Jongup: The One You Could Have Loved

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

The one I could have loved was Jongup. He may have been the sweetest thing on the planet, but he had a dark and morbid background.

 

It was in Sacheon, the city with a population of about one-hundred thousand. No place in South Korea is "bad" but this was probably one of the worst. Rats running at night, horrible fishing docks with trash everywhere, no bars, old buildings, and tons of insects. Worst city in South Korea. And that was where I met the one I could have loved, Jongup.

 

It was Christmas break of 2014 and Eunsun was being forced to go see her cousin, Youngjae in Sacheon. Youngjae was known for his...grand...personality, and while Eunsuns parents were stuck in LA, she was now stuck in Sacheon. The worst of the worst.

 

"I don't know why I have to be stuck here, in Sacheon." Eunsun pouted as she sat in the car with Youngjae.

 

"Oh don't be a , you know you love it here." Youngjae grinned widely.

 

"Don't swear," Eunsun said and covered her ears with her hands, "my innocent ears do not need to hear such foul language."

 

"Oh please sweetheart, you're in Sacheon now." Youngjae smirked as he park in front of a dumpy old building, "Home sweet home."

 

"Oh god you still live here?" Eunsun scrunched up her nose as she looked at the building.

 

"Of course I live here!"

 

"Is Jay still here?"

 

"He's never gonna leave." Youngjae chuckled. Eunsun laughed as they got out of the car. "We even got some new guys."

 

"Oh really? Like who?"

 

"A girl and a guy."

 

"A girl?!" Eunsun said shocked.

 

"Yeah," Youngjae smiled, "let's go in, I'll introduce you to them." Eunsun nodded and they entered the dark, musty room. "Yo guys gather 'round!" Youngjae announced and a bunch of guys gathered around a tattered couch, a bean bag chair, and a small box tv. The place was still a dump, just like it was 3 years ago when Eunsun first came here. "Aight guys, this is my cousin, Eunsun, she's gonna be here for a few days and you're all gonna be good to her." Youngjae grinned and placed his arms around her shoulders. "Okay you guys can go." Youngjae said, "Except for Jongup and Tanzy."

 

A girl with long curly blond hair and a boy with purple hair walked up, "Whats up Youngjae?" The girl asked.

 

"Eunsun hasn't met you guys before, since you're new and all. So Eunsun, this is Jongup and Tanzy, new recruits."

 

"Hi Tanzy, Jongup, I'm Eunsun, Youngjae's cousin, nice to meet you."

 

"Yeah nice to meet you too," Tanzy smiled slightly.

 

"Youngjae we got a problem!" A guy shouted from across the room.

 

"God are you ing serious?" Youngjae hissed, "Jongup, show Eunsun to her room." Youngjae commanded and ran away.

 

"Let's go." Jongup said coldly and began to walk up the stairs. Eunsun quickly followed him and they walked in silence as every was rushing around downstairs running outside of the building with guns...

 

"What's going on?" Eunsun asked quietly.

 

"Customer."

 

"Oh," Eunsun said as Jongup opened a steel door.

 

"In you go."

 

"Thanks," Eunsun smiled slightly and walked in.

 

"Jongup, stay with Eunsun!" Youngjae called. Jongup gave him a worried look but nodded his head and walked in the room with Eunsun.

 

"Is everything alright?" Eunsun asked, her voice a little shaky.

 

"Yeah, fine." Jongup said shortly, he wasn't much of a talker.

 

"Not much of a talker are you?" Eunsun voiced her thoughts a little carelessly as Jongup glared at her.

 

"Look, the only reason I'm still sitting up here with you is because you're related to Youngjae, so don't think you're special." Eunsun was slightly shocked at his tone but remained quiet as she went and sat on the bed.

 

It was quite awhile before Youngjae walked in smiling widely. "It's all good, just a little misunderstanding." Jongup stared at Youngjae with cold eyes, he knew something was up.

 

"You sure?" Jongup asked.

 

"Absolutely, just a misplace fo some money!" Youngjae smiled, he really seemed to sweet to be in this line of work. Jongup gave him a skeptical look and walked out of the room without as much as a good bye. "Are you okay Eunsun?" Youngjae asked.

 

"Perfectly fine," Eunsun smiled and Youngjae smiled back.

 

"Look I'm gonna have to go tonight meaning you're going to have to stay with Tanzy. Alright? Don't cause her trouble."

 

"I promise." I grinned, Youngjae smiled and gave me a kiss on the forehead and walked out. Jongup was standing outside the door watching and as Youngjae came out his smile faded.

 

"What's really going on?" Jongup inquired.

 

"The Sharks want a battle, so we're gonna give them one." Youngjae gave a death glare as him and Jongup entered a storage full of weapons.

 

"Are you sure, your cousin is here?"

 

"You have to make sure she remains safe." Youngjae ordered.

 

"Come on you know how I feel about women!" Jongup whined.

 

"Exactly which is why I'm putting you in charge of her, she doesn't know it's you so you have to be careful." Youngjae grabbed a 50 cal sniper rifle and checked the scope.

 

"Youngjae, come on man. Stop trying to set me up with your cousin." Youngjae slammed Jongup against the walla nd glared.

 

"You think this is a mothering dating site, I'm trying to protect Eunsun because I love her and if you don't want to help I can kill you right now so the sharks don't have to!" Youngjae's voice was loud and frightning, he really could lose his cute image in an instant when it came to his job.

 

"S-sorry." Jongup chocked and Youngjae let him go.

 

"Now get your back up there and take this!" Youngjae yelled and chucked Jongup a swat mini k.

 

"You're giving me this lame to protect her?" Jongup said with disbelief.

 

"We both know you're better with your hands." Youngjae smirked.

 

"Yes sir." Jongup smiled and walked back upstairs. He entered Eunsun's rooma dn she was sitting there and glared at hi.

 

"What do you wa- HOLY IS THAT A GUN?!" She yelled and backed against the wall, "I knew you hated me but I didn't think you'd come to kill me!"

 

"Shut up I'm here to protect you not kill you." Jongup rolled his eyes and sat down.

 

"Oh." Eunsun cleared and moved away form the wall. "I thought Tanzy was protecting me?"

 

"Change of plan, Youngjae needs her for a...delivery."

 

"You don't need to lie, I know something's wrong." Eunsun bowed her head, "Is Youngjae going to be okay?" She asked with a timid voice.

 

"I don't know..." Jongup said honestly.

 

"Is there any way in hell that you would let me go help him?" Eunsun asked hopefully.

 

"I'd like to." Jongup looked at her dead in the eyes.

 

"So is that a yes?"

 

Jongup smiled, "Yeah."

 

 

Jongup and Eunsun had waited till the others were gone before leaving themselves, there was no way in hell that they were letting the others battle the Sharks without them. They had gotten in a spare jeep and followed Youngjaes plan and followed close behind.

 

"What are we gonna do when we reach them?" Eunsun asked.

 

"We're gonna wait till they're in a bind and I'm gonna rush out and help them."

 

"Wow great plan sherlock." Eunsun said sarcastically.

 

"Got a better plan?" Jongup glared at her.

 

"N-no."

 

"Then  I suggest you shut your trap and let me do my thing."

 

"No need to be so rude." Eunsun huffed and folded her arms across her chest.

 

They quickly arrived at the destination and as tehy waited things started to unfold. Youngjae was arguing with a man and they pointed guns at each other, everyone else followed suit and soon there was a gun battle. Shots fired, people fell, crimson red flowing from their body. Tears threatened to fall from Eunsun's eyes as she stared in horrror. All of a sudden Youngjae screamed and began running out in the open shooting his guns. It seemed years as he fell to the ground his eyes lifeless as a Shark shot him, he laid on the ground, turning pale quickly.

 

"Youngjae!" Eunsun shrieked and ran out of the car.

 

"Eunsun!" Jongup barked and followed her.

 

Eunsun had run to Youngjae's body and was crying over him, "Youngjae wake up! Dammit Youngjae wake up!" She screamed and clung to his body.

 

"Eunsun get away!" Jongup yelled and ran after her shooting everyone in site. "Eunsun move!" Jongup yelled. Eunsun sat in tears over her dead cousin. Jongup reached her and pulled her off and began to lead her away before he was shot in the chest.

 

"Jongup!" Eunsun held him up as he glared at her.

 

"Crazy , leave!" He chocked and began to shoot his gone in all directions screaming like a mad man. "Run Eunsun!" Jongup yelled, he was shot in the chest multiple times and fell to the ground dead.

 

"Eunsun let's go!" Tanzy yelled an d dragged Eunsun back to the car. She drove her away and they left Sacheon.

 

Eunsun never experienced pain like this before but she would feel grief in the next few years, much like this. She never even got the chance to love Jongup, she could have but didn't.

 

 

"That's it..."

 

"Yes..." Eunsun sighed.

 

"I'm sorry grandma."

 

"Don't be, child, I still have you." She smiled.

 

"So that's why you named me Youngjae?"

 

"Hehe of course, I'm just gald your stuck up mother let me do it," Eunsun winked and Youngjae laughed. "I cvouldn't back on my promise to my best friend."

 

"Did you love Youngjae?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"As in, did you love him?"

 

"And what if I did?" Eunsun asked with a skeptical look.

 

"I don't know, I thought this was going to be about Jongup."

 

Eunsun laughed, "No I didn't love Youngjae liked that, I think I had feelings for Jongup but I had only just met him. But I guess I could easily fall for a bad boy like him." Eunsun smiled as Youngjae nodded.

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

I'd like to let you know I actually did some research for this, like a whole 5 minutes xD Be proud of the author~! I actually have like the next 3 chapters already written, the only one i have to write is the Zelo one "Junhong: The One You Almost Loved" and that's the last chapter, so these will be uploaded pretty quick.

 

Please comment and show support~!