Room 65

A Reflection She wished for

“What?” Jieun wasn’t sure what she was hearing. Did this mean she would have to be sharing a room with a guy? It shouldn’t be possible.

“What kind of academy let their students have co-ed rooms? Nara, maybe we could go to another school? There should still be some academies open.”

Before Nara could reply, the headmaster spoke for her. “Miss Kim, our school is the only one open for applications right now. If you decide to apply for another academy, you will have to wait another year before you continue with your education”.

Jieun sat dumfounded. It was hard to believe what the headmaster was saying. More than a thousand thoughts were rushing through her mind

With a boy?

Sleeping in the same room?

Why me?

Is it really impossible to change my room?

Can father solve this?

Maybe I could go homeschool.

That thought switched her brain right back. She whipped her head round to face Nara.

“Nara, Can you phone my father and ask if it is possible for homeschooling?”

“That’s a great idea!” Rushing, Nara quickly opened her purse and got out her phone, dialing the number for Jieun’s father. She held it to her ear and waited in agony for him to pick up. Finally he did.

“Hello? Nara?”

“Yes! Mr. Kim?” Briefly Nara explained what was happening to Victoria’s father, from the missing photo to the wrong gender, and Victoria’s request for homeschooling.

Before she had even finished the sentence, Jieun’s Father snapped into the phone, “ Absolutely not! I have already paid and organized this school for her, so she will attend this school. It does not matter if she spends the night with a boy or even 5, after all, she doesn’t have any charm, does she?” His voice was so loud Jieun could hear it.

Jieun grabbed the phone from Nara, trying to keep control of her emotions, “Father, This will be my only request. I do not wish to spend the night with a person I do not know, furthermore a male. Will you plea-“, her words were cut short.

“NO! You will do as I say, you ungrateful child. You will be attending Brominwood Academy in your original room, with your original roommate. No changes shall be done, and this decision is final.” And with that, he hung up.

Beep

Beep

Jieun gasped in shock. How could he have just ended like that? He didn’t even try to hear her explain! Jieun slowly handed the phone back to Nara. She was staring blankly into space, so Nara could do nothing other than try to take control of the situation.

“I assume you will have to show us to her room?” Nara smiled weakly, pretending the call had never happened.

“Yes...” Both the headmaster and woman looked on, at a loss for words. The woman finally stepped up and gestured them forward, into the elevator on their right. As Nara wheeled Victoria into the elevator, the headmaster stared in astonishment.

What kind of parents has this girl got?

The headmaster shook his head. Sure, doting parents who found every fault in their child adorable were bad, but this was even worse. He slowly wobbled back into his office.

--

When the elevator reached the 6th floor, the woman stepped out of the elevator, onto the corridor leading to Jieun’s room. Nara followed closely behind as the woman walked past 4 doors and came to a stop at the 5th door, being the last door in the whole corridor.

Room 65

“Miss Kim, we’ve arrived at your room”.

“Yes… please go in” Jieun had finally woke from her slumber. She wondered what the guy she was sharing rooms with would be like. She hoped he wasn’t going to be asking questions all day and night. So much was still whirling in her mind. But the thing she was the most frightened of, the thing she had been thinking all along, was the thought of him molesting her. After all, guys were all like that, weren’t they?

Knocking slowly but loudly on the wooden door, the woman waited patiently for the door to open, “Open please! Your new roommate is here”.

 A loud crash followed in reply as the person inside hurried to open the door. He was definitely excited to meet his roommate, Jieun thought sadly. Little did he know the person he would be receiving was not the friend he expected.

“I’m nearly there! WOA-“ Another series of crashes and loud noises followed. Inside, Jieun began to giggle a bit, just a bit. This clumsiness amused her.

Finally, the door opened fully to reveal her roommate. And as it did so, Jieun’s mouth dropped wide open.

Standing there in front of her with the buttons of his shirt undone and in black trousers, she saw her roommate. His chestnut hair went along perfectly with her own long, silky brown hair. His ed shirt showed his perfectly toned abs, very much like a model. And his face. His face was of an angel’s, handsome from top to bottom.

As he took in his view of Victoria, his mouth also gaped wide open.

“Miss Kim Jieun, this is your roommate, Mr Yang Seungho. Mr Yang, this is your new roommate, Miss Kim Jieun”.