wha…” Her beauty sleep came to a stop with the shrieking voice of Yoseob in her ear.

 

“It’s 11am!” Yoseob repeated, “How long are you going to continue sleeping?” He began to pull the blankets off her.

 

“Araso.. Araso” Jieun sat up in bed and Yoseob helped her get onto her wheelchair.

 

Then the bathroom door clicked open and Seungho stepped out, wrapped with only a towel, his chest bare. He was ruffling his wet hair, eyes going up only to meet Jieun’s whose face became red as a tomato.

 

The colour on their faces matched with Seungho running back into the bathroom and slamming the door shut, leaving a shock Jieun staring into space.

 

Am I going to be seeing that everyday?

 

She blushed again as thoughts of waking up to Seungho’s abs floated in her mind.

Damn those ert thoughts. Go away!

 

Soon after that, Seungho came out wearing a white V-collar and jeans. There was an embarrassed silence as Jieun wheeled herself into the bathroom and Seungho let out the sigh he was holding.

 

“I’ve never seen you embarrassed to be seen before. Hell, you literally ed in my face the other day”. Yoseob looked at Seungho, amused.

 

Seungho’s ears turned pink. “You did that to me first”.

 

Joon came strolling in, “Are you guys done yet? Why’s your face red?”

 

“No reason…”

 

“It’s because Jieun saw him top- and now he’s embarrassed”.

 

“Yah!”

 

“You’re such a , hyung. You gotta be a man and show her what you’ve got”.

 

“What the hell are you talking about? What happened to the guy who screamed like a little girl when I showed Min your pics?”.

 

“HYUNG DON’T TALK ABOUT THAT”

 

“What’s happening?” Junhyung poked his head in from the corridor.

 

“NOTHING” Joon started to sing, blocking out the explanation of Seungho. In the end Seungho gave up and went to sitting on the chair while waiting for Jieun.

 

After a while, Jieun came out in her wheelchair wearing a simple dress, plain but cute. They then went downstairs to get lunch, meeting Min in the process.

 

“Minnnn~” Joon squealed excitedly like an idiot and went over to his girlfriend. Giggling, she took his hand and they went to the dining hall together. Once again, the rest lagged behind and by the time they had reached, the couple were already filling their plates.

 

Seungho wheeled Jieun to where Min and Joon were standing, of course attracting attention in the process. They were once again met with stares and whispers among the students. Seungho sighed while Jieun met her treatment in silence. She was already used to this kind of act. After the group had filled up their plates, they walked over to an empty table and sat down. Junhyung helped Seungho move a chair and park in Jieun.

 

“Thanks. You guys are such gentlemen” Jieun looked at the both of them and smiled.

 

“I’m nice too!” Yoseob pouted and muttered, “Damn both of you flirters”.

 

“I can hear you. And I wasn’t flirting, I was being nice, unlike someone” Junhyung looked at Yoseob.

 

 “I’m nice too! Here, Jieunie, I got this for you” He stabbed a piece of meat with his fork and held it to Jieun’s mouth, who just stared at it, eyes wide.

 

“Idiot, that’s way too big” Seungho scolded while Joon laughed, making Yoseob pout again. “Sorreeee..”

 

“What the hell?”

 

The table they had sat on was just right next to the water fountain, and four girls were standing beside it and talking quietly.

 

“Having guys surround her like that”

 

“Pretending to be weak”

 

“Maybe she was running after them and fell, so now she’s in a wheelchair, having these guys take care of her”

 

“Of course it’s like that, how else is she going to get all 4 guys like that?

 

“Doesn’t the other one have a girlfriend though?”

 

“Probably just a ”

 

“Ewww no way!”

 

“Hey” Seungho stood up, together with Joon. Min stared at him, surprised.

 

The girls turned around, blushing slightly as they met eyes with Seungho. Well, you couldn’t deny that Seungho had that handsome, charismatic face.

“What?”

 

“Aren’t you girls going too far? You don’t even know her”

 

“What does it matter to you?”

 

“Well we’re her friends” Joon spoke up, coming to stand beside Seungho.

 

At another appearance of a hot guy, the 4 girls blushed harder and fidgeted amongst themselves.

 

“Whatever..” They quickly walked away, leaving Seungho and Joon standing there. Both of them sat down, Seungho next to Jieun, Joon next to Min.

 

“You really didn’t have to do that…” Jieun looked down uncomfortably.

 

 

“Well we’re friends” Seungho said, as if that was obvious. He looked at her, “Why, are we not?”

 

“No.. Well thanks anyways” Jieun still kept her eyes on her food, refusing to look up.

 

“Yeah”

 

They kept on eating, except for a certain person. Min was just staring at Jieun, and only started to eat after Joon poked her lips with kimchi.

 

“ATTENTION, YANG SEUNGHO, LEE JOON, YANG YOSEOB AND YONG JUNHYUNG, PLEASE REPORT TO CLASS 1-2”

 

“Whatt?? What’s that all about?”

“Let’s just go”

“You girls have some girl talk, we’ll be back~”

 

And with that, they walked out of the dining hall and Jieun was left alone with Min.

 

There was silence for a while in which they just ate, each with nothing to talk about.

 

“Are you close friends with them?” Min spoke up.

 

“Well not really, We just met yesterday”

 

“You guys seem so close… They must care for you, seeing that act just now”

 

Jieun knew she was referring to when Joon and Seungho had stepped up for her. “Well maybe? But we just met”

 

“Especially Joon and Seungho, huh?”

 

“Min?” Jieun stared at her in confusion, “What are you talking about?”

 

There was a short silence, and then Min replied, “Nothing, forget it”.

 

For about 5 minutes, there was nothing of conversation, until the 4 guys came back.

“What was that about?”

“We haven’t paid for our uniforms yet” Joon replied sheepishly and sat down along with the rest. He snuggled close to Min, who laughed merrily and patted his hair.

 

Jieun stared silently. That must’ve been my imagination, right? She’s not like that…

 

It was around 1pm when they finally finished their lunch, and so they went to Min’s room to play.

When Min knocked, a tall, black haired beauty opened the door. “Hey, what’re you guys doing here?”

 

“They came to play, but first, Junah! I bought this new bag on sale!”

 

“Really? Don’t tell me it was a fake”

 

“No, here, I’ve got to tell you….”

 

They then proceeded to talk about brand name bags, going on for a long time, oblivious to the impatience of people waiting.

 

Finally, Seungho couldn’t take it anymore. “And here….”  He wheeled Jieun out from behind Min, and interrupting their talk, “is Kim Jieun”

 

“His roommate” Yoseob added.

 

“The eyebrow above Junah’s left eye raised. “Co-ed rooms? I haven’t heard about that”

 

“Yeah… Well, it’s happened”

 

She snorted, “It’s never happened. Whatever, I’ll ask my dad. I’m Lee Junah by the way”

 

“How would your dad know?” Jieun questioned, not in the mean way, she was just curious.

 

Junah seemed to understand. “He’s the principle, so you can ask me anything concerning the school”. She smiled at Jieun in a gentle way.

 

Junhyung’s eyes widened, “I’ve never seen you smile before. It’s really a lot better than the scowl you always wear”.

 

“Shut up”

 

“Are you embarrassed?”

 

“No. Shut up already.”

 

“You’re always so mean to me”

 

“Like I care”

 

“Can we go in?” Yoseob huffed. They had been waiting ever since Min had been talking about her new bag, and now this. Their feet were going sore already.

 

Junah opened the door wide and gestured, “Go on”

 

They entered, eyes popping out.

 

“Hey, how is your room so much bigger?”

 

“Well obviously because the both of us are rich” Junah replied smugly, earning a roll of eyes.

 

True to their word, they did nothing but play. Watching 2 movies, playing on Junah’s Nintendo Wii, time passed by rapidly until it was late at night.

 

“Can’t Jieun sleep over?” Junah whined at Seungho. They had gotten closer by a whole lot, their likes and dislikes alike. Junah had been wanting a little sister to pamper for so long, and it looked like she had found her little sister, even if they were of the same age.

 

“We have the first day of school tomorrow”

 

“Yeah but-“

 

“Come on Junah, she’s probably tired” Min helped.

 

Junah whipped around to face Min, suspicious. After being met with the pair of large, innocent eyes, she turned back to Jieun. “Well, next time, okay?”

 

“Yeah” Jieun nodded, smiling.

 

“I don’t want to gooo~” Joon attempted aegyo at Junhyung who turned away with a disgusted look.

 

“Well we have to”

 

“How cruel. Night Minnie”

 

“Nightie”

 

They trudged back to their own dorm, parting in front of their rooms.

 

“See you tomorrow”

 

“Bye”

 

When the two of them went inside, they discovered a cardboard box laying next to the bed.

“I guess that’s your uniform” Seungho told Jieun.

Both of them took a shower, Jieun going first again. She slowly packed her schoolbag for tomorrow while Seungho took a shower and prayed for no displaying of his abs this time, and thankfully, it was granted. No doubt, she would eventually die if he kept giving her eyegasms day after day.

 

Once again being the one to switch off the lights, Seungho climbed the ladder up to his bed and unfolded the blanket. “You’ve packed for tomorrow, right?”

 

“Yeah..” Slowly, Jieun began to doze off.

“Goodnight then. I’ll wake you up early tomorrow, kay?”

“Araso. Goodnight oppa”

 

The tired Jieun had no sense of what she was saying, and fell asleep that moment, leaving a shocked Seungho wide awake, red in the face.

 

 

 

 

It’s not hard to guess that he probably didn’t sleep at all that night.