Yongguk: The One You Should Have Loved

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

The one in college, he was an interesting one. As you know I come from a prestige family. Well he didn't. He was like . . . the pauper. Yes, the pauper, and I was the princess.  And he was the one . . . That I should have loved . . .

 

 

Eunsun was a freshman in a prestigious music college when I saw him playing the piano beautifully in an abanded room. The way his fingers glided over the keys as if it was the easiest thing in the world; he looked magnificent.

 

Eunsun stared in awe as the rough looking angel in front of me played the music, his body swaying as he picked up the pace when all in a sudden motion, it stopped. He turned to look at Eunsun and asked in a deep monotone voice, "What do you want?"

 

"I-I'm sorry!" Eunsun apologized and quickly bowed, "It''s just, I heard music, and I came to see what it was." Eunsun replied with a shaky voice.

 

"Of course you heard music, this is a music college," the man said and began to pick up papers.

 

"You play beautifully," Eunsun commented.

 

"I know." He said and walked past her without a second glance.

 

"Hey!" Eunsun yelled at him as he turned his head and looked back at her, "What?"

 

"You're being rude!" She said sturnly, not use to people talking to her that way since she was the daughter of the school president.

 

"And you're being annoying," he said and continued to walk.

 

Eunsun stood in horror with agape as she watched the man walk away. "Are you kidding me?!" She yelled and stormed to her fathers office.

 

She knocked impatiently on the presidents door, "Come in." A soothing voice rang out. Eunsun slammed the door open and marched over to her fathers desk, she placed her hands on the desk and leaned in, "Father, there is a certain student who is rude, I want him gone." She ordered.

 

"Oh?" He looked up form his work, "And who is this student?" He asked.

 

"I don't know!" She sighed loudly and sat down in the black leather chair and folded her arms and pouted like an immature four year-old.

 

"Well there's not much I can do then sweetheart," he said with a sad smile, "But dad!"

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"He plays the piano, he has a really deep, monotone voice and he's kind of buff!" Eunsun tried very hard to describe the man she saw for only a few moments.

 

"Oh!" Her father perked up, "You mean Bang Yongguk."

 

"Yongguk?" Eunsun asked, "Is that his name?"

 

"Yes, he's a special student, he moved here from China to come to or school." Her father explained.

 

"Why would he move all the way here form China? That's such a waste." Eunsun said with a snotty voice as she scoffed.

 

"Hunny we have one of the best music schools in all of Asia." Her father smiled softly.

 

"So . . . You'll make him leave?" She asked hopeful.

 

"No."

 

"But daddy!"

 

"Why can't you just get along with him?" He asked.

 

"Because he's rude!" She yelled.

 

"I assure you, he's not that bad. How about this, in order for you to get to know him better I will make you is assistant." Her father proposed.

 

"No! Have you never seen T.V!? The girl always becomes a slave and then she falls in love with the guy!" Eunsun exclaimed as her father chuckled, "You're just going to be helping him with his practices, you don't need to be his slave."

 

"Ugh fine!" Eunsun groaned, "But if anything happens I'm blaming you!" She said before walking out.

 

 

Eunsun arrived at the school early the next morning, hoping to be the first to class. She wandered into the abandoned room and saw the boy playing the piano again, she unconsciously smiled as he played a beautiful ballad. She closed her eyes and leaned against the door before it fell open, causing her to fall to the ground with a loud bang!

 

Yongguk jumped up from his seat and turned and looked at the thing on the ground, "What are you doing here again?" He glared.

 

"I was just listening to you play." She answered and held her hand out for him to take it, he sighed and reluctantly grabbed her hand and pulled her up. He had warm hands that sent sparks through Eunsun's skin, she shook the feeling off and followed Yongguk to the piano bench. He sat down and she sat next to him. He looked at her weirdly before asking, "What are you still doing here?"

 

"My father told me that I was to be your assistant," she shrugged.

 

"Oh yeah? And who is your father to make me have an assistant?" He asked.

 

"The president of the school," she smiled smugly. Yongguk's eyes widened, "Oh," was the only thing he could say.

 

"Just turn the page for me," he ordered.

 

"W-what?!" Eunsun said as Yongguk began to play.

 

He nodded his head and instantly stopped playing, "Yah! Turn the page!" He yelled.

 

"You didn't tell me to!" She yelled back in shock.

 

"I nodded my head! That means turn the page!"

 

"Well how was I suppose to know, I'm not a genius!"

 

"A baby would have known to flip the page!" He yelled.

 

"Are you saying I'm dumber than a baby!?" Eunsun yelled and stood up, hanging open.

 

"Yes." He said calmly, Eunsun huffed, "Fine!"

 

"Fine!" He yelled as Eunsun sat back now.

 

 

They ignored each other for the rest of the day, he played and she turned the page. That was their relationship for months on end. Till one day Eunsun got the courage to ask Yongguk a question that had been bothering her.

 

"Yongguk, why do you play the piano?"

 

He was silent for a second before he answered, "It's quiet. It allows me to collect my thoughts. When I'm sad I'll play a sad song and my life will seem simple and not all that bad. I guess that's why I play." He explained, Eunsun smiled at him sweetly and he just looked at her, "What?" He asked.

 

"Nothing, I just didn't think you could have a sweet, vulnerable side." Yongguk chuckled, "Okay lets just get on with my practice," he smiled and she nodded.

 

 

Sirens wailed as the ambulance drove to the hospital carrying the dying man.

 

"Daddy!" Eunsun cried as they wheeled him into an operating room. Nurses held her back as she screamed, "That's my father!"

 

 

She was sitting looking blankly at the ground with her mother till the surgeon came out. Eunsun and her mother stood up quickly. He slowly pulled down his mask and shook his head.

 

Eunsun's mother held her hand to and started to cry.

 

Eunsun looked in horror and ran out of the hospital. She was going to go home but instead of going home she went to the school. To the music room. The abandoned one, with the old piano.

 

She sat down on the table and began to hit the keys ferociously bawling her eyes out, till she felt warm arms wrap around her, she instinctively gripped onto the body and cried into the shoulder. It was Yongguk. He held her close as she cried, "Daddy!" She wailed.

 

"Shhh," Yongguk said quietly and her hair.

 

After a few hours of Eunsun crying she settled down somewhat and now she was just staring at the piano.

 

"Do you want me to play you a song?" Yongguk asked.

 

All Eunsun could do was nod her head slowly. Yongguk pt his hands on the piano and started to play a beautiful song so elegantly.

 

Eunsun thought back to all the moments with her father and as the song picked up pace she began to be angry and her breath became uneven and she clutched her knuckles but thought of her fathers smile.

 

I love you Eunsun.

 

Her fathers voice rang threw her head and single tears fell from her eyes as the song came to a close .  . .

 

"What's that song called?" She asked.

 

"My Immortal." He answered quietly.

 

"It was beautiful." She said.

 

"Yeah, it's a beautiful piece."

 

Yongguk just looked at Eunsun, her beautiful skin was stained by her tears, he lifted his hand and brushed them away with his thumb, she looked at him sadly and he smiled before leaning in and kissing her lips ever so softly that it wasn't even a kiss but more of their lips brushing.

 

Yongguk pulled away, "I-I'm sorry . . ." He apologized.

 

"No, it's okay," Eunsun said.

 

"I love you Eunsun." Yongguk said seriously and not with his deep monotone voice, he sounded sincere, even a little sad.

 

"W-what?" Eunsun said and looked at him.

 

"I love you."

 

"Yongguk, I don't feel the same." She said honestly.

 

"How?! We've spent all this time together!" He asked.

 

"It's just . . ."

 

"It's just what?!"

 

"You're, just a popper." She said and his mouth fell open and he scoffed, "Just a popper? What does that make you? The Princess?"

 

"Yes." She said quietly and looked back down to the piano keys.

 

Yongguk sighed.

 

"Are you angry?" Eunsun asked, not daring to look up at him.

 

"I don't know." He said, got up and left the room without another word.

 

 

Two weeks had passed and Yongguk had yet to come back to school. It wasn't till Eunsun had overheard a few other students talking that she found out Yongguk had gone back to China. Never to come back to Korea.

 

I tried to find him, through the internet, I even saw that he had become a famous Piano player. I went one of his concerts but when he met me at the fansigning he just treated me like another fan.

 

 

He ignored me . . .

 

 

 

"Well that was a little childish of him!" Youngjae exclaimed as he threw himself back on the sofa. Eunsun chuckled, "It might have been, but it all worked out for the best." She smiled.