Himchan: The One You Would Have Loved

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

This was the man that I could have loved, but he never gave me the chance, he left way too soon to see how things would turn out.

 

Eunsuns family had a beautiful condo in the center of Paris and every year they would stay up there for the whole summer. This year would be totally different.

 

In the summer of 2013 Eunsun was going to have to travel to Paris alone.

 

"Wait why aren't you guys coming?" Eunsun asked quickly.

 

"Well, your father and I have to continue staying at the school."

 

"What why?!" Eunsun yelled, "it's summer!"

 

"I'm sorry hunny but our school offers summer courses so we have to stay and run all the courses." Eunsun sighed over the phone and said yes then hung up. 

 

"How could they do this to me?" Eunsun sighed and looked out the window. She was in Paris. The sun was rising and the sky was a glossy pink that shone

around all the beautiful blue and red and blue buildings. It was such a gorgeous country. Eunsun smiled and stood up, "Okay no need to sulk, I am in the city or whatever of love and I should be having fun!" Eunsun grabbed her Jean jacket and put it over her pink floral mini dress and walked out the door.

 

As Eunsun walked down the street she stopped at little shops and said hello to people she had seen last year.

 

"Maria!" Eunsun cheered as she went and hugged a young woman who was selling jewellery. "Eunsun!" A French girl smiled and hugged her back.

 

"It's been too long." Eunsun spoke in French and let go of Maria. "Much too long!" Maria smiled but then frowned, "where are your parents." Eunsun sighed, "How about we go out to eat." 

 

When they got to the cafe Eunsun began to tell her all about what was happening, her parents, school and everything. "So now I'm here alone." Eunsun sighed and Maria looked at her with sympathy, "I'm sorry."

 

"Nah don't be, I plan on having fun!" Eunsun smiled.

 

"I'm glad!" Maria smiled. She looked at her watch and frowned, "I'm sorry Eunsun I have to go but I'll see you tomorrow." 

 

"Alright, bye Maria," Eunsun smiled as Maria got up and left. Eunsun stayed seated outside the cafe and sipped her mocha chip coffee. She casually looked around outside till she saw another Korean guy, he looked over and smiled; Eunsun smiled and beckoned him over, he smirked and walked on over.

 

"Hello." Eunsun smiled.

 

"Hello." The mysterious guy smiled and sat down holding a tea cup. He was wearing a simple button up shirt that clung tightly to his chest and he had dark jeans. "So what's your name?" He asked politely. "It's not right for a man to ask a woman's name before giving his own." She said cooly. He chuckled, "Himchan, my name is Himchan."

 

"Eunsun." She smiled. 

 

"So what brings you to Paris?" He asked and took another sip of his tea.

 

"Vacation, I'm here for a few weeks." Eunsun replied.

 

"That's great! Do you like it?" He asked.

 

"It's okay," Eunsun shrugged.

 

"My good lady you are in the most romantic place in the world. You should enjoy your stay," he paused for a moment and made a suggestion, "I could show you around f you want?"

 

Eunsun smiled, "I'd like that."

 

Himchan paid for both the coffees and stood up, "shall we go?" Eunsun smiled and nodded. She stood up and went with Himchan.

 

He began to show her all the buildings and shops that were lined on the cobblestone streets.

 

"So do you like Paris?" Himchan asked with a smile.

 

"It's gorgeous!" Eunsun chimmed.

 

Himchan chuckled, "I'm glad you like it." Eunsun smiled when all of a sudden a motorcycle sped through the streets followed closely by a police car. As they were racing down the street -out of instinct- Himchan pulled Eunsun to the side resulting in her falling into his arms. The cars barely hit them as Eunsun stared at Himchan in shock. 

 

"Are you alright?" Himchan asked softly. Eunsun swallowed and nodded slightly. Himchan sighed and smiled, "Well that was fun." Eunsun laughed and they continued to walk.

 

They continued to talk and walk the whole day. Himchan told Eunsun all about the old legends in the town, he showed her all the best shops. Nothing could ruin her day.

 

The day progressed and soon it was night time, he had taken her to a rooftop where they set up a small picnic. "This is beautiful Himchan!" Eunsun stared in wonder at the neat little picnic.

 

"Glad you like it," he smiled and led her over to the blanket.

 

They spent the night eating and talking and as the stars came out they laid down with her in his arms and they just stared at the night sky in all its splendor. "This is truly beautiful." Eunsun said with a small smile.

 

"Not as beautiful as you," Himchan said in the cheesiest way possible.

 

"Oppa!" Eunsun giggleed and hit his chest, he laughed and looked her in the eye. They just stared at each other till Himchan slowly moved his hand to cup her cheek and planted his lips on hers softly. Eunsun wasn't at all shocked,she knew where this night was going and she didn't mind it at all. Eunsun kissed back, wrapping her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss.

 

The sun rose high in the sky and Eunsun woke up with a smile, she felt a warm body next to her and she instinctively grabbed it thinking it was Himchan, she smiled. She knew she was falling hard for him. "Hey sweetheart." A voice spoke, but it wasn't Himchan. It was someone else. Eunsun jumped up and covered herself with a blanket, she looked horrified as another man was laying next to her.

 

"W-where's Himchan?" She stuttered, the guy only chuckled.

 

"He left."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because he doesn't need you!" The guy smiled, "it was a one night stand."

 

"W-what?" Eunsun was so confused, how could he just leave her like that? He didn't even say goodbye . . . he just . . . left.

 

After Paris Eunsun was never the same, she had a hard time trusting people since a Himchan just gave her heart away so easily . . .

 

 

 

"That !" Youngjae yelled.

 

"Oh calm down," Eunsun smiled, "I don't blame him for leaving, it was a one nightstand and it taught me a valuable lesson."

 

"And what was that?" Youngjae asked.

 

"Never have a one nightstand," Eunsun chuckled and Youngaje just smiled and shook his head.