Daehyun: The One You Loved

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Daehyun, my best friend since childbirth. He was always there. We would always play Bob The Builder, and for some unknown reason Bob wasn't a builder but a mechanic so I always had to be the car and he would "fix me" by hitting me with plastic tools but I didn't care since I was a child. I had so many bruises but it didn't matter, he was my best friend.

 

 The One I Love

 

"Idiot!" Eunsun laughed and playfully punched Daehyun on the arm.

 

"Hey, I was just saying!" Daehyun smiled and threw up his hands in defence. Eunsun just laughed and shook her head, "You are the worst friend on the planet!" She whined. Daehyun got behind Eunsun and hugged her around her waist, "Eunsun!" Daehyun said cutely. Eunsun blushed slightly at the feel of his touch. Her heart started to beat faster, What-what is this?! She yelled at herself.

 

"Yah let go, we're at my house!" Eunsun pried Daehyun's hands off of her and ran up to her front door before she turned and waved to Daehyun. He waved back and waited for her to go inside before he walked away with his hands in his pockets.

 

"I'm home!" Eunsun called out. She threw her backpack next to the door and replaced her sneakers with her bunny slippers.

 

"Mom! Dad!?" Eunsun yelled as she walked through the house. She passed the dining room table and saw a little pink note that read: Hey honey your father and I have to continue making plans for the new building! We had to go all the way to Seoul so we won't be home for a few days, we left you money but if you need anything go ask the Jung's. Mrs Jung said Daehyun was willing to help with anything. We'll see you Monday honey. Love you. -Mom

 

Eunsun sighed and picked up the wad of cash and shoved it into a blue China jar in the dining room.

 

Eunsun went into the kitchen and turned the stove on and made herself some ramen in a pot. She quickly ate it and put her bowl in the sink.

 

Eunsun walked into her bedroom and layed on the bed. She gripped her heart and sighed, "Why did I feel that way?" She asked herself as she thought back to the moment with Daehyun. Her heart quickened once again as she blushed furiously.

 

 

". . . A fire at 21 Taisoo street, started from the kitchen and worked it's way up to the attic . . ."

 

"Eunsun . . ." Daehyun whispered in horror, he ran out of his house and sprinted to Eunsuns house.

 

There were police officers holding people back, ambulances on the ready and firefighters spraying water all over the house.

 

"EUNSUN!" Daehyun yelled and ran to the house.

 

"You can't go inside!" A police officer yelled and held him back.

 

"MY BEST FRIEND IS IN THERE!" Daehyun yelled and faught the police officer.

 

"Please stay back sir!" The officer yelled again as he struggled to hold Daehyun back. Another officer held Daehyun as a firefighter carried out a body in his arms.

 

"EUNSUN!" Daehyun let out a shriek.

 

The firefighter placed Eunsun's body in the ambulance. Daehyun broke through the officers and ran to the ambulance, "Sir you can't come in here!" A woman held Daehyun back but he protested, "That's my best friend, I'm coming!" The lady sighed and allowed him to come in the ambulance as it speeded to the Graceful Heart Hospital.

 

Eunsun please . . . Don't leave me . . .

 

 

At the hospital Eunsuns eyes opened slightly and she winced in pain as she looked at her hands that were burned severely.

 

"M-mom? D-dad?"

 

"Eunsun!" Daehyun said quickly and stood up looked down at Eunsun.

 

"D-daehyun?" She said quietly and looked up at him, he smiled widely and bent down and hugged her.

 

"What the hell did you do?!"

 

"I-I left the stove on. After I made ramyun." She said quietly again.

 

"Shh don't speak." Daehyun said and looked at her, his hand now wrapped around her neck. The stared at each other for a second before Daehyun slowly leaned forward and gently pressed their lips together.

 

It wasn't fireworks there were no butterflies in their stomachs it was like the feeling Wendy had when she was flying with Peter. That feeling that you could go anywhere do anything. The feeling of invincability. The feeling of flying. The kiss. Was fairy dust.

 

Daehyun pulled away from the kiss, his eyes were closed tightly and his mouth was open slightly.

 

"Daehyun," she whispered.

 

"I'm sorrry, I rushed it."

 

"N-no, it's okay, I liked it."

 

He sighed and Eunsun looked at him weirdly, "Are you okay?"

 

"I'm scared."

 

"Why?"

 

"I'm scared you'll treat me like a naive fool. Like I'm a child." He looked away.

 

"Jung Daehyun was this your first kiss?" Eunsun smiled.

 

He scoffed loudly and blushed, "N-no!"

 

"It was!" She grinned and laughed.

 

"D-don't laugh at me . . . "

 

"If it makes you feel any better it was my first time too."

 

"R-really," he smiled and sighed in relief. "I'm so relieved."

 

"Why?" Eunsun pouted cutely.

 

"Now I don't feel so inexperienced." He chuckled and she just gave a half laugh at him.

 

Eunsun bit her lip and smiled. Daehyun looked awkwardly at her and smiled.

 

"Eunsun I have a secret . . ." Daehyun bowed his head and sighed. 

 

"What's wrong?" Eunsun tilted her head.

 

"I'm going to America . . ." He said quietly. Eunsun just stared at Daehyun in silence. "A-are you angry?"  He asked.

 

"Of course! What kind of question is that?! We just had our first kiss and now you say you're leaving!" 

 

"I'm sorry! I don't know what you want me to do!" Daehyun argued. "I want to know why you're leaving!" Eunsun was at the point of tears as she yelled.

 

"I'm going to a big college to be a scientist. I'm going to see if there's life on other planets!" Daehyun smiled as he started to go on about aliens.

 

"Get out." Eunsun said quietly. "What?" Daehyun looked at her shocked.

 

"I said, get. Out." Eunsun said darkly. Daehyun just looked at her till Eunsun repeated herself, "Get!Out!" She yelled and Daehyun quickly left.

 

 

He broke my heart . . .

 

 

Year 2050

 

 

"We did it! There is life on Mars!" A reporter yelled into a mic. " Dr. Jung Daehyun has found the aliens! Korea is the first to ever discover aliens!"

 

"Well I'll be damned," Eunsun smiled, "he really did it."