Prologue

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Youngjae was at his grandmother Eunsun's house in her attic, helping her clean out.

"Hey Grandma what's this?" Youngjae asked as he held a leather bound book up. His grandma simply smiled as she looked at the book.

"It's a book I wrote." She walked over with her cane and sat down on a couch in the dimly lit attic.

"What's it about?" Youngjae asked. His grandma smiled sweetly and patted the seat next to her, "Sit." She ordered -but not really an order at all, more like a suggestion. Youngjae sat down next to her and asked, "What's it about?"

"The five people you'll meet in Heaven," she said quietly and smiled at the book. She took the book from Youngjae.

"What does that mean?" Youngjae asked.

"It's not a complicated story; there was the the one I loved, the one I would have loved, the one I could have loved, the one I should have loved and the one I almost loved." Eunsun smiled at all the past memories.Eunsun looked at the confused Youngjae and just smiled. "How about I tell you the story?" She offered.

"I would love that grandma," Youngjae smiled as he leaned back on the couch and listened intently.

"Well it all started in high school, with the one I loved, Daehyun . . ."