Junhong: The One You Almost Loved

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Ahh the playboy Junhong. He was the saddest one.

 

It was Eunsun's first day as a student teacher at Seungri High.

"Ahh Miss Jung, lovely to have you here. I'll show you to your desk." The Principal spoke and led her down the hallway to the main office. "You're desk is in the back corner next to Mr. Mashima, our Japanese teacher."

"Thank you," Eunsun bowed and took her spot at her desk.

"You're first class is in 2-A,have fun." The Principal chuckled and walked away.

I wonder what he meant by that?

 

As Eunsun entered the classroom she was immediately appauled. Girls doing thier hair and makeup, boys throwing food, chairs and desks toppled over and things spilled all over the walls.

"What is-"

"Hey! We have a new teacher!" One of the boys yelled as he let go of his friend.

"P-please take your seats." Eunsun tried not to stutter as she put her things on the podium, she picked up one of the desks and chair. "Class will be starting." Out of respect the students all sat down and paid attention.

"And that is how Shakespeare started out writing-"

The door slammed open and in walked a boy with a bright smile, "I heard our new student teacher was coming. It's lovely to meet you Eunsun." He walked up to the front of the class and bowed.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Junhong, and it's lovely to meet you." He smiled and moved to the back of the class. Wolf whistles were heard from all around the room which caused Eunsun to blush slightly as the bell rang. "I shall see you later, Miss Jung." Junhong winked and walked out quickly.

Eunsun sighed and walked out after Junhong, "Wait!" she yelled, "I need to talk to you."

"Yes?" He turned around and smirked looking at her with his droopy eyes.

"Why were you late to class?" Eunsun tried to use a commanding voice but she cracked mid sentence which took all the authority out of her tone.

Junhong chuckled and just stared at her, "I had business to attend to."

"What business was that?" She folded her arms and tilted her head to the side.

"Adult business, you wouldn't understand seeing as you are still in high school." 

"Haha very funny."

"That sounded sarcastic." Junhong pouted.

"It was, I expect to see you in class tomorrow." She said with authority -her voice not cracking this time.

"Will do ma'am." Junhong bowed and walked away.

 

He didn't come to class the next day.

 

Junhong hardly ever came to class, his graders were deteriating quickly, there was no way in hell he was gonna graduate at this rate.

 

It was another week before Junhong came to school and Eunsun made sure to steal the opportunity and talk to him about his future.

"Junhong!" Eunsun caught him in the halls talking to a female student (a pretty one).

He smiled as Eunsun approached and bid adieu to the underclassman, "Eunsun, how lovely to see you." 

"Same here, I would like to talk to you a bit."

"Aish, I'm kinda busy right now,school, ya know." 

"That's just it!" Eunsun cut him off, "That's what I want to talk to you about, school."

"Look Eunsun, you seem like a great girl, no, a great woman, but I don't care, I've had this conversation with people before and I'm not gonna have it with you. So, I will see you later." He smiled a warm smile and began to walk away.

"Please...please come to class tomorrow." Eunsun pleaded, she hated acting so desperate but she really did care for the boy and she wanted to see him succeed and the only way that was going to happen was if he came to class at least once a week.

He turned his head slightly so Eunsun could catch a glimpse of his fleeting smile, he lifted his hand in the hair and waved. She supposed it meant he would show up.

 

The following day Junhong in fact did show up for class. Eunsun couldn't have been happier.

After class had ended Eunsun made sure to trap Junhong before he could leave. 

"Junhong, I really need to talk to you."

"Look Eunsun-"

"Over coffee, my treat." She tried to coax him into saying yes with her bribe of coffee and maybe doughnuts if she was feeling generous. He let out a sigh of defeat and she smiled in victory. 

 

They decided to meet on a Saturday, it seemed to work well for both of them seeing as school was out.

Eunsun waited patiently for Junhong in the nearby coffee shop, it was small and quaint but quite comfortable. As time continued to pass ticking slowly on the clock Eunsun was beginning to lose faith in Junhong. People can't be helped if they don't want to be helped. But just as she was about to lose it and leave the familiar blonde waltzed in throught the door with a ring of the golden bell. His smile was more radiant than ever and he sat himself down across from Eunsun.

"Good morning." He said calmly as if he hadn't been two hours late.

"Because you seem to be in a good mood I will forget that you're two hours late."

"You're sweet." he smiled.

"i know." Eunsun said nonchalantly.

"And funny!" Junhong's laugh was obnoxious like he was begging for attention.

"Calm down." Eunsun looked at him like he was an alien.

"How about we get down to business."

"There is no business. This is just me simply taking you out for coffee so we can have conversation in private."

"So a date?" Junhong restated.

"What? No!" Eunsun defended herself, that is not what she had planned.

"It's alright Eunsun, I've had many noonas want to date me. I'm mature, handsome, charming, wonderful. I would go on but I don't want to talk about me." Junhong said cockily as if he was actually interested in Eunsun.

"You're also cocky, arrogant, and lazy." Eunsun was getting annoyed and she regreted askiung to meet him. He was a perfect gentleman in school but outside. He was a different story.

"I wouldn't go that far, I'm just very different with different people." Junhong explained.

"So you're two-faced."

"You're just bound and determined to tear me down aren't you?" Junhong asked, his eyes narrowing, he looked like he was actually starting to get angry.

"I-I'm sorry-" Eunsun apologized. 

Junhong laughed his obnoxious laugh again, "i'm just teasing you Eunsun." Eunsun was the one to get angry this time, and she wasn't teasing.

"Listen Junhong, the reason I brought you out here was because I want to talk about your grades, they've diminished from what I saw in your records from last year."

"So?" He asked trying to see her point to all this.

Two simple words left her lips that changed their whole future: "What happened?" 

"I think I should go." Junhong stood up.

"Junhong please," she grabbed his wrist and tried to keep him from leaving, "I know it may not seem lik it but I'm not like other teachers, I care, and I want to help you." 

"I don't need your help Eunsun." He said coldly and walked out. unsun jumped up leaving the money on the table and ran to chase after him. He was faster and he ran away. She followed, hoping to catch him and find out what had happened to him. 

She never caught him.

 

It had been a month since Junhong came to school. It wasn't until Eunsun got assigned classroom clean up that she finally saw him again.

 

The halls were dark, it was around ten pm and Eunsun was just finishing up cleaning the halls, the school was too poor to hire Janitors so the staff took turns cleaning for free as a way to support the school. She was walking down the west wing when she heard a sniffle, a small crash and cry of pain. She quickly went to investigate the noise and it led her to class 2-A. There she saw the horror. Something she never would have suspected. Junhong. Standing. A noose. Tied around his neck. Hanging. She screamed. She ran to put the chair under his legs but he was too limp to stand, she tried to hold his body up but he was too heavy. 119. That's what she needed, with tears masking her eyes she pulled out her cell phone and frantically dialed the number. It didn't work. No service. She screamed and cried as she tried to help Junhong, she tried and tried but everyting she did only seemed to make things worse, his eyes were open his face was red. He died 10:13 pm. Room 2-A. With the rope.

 

Hello I am Choi Junhong of class 2-A, I would like to thank all of Seungri that tried to help me but I am a soul that could not be saved. For that, I am truly sorry. I would especially like to thank my lovely teacher Eunsun for caring so much. To be completely honest I was infatuated with you and your attention was what I wanted. But of course that's not why I have done this. I knew I was never going to graduate this school so I thought, why not never leave. My spirit will always be with class 2-A and Seungri Academy. I love you all and study hard~

                                                                     Sincerely,

 

                                                                                        Choi Junhong