New Room... new people to meet

You Are Mine

 

I was done packing my things when suddenly there was a knock on a door. I tied my hair into a ponytail and opened the door to see an old woman standing and smiling at me. I opened my door wider and told her to sit down, she did what I said and I took that chance to ask who she is and what she is doing here at my room.

“I am Eva, one of the housekeepers. You must be Jessica?” She then reached out for a handshake. “I’m here to tell you about the things that you will do starting tomorrow.”

“Oh, it’s nice to finally meet you.”

Her face became more serious and then started telling me what I should do. There is isn’t so many things I have to do, just help out in the kitchen, clean the living room and watch out for the children. I nodded and she took off. I wasn’t able to sleep too much. I woke up at 3:00 AM because I am not too comfortable in the bed I am laying. So I decided to go out of my room and went to the kitchen. I saw Eva and a cute little boy talking. I cleared my throat and smiled.

“Do you need anything, dear?” Eva asks nicely. “You woke up early.”

“Oh, I just didn’t get enough sleep.” I reasoned, smiling at the boy but turning my head to see Eva afterwards. “What’s his name?”

 “His name’s Kyuhyun, he’s my son.”

“Hello there.” I smiled and got a smile back as well.

I bid both of them goodbye and went out of the pack house but before I went out I covered my scent and acted as a human. I looked around and followed a path, maybe there is a near lake or town here maybe I could tour myself. But while I was walking, I suddenly saw five people crossing the path I’m crossing, making me eyes wide and confused.

“Who the hell are you?” One girl snapped, glaring at me.

“Why do you even care?” I snapped back, glaring at her. “Wait; do you know where this path leads to? I’m kinda lost.” I said innocently.

“Are you a werewolf?” An older man asked, looking at me suspiciously.

“What are you talking about? Aren’t werewolves mythical creatures? How can they be real?” I asked, looking at them confusingly. One thing I learned from Dong Jun is that, when there is a hunter you need to lie about being a werewolf rather than die even though you can easily kill them but since I am hiding my true identity, I need to act as if I am a low class wolf.

“Well she doesn’t smell like a wolf so she’s a human.” The middle aged woman whispered to the older man, thank the goddess that I am a werewolf and wolfs do have amazing hearing. She then turned to look at me nicely. “This path leads to the town,” She answered my question with a smiling face.

“Thank you.” I smiled and started walking past them when a guy walked beside me, he’s a hunter too. But he looks like he’s 20 or something.

“I’m Yunho, what’s your name?” He asked, reaching for a handshake.

“Jessica.” I smiled and shook his hand. “What are you doing?”

“I don’t want to invade your personal space but can I accompany you to the town? You seem so knew here.” He looked intently at me. “And besides, who walks alone in the woods in 3 in the morning?”

I laughed and raised my hands up. “I do. I woke up early because I didn’t sleep well.”

“It’s a nice reason.” He then laughed along with me. “Well since I don’t have anything to do, do you want to hang out?”

“Uh…” I started, looking at him with a ‘sorry’ face. “I’m really sorry Yunho but I’m just taking a walk in the morning and I need to get back to my house after I’ve seen the town. My mom will kill me if she found out that I was gone for almost a day.”

“Oh, well I don’t really have anything to do right now so can I accompany you and your tour around the town?”

“You are determined to be with me, aren’t you?” I smiled at him. “Lead the way,”

He led me to the town and we walked around it, I smiled how kind Yunho is, considering that we should hate each other. We walked around town until I noticed that it is already 5:30 PM. Eva is going to kill me. I then punched Yunho on his shoulder and told him what time it is, he apologized and asked if he could me home. I declined the offer so he decided to get my number instead so that he can call me. I rolled my eyes and wrote it in his hands and dashed off. I arrived at the pack house at 6:30 PM and saw Sehun looking worried and running towards what seems his car. I grabbed his arm and that was the time when he looked relieved.

“Where the hell have you been?!” He shouted, glaring now at me. “Why didn’t you tell me that you are going out? I have sent the best trackers of my pack to find you.”

“I’m sorry!” I apologized irritatingly. “I didn’t know that I have to tell you wherever I go.”

“Thank the goddess that I was the one who found you and not Jaejoong,” He started, making me roll my eyes. “…Because if he did, he’ll put you on the cell.”

“Who’s Jaejoong?”

“He’s my Alpha and your mate.”

“Oh, so he’s the one who claimed me as his.” I shook my head. “What did you tell him anyway? Making him look at me with disgust?”

“I told him that you are the weakest link among your old pack.” He answered, but still continuing. “That’s why they kicked you out and then you stumbled into our territory and begged me to be part of the pack,” He then closed his car and started walking towards the house. “He hates weaklings so he doesn’t want to be seen with you.”

I rolled my eyes and tapped his shoulder. “Thanks for doing that for me. Well, you must excuse me because I need to apologize to Eva.”

“Alright, I’ll just tell Jaejoong that you are back.”

“Wait, if you said he doesn’t want me then why does he care?”

“You’re he’s mate, it’s natural for him to worry about you.”

“Well, tell him to not worry about me anymore because I can pretty much take care of myself.”

I then walked towards the kitchen to find Eva cooking. I walked towards her nervously, expecting her to shout at me but when she turned to look at me, she smiled. She accepted my apology and told me to never do it again, I agreed obediently and asked her if there is something I can do to help, she shook her head and told me that I should go and take care of the children in the play room.

When I got there, the children were in chaos. Girls were crying and boys were laughing at them. I got pissed off and knocked at the door. All the boys looked at me confusingly and the girls ran behind me. I picked up the smallest among them and asked what’s wrong. She told me everything and I did what I always do when there is a situation similar to this at my pack. I sat in the middle and placed the little girl. In my lap, I introduced myself and told them a long adventurous story. The one my mother used to tell me to get me to sleep.

After the story ended, all the children were already sleeping and the girl that I was carrying slept in my lap, I smiled and kissed her forehead. I laid her to beside the other girls and closed the lights and doors. By this time, the teens and adults have already finished eating. I walked towards the dining room and started cleaning.

“Want some help?” A deep and husky voice asked, I turned around and saw Jaejoong leaning on the wall not too far from me.

I shook my head and continued to do whatever I am currently doing.

“Don’t tell me that you are giving me the silent treatment. No one gives me that.” I really hate it how some Alphas are being too over confident with themselves.

I rolled my eyes and went to the kitchen. I don’t need him and his stupid over confidence to piss me off. But I think he didn’t get the message because he followed me and I think he is memorizing my every move.

“Do you love children?” He suddenly asked and I nodded in response. “I can see that, anyway is the story you told them true?” Again, I nodded. “Wow, you even made the boys love you.”

I smiled at that.

I really have a soft spot for children. They are too cute to be angry at and they seem to make everything brighter when the mood is somewhat heavy. While I was busy with my thoughts with the children, two strong arms were wrapped around my waist and a head suddenly rested on my shoulder. I looked at Jaejoong with a puzzled look.

“If you know about the story, then I think you know that I was carrying a little girl in my lap, right?” I asked, pushing him away from me and taking out the vacuum cleaner. I looked at him and waited for his answer before I resumed my duty.

“Yes.”

“What’s her name?”

“Victoria,” He started smiling. “She really likes you.”

“I think I noticed that.” I chuckled and went out and cleaned the living room.

 

~~

 

It’s already Sunday and it is my day off! I’ve been staying here for a week and they really treated me as an omega. I never thought that it would be so hard, no wonder no one is an omega in my pack. Everyone respects and cares for each other, unlike here in Jaejoong’s pack.

“Good Morning.” Eva greeted, smiling at me. “It’s a Sunday morning and your day off. What are you planning to do today?”

I smiled and brushed my hair. “Well, I’m going to town today and finish my tour myself.”

“That’s a good idea, when will you come back?”

“I don’t like to keep track on my time so I can’t tell you that.”

“Alright, be safe.”

I then went to my room and changed my pyjamas to something more casual, like a white sleeveless, covered with a green crop top, ripped jeans and combat shoes. I tied my hair into a bun and went to town. I then decided to go window shopping inside the mall for the meantime and just rest in the near coffee shop to finish the book I bought a few days ago.

While looking through the window, I suddenly bumped into someone; I bowed and uttered an apology only to get a chuckle as a response. I looked up and saw Yunho smiling at me. I then greeted him with a simple ‘hello’ and with that; I gained a companion to come with me in the coffee shop I was telling you about.

“Do you want to watch a movie? I think there is something good.” He suddenly suggested looking at me and smiling.

“Sure, what do you want to watch?”

“What do you want to watch?” He asked me, still smiling. OK. What is wrong with men and their smiles?

“Insidious 2!” I shouted happily, when I saw him looking at me like I am a crazy person. “What? Don’t you like it? I really, really loved the first one but I think I will love this even more! C’mon.”

“Are you sure? You don’t want to watch something… something like chick flicks?”

“No, they are to cliché for me so I decided to ditch them. I’m into horror movies now.” I explained, standing up. “So, do you want to watch it or not? I can watch it myself if you don’t want to.”

“Is there any way that I can make you change your mind? I may be a man but I don’t like horror movies.”

“Well…” I started, thinking of something that we could do. “You can come with me to shop for combat boots. My old ones are really old and I need to change it.”

“Sure, but can I ask you why do you need combat boots?”

“Well, I’ve been trained by my dad and brothers ever since I was 6 years old so, my combat shoes are really worn out.”

“Trained? Trained for what?”

“Trained for dangerous situations.”

“Oh, let’s go now so that you can have a good one.”

I smiled and let him led me to some shops were they sell combat shoes. I looked and searched for shoes that will satisfy my needs. Comfort, style and function. Yunho and I stayed in the same store for almost an hour and there isn’t any boots that could satisfy my need. UGH.

“Is there any more stores that sell combat boots?” I whispered/asked Yunho.

“This is the only one that is in town.”

“Oh,” I started, looking at my sides. “I haven’t found anything good so I’ll just pass the combat boots for now. Do you want to eat?”

“Sure. What do you like?”

“Shawarma! You do have one of those, right?” I asked, looking at him and hoping that he won’t say something that will disappoint me.

“Yes, we do have Shawarmas” He replied, smiling and opening the door for me to go outside. “Let’s go?”

I smiled at him and we both walked towards the Shawarma stall and I ordered an all – meat Shawarma while Yunho ordered a veggie Shawarma. I was about to pay for my food when he stopped me and insisted that he should buy it for me. I tried arguing and protesting but it got me to no good so I let him be. We started to seat on one of the bench and ate the Shawarmas.

I got back to the pack house at around 7:30 PM and went straight to change to a grey t – shirt and shorts and went down to help with the work. I went to the children’s play room to see if they need someone to take care off but when I got there, there was middle – aged woman already sitting in the middle of the children and telling them stories. I smiled and looked for Victoria. When I noticed that she wasn’t there either is Kyuhyun, I searched for them throughout the pack house only to find them sitting on the porch together.

“Hello.” I greeted, patting their heads and smiling. “What are you guys doing here in the middle of the night? Shouldn’t you be in the play room with the other kids?”

“I wanted to see the stars.” Victoria explained smiling back at me. “Kyuhyun is kind enough to accompany me.”

“How kind of you Kyuhyun,” I started, patting his shoulder. “Well, I think dinner is ready. Why don’t you eat?”

“Okay!” The both shouted happily and running together inside the house, leaving me in the porch giggling at them.

I stood up and walked a few steps away from the house and looked up. Stars are shining so bright tonight, no wonder Victoria wanted to see them. While I was busy looking up, someone suddenly tapped my shoulder and when I turned around, I saw Sehun standing beside me.

“How is your one week stay here?” He asked nervously.

“They really treated me as an omega.” I answered smiling. “If it wasn’t for my façade, they would have been dead by now.”

He laughed nervously. “That’s good.”

“You should go and eat dinner, people may start asking why you aren’t there eating with them.”

“Alright,”

When he left I opened my phone and called my best friend who is very angry at me right now.