JiJi’s Story ~Hidden Truth~

Rain and Umbrella [Drabbles Collection]

Jiyoung sat in front of her school alone while grumbled quitely. She was about to go home and rain started pouring down abruptly. She didn’t bring her umbrella, that’s the problem!

 

“ Why it has to be now from all the time?!! Can’t the rain wait until I get home?!” she muttered peevishly.

 

“ Of course, it can’t. Rain didn’t know who you are, Kang Jiyoung..” said a gentle voice which came from behind. Jiyoung turned her head right away and there she saw her beautiful classmate, Park Jiyeon.

 

“ Ah.. Did.. Did you hear that?” she stammered and her face reddened.

 

“ Ne. Your voice can be heard even from the hall way, Jiyoung-ah..” Jiyeon said, chuckled.

 

“ Eh? Jinjja? Was it that loud?” Jiyoung shocked at Jiyeon’s testimony. Jiyoung’s cute reaction made Jiyeon burst into laughter..

 

“ Hahahaha.. You’re so funny!! Of couse it was a joke, Jing!!” Jiyeon said as she laughed.

 

“ Jing? Since when we’re that close?” Jiyoung’s inner said. Only her besties called her with that nickname and all this time she never chitchat with Jiyeon outside the class. Not only that, they even rarely met. She didn’t feel annoyed with Jiyeon, she felt really happy that she could talk with Jiyeon because she loved the other secretly for quite a while. And, just today, a day when the rain was pouring, she had a chance to talk with the latter and could see the other’s laughter this close.

 

“ Where do you live?” Jiyeon asked, tried to start a conversation.

 

“ Near here. Close to Kim-ahjussi bakery. Do you know where is it?”

 

“ Ah! I love to buy bread there. But.. Why do I never meet you around there..?”

 

“ I’d rather spend more time in my home and also my friends often come to my house..” Jiyoung said.

 

“ Woaah.. If that so, I’ll come to your home next time,” Jiyon said.

 

“ Eh?”

 

“ Can’t I?” Jiyeon asked, looked dissapointed.

 

“ Of course you can come!!”

 

“ Jinjja? Gomawo..” Jiyeon smiled.

 

“ Jiyeon-ah.. Are you okay accompanying me here ‘till the rain stop?” Jiyoung asked in doubt.

 

“ Gwenchanayo! Me too, still can’t go home because of the rain..” Jiyeon replied with a smile.

 

The two of them spent their time by chatting and goofing around. For the first time of her life, Jiyoung could smile together with Jiyeon. Without they realized, the rain almost stopped. The only thing remain is the mists that still dripping from the sky..

 

“ Ah! The rain has stopped already..” Jiyoung said as she looked at the sky which become clearer.

 

“ Aaah.. You’re right.. See you then..” Jiyeon said as she smiled, but she’s standing still on her place.

 

“ Eh? Are you going home already?” Jiyoung questioned.

 

“ Isn’t that you, the one who was about to go home?” Jyeon asked the latter back.

 

“ Well.. Let’s go home together!” Jiyoung suggested.

 

“ Kkaja!”

 

The two young lady walked side by side as they joked around and laughed. And then they bid a farewell in the crossroad..

 

“ See ya, Jing. Be careful on your way home..” Jiyeon said.

 

“ Yup. See you tomorrow!” Jiyoung said while waving her hand, and then turned back.

 

Jiyeon still stared at Jiyoung’s figure ‘till the other completely vanished from her sight. She smiled slightly, then opened her bag and took something..

 

“ She didn’t know that I was accompanying her deliberately.. Haha.. I hope tomorrow will be a good day, too.. And we can get closer. When the time has come, I’ll express my true feeling for her..” Jiyeon muttered softly as she gazed at the blue umbrella in her grip.

 

***

 

another JiJi fic from me..

how was it?

please leave your comment~~
><

Tehee~~