New member to the family...

You Are Mine

Jessica’s POV

“1 week to go!” Nicole and Kai shouted, doing a happy dance in front of me.

“Yeah, yeah. I’ll get older.” I whined.

“Don’t worry about that, you still have a long life to live.” Nicole told me, tapping my shoulder and sitting beside me while we watch my best friend dance happily.

“You’ll get older too, Chocolate.” I told him, making him stop and seat beside me.

He looked at me with his puppy eyes meaning that he wants me take my words back. But I don’t want to because it’s the truth. Why would lie about something that will happen?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Nicole suddenly pulled me towards the lake. Kai followed in tow and we saw everyone having fun. Siwon was busy playing with Leeteuk and Donghae while my brothers were busy pranking someone I don’t know. Nicole then let go of my hand and run towards her mate and they both started making out. Ewe

I only stood at my place and felt Kai standing next to me. I leaned on his shoulder and saw some kids and teenagers playing and running. I laughed when Dong Jun was tossed to the water, making a big splash. Jinyoung and Jeong Min were the ones who tossed him and that made them laugh so hard that Junsu and Siwon pushed them too, also getting wet.

Everyone was having fun when suddenly dad and mom appeared with “The Council”. We all bowed for respect and dad told me that I should come with them so I did, Kai and my brothers wanted to come too but Dad told them that I am the only one they need. I looked back, smiled and raised a thumb up.

We went back to the Jung mansion and went straight to the meeting room, I sat in the middle while my parents are outside, when they say that I am the only one they need, they really mean it. I kept quiet while a man, dressed in a black suit started talking about responsibilities. I wanted to get out of here but I can’t because that would be disrespecting them.

My name was mentioned for two times, making me stare at them confusingly. Then when the only woman in the group stood, I looked at her. She told me to stand up and asked me one question that I know I can answer whole heartedly.

“Are you ready to lead a pack?” She asked.

“I do.” A simple answer yet it made the woman smile.

“You have the right to lead this pack ever since you were fourteen, am I right?” She asked while I nod. “We the council had a long debate for you, Jessica. My brothers thought that you could never lead a pack but look what you have done to this one, and on top of that, you are the strongest.”

“Thank you,” I smiled at her.

“They didn’t want to agree you see, to let your parents announce that you are the Alpha of this pack but when they saw the way you rule, they finally agreed.” She continued. “Congratulations, Jessica Jung.”

“Thank you.” I bowed and smiled at them.

The others stood up while the woman waited for them to go for her to walk up to me and hugged me. I was shocked but afterwards hugged her back, she was happy for me yet it doesn’t seem to show when the others are with her.

You have done well, my child. I then heard the beautiful voice again for 5 years, her voice is still beautiful.

Thank you, I answered, looking at everywhere while still hugging the woman.

When the woman let go of me, I saw her wearing different clothing. She’s the moon goddess? How could that be possible? My child, you worry too much about my appearance to you.

I just can’t believe that you and that woman are the same.

Just call her Selena, my dear, she will stay here and be with you, as much as I am to you.

Oh, can I ask a question? I told her, looking at the ground.

Do not look on the ground my dear, and yes you could ask me a question.

You said before that there’s someone more evil than the Alpha rogue, when will I meet him?

You my child is growing impatient. Wait for the first fall of the snow on your hand, there you will meet him.

How about the powers you told me? At least tell me about that.

She didn’t speak, she left and the woman – Selena just stood there and smiled at me before heading out to look for her brothers, I went out, went straight to my room and slept. She talked to me yet she didn’t tell me anything. I want to know it.

 

~~

 

“Good Morning baby girl.” My family, Kai and Nicole greeted before entering the door.

“Morning.” I answered lazily, standing up and staring at them. “What are you guys doing here?”

“We were worried; you went inside your room after that talk with the council. We just want to make sure that you are okay,” Mom told me, walking and hugging me. “Are you alright?”

“Of course I am, mother.” I reassured her.

“What did they say?” Dad then asked, sitting beside me.

“They congratulated me for being able to lead a pack. The council also told me that they had a long time debating if I should be declared Alpha but when they saw how I managed to make this pack as the strongest, they finally agreed.” Then I explained.

“That’s great!” My brothers shouted in unison.

I laughed and stood up, I told them that I am going to get a shower and have breakfast afterwards; they nodded their head and went out except for Nicole and Kai. They sat on my bed and waited for me to finish. I wore a black tank top matched with my combat boots and went to see the two gone from my bed. Well, that’s odd.

“For our amazing Alpha,” Chef Taemin announced, placing a plate full of bacon in front of me. “I made this especially for you.”

“Thank you Taemin!” I said, kissing him on the cheeks before eating. “How’s your wife?” I then asked.

“Krystal is resting in our room. You know, we are having twins!” He happily said, cleaning some of the used plates.

“That’s great! Have you thought of a good name?” I asked, really excited.

“Well, we were thinking that you should pick for us.” He said shyly, making me tap your shoulder.

“Well now, Taemin. I can do that for you once your children are born.”

His smile grew wider and he bowed before dashing out of the kitchen, maybe to tell her wife that I am willing to help them pick a name. I smiled at that and then it made me wonder what if Jaejoong and I get married and have kids? What will we call them?

You’re excited on marrying our mate. I heard Dara say, purring at my words.

I also said what if. It doesn’t mean I want to marry him.

But you thought of it.

Yeah, yeah. I answered, shooing her out of my head.

After eating the bacon, I immediately dashed out of the Jung mansion and changed to my wolf before going to a run. Good thing that no one is following me so I could have a peace in my mind. I stopped once I saw Jaejoong’s land, right there and then; I felt a sting in my head, making me weak and vulnerable. I climbed up a tree and watched some of his pack mates patrolling, good. Sehun is following what I told him.

I was busy counting the clouds when I hit that amazing scent which is coming from my mate. I saw him running towards the border with Sehun and Onew but before he could jump, Onew and Sehun stopped him. What’s going on?

And then I heard his husky voice shouting. “Jessica’s scent is there! I need to get her!”

I watched until Onew told him something that I couldn’t hear that made him back down and sat. I sigh, already missing the embrace of my mate. Sehun and Onew then decided to leave him and I decided to stare at him because I know that he doesn’t see me because I am on top of a tree, .

After some time of staring, I decided to go back to the pack house. I changed in mid-air and ran towards the pack house but before I could even lose sight of my mate, I looked back and saw him crying making my heart shatter.

I shook my head and run faster… but stopped when I realized something, I am and Alpha and his an Alpha… he could go here at my land with me because I can grant his permission to enter. Without any second thought, I ran back, happy that I could finally be with my mate but it didn’t happen since when I got there, he was gone.

I changed back to my human form and cried. This is not want I wanted but I chose this because of my pack. I turned around, changed to my wolf again and ran back to the pack house. There I saw Selena and Siwon talking. I growled that made them look at me.

“There you are!” Siwon shouted, hugging me and patting my fur. “Where have you been? Everyone is looking for you.”

Give me something to wear first. I told him through the mind link, making him nod his head and taking his shirt off. Thanks.

I then changed to my wolf behind the three and went back smiling at Selena who was just staring at me. What? Now I can’t wear my brother’s clothes?

“I went for a run and went to count the clouds on top of the tree.”  I answered, entering the pack house with them following me.

“Okay. Go and clean up, dinner is ready.” Siwon said, smiling and talking to Selena again.

I made my way to my room and saw Kai sitting there in my bed sleeping. I smiled, kissed his forehead and went to shower before waking him up. After doing so, I changed to my black rose top with my ripped jeans and combat boots and went out to see a smiling Kai. I reached out my hand for him to take and when he did, we went down and saw everyone smiling at us. Selena was sitting beside my parents and Siwon was sitting next to Leeteuk.

“Good Evening, everyone.” I greeted, smiling at them.

“Good Evening, now let’s eat?” My dad replied, smiling at me while standing up. “But before that, let us welcome Selena, a new member of our family.”

I smiled, happy that someone is going to be a part of my family but got confused. “How about the council, Selena?” I then asked.

“Oh, I am still part of the council, Jessica. I am just going to attend whenever it’s important.”

“Oh,” The only thing I said before sitting in between Dong Jun and Kai.

“Happy eating.” All of us said before eating the food that is on the table.

 

~~

 

“How’s the preparation going?” I heard Mom ask Chef Taemin, Aunt Maurice and Jinyoung.

“It’s going to be the best day for Jessica.” Aunt Maurice commented, smiling at my mom.

“I know, get the bed ready, okay? Some of the Alphas who are from far away will stay here.” My mom reminded then turned to look at my brother. “Make sure that Jessica’s outfit will be great, okay?”

“Yes mom, I went out shopping for that with Kai.”

“Good, now let’s get going.”

I smiled and went back to the gaming room. We were busy playing table tennis when I got hungry and was about to go and get some food but when I heard my mom talk about my birthday, it caught my attention and I waited and hid to hear them saying but that’s all I heard.

“Where’s the food?” Kai suddenly asked, looking at me.

“Go get it, I’m tired.” I whined, pushing him off the love seat and rested.

He laughed at my action and went to get the food. While waiting I played my phone for a while and then decided to call Sehun. I haven’t talked to him or my mate for 2 weeks and I am really missing them. There were a few ring and when he picked up, I heard a child shouting.

“Hey.” I greeted.

“Jessica…” He said, he sounded exhausted.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing it’s just that Tori is going crazy like Jaejoong. She’s looking for you and we don’t know what to say to her.”

“Give her the phone.” I then said, smiling now that I know I would be able to hear Tori’s voice. “Hey little girl…” I greeted when I heard her hello.

“JESSICA!!!” She suddenly shouted, making me pull away the phone from my ear.

“Calm down little girl, I’m here. What’s wrong?”

“Where are you?! Why haven’t you come yet?” She asked.

“Shh… Shh…” I said, breathing. “I’ll be back, okay? I don’t know when but I will. Okay? Wait for me.”

“Just…just…come…home!!” She shouted in between sobs.

“I will…I will…” After saying that, I told her to give the phone back to Sehun but there was different voice who answered me. “Jaejoong…”

“Jessica, please come home!” He pleaded.

“I am home, Jaejoong.”

“Come home to me, your pack!”

“My pack is here, Jaejoong.”

“Why are you so cold to me?” He asked in between sobs.

“I’m not cold to you, Jaejoong. I’m telling you that this my home and this is my pack.”

“I love you.” He said, making me sigh.

“Goodbye, Jaejoong.” I said before hanging up the phone and placing it in my pocket.

I began shaking my head and telling myself that what I did was the best thing. The only thing that stopped me is Kai suddenly scooping me up and comforting me. I couldn’t resist it anymore and just cried again and again.

“Just let it all out.” He said, rubbing my back. “You could never lead a pack of you keep on putting that wall.”

“I just…” I started pulling from him but was stopped when he placed his finger on my lips.

“Don’t talk, just let it all out.” He then hugged me again, making me cry for the second time.

I cried myself to sleep.