Crush

One's Summer Love is Another's Summer Fling

tumblr_mnf1kpQwO11riaa86o1_400.giftumblr_mnf1kpQwO11riaa86o2_400.gif

Dude Sehun is so cute in this gif set.  He's like a little kid clinging onto his hyung when he laughs.  And there's kinda kaisoo also in the second gif cuz Jongin goes close to hyung.   

 

Sehun didn’t take the offer to stay in the house.  Actually, his parents still had no idea that he was working at all.  If they found out that he was going to Busan every other day, they’d probably ask him to quit right on the spot because having a summer job so far away wasn’t worth it.  But Sehun didn’t mind taking the long expensive train ride four times a week because he had a crush.  He felt like he was in high school or something.  Who even used the word crush anymore?

            Sehun was on his way to the pool, distracted by thoughts of Suho.  He wondered what Suho would be wearing today.  Sehun was actually pretty fond of seeing Suho wearing just a plain white shirt because whenever his shirt got wet…

            Sehun was so focused on imagining Suho getting wet in a white shirt that he didn’t notice Suho was in the pool swimming laps.  The older noticed him first and swam over to the ledge where Sehun was. 

            “Hey Sehun!”

            Sehun froze when he heard his voice and looked down to see Suho floating in the water beneath him.

            Suho was shirtless.  Lord save him now.

            “Uh….um…hi.”

            Suho laughed and pulled himself out of the pool and grabbed a towel that was lying on one of the lounge chairs, “You don’t have to be uncomfortable around me, you know.  Just treat me like a friend.”

            ‘How on Earth can I be comfortable with you when you’re friggin shirtless right now and I can’t stop staring at your abs?  Oh no.  Is he looking at me right now?  I have to look at his face so he won’t think I’m a ert,’ Sehun was talking to himself and immediately raised his head to look at Suho, who was smiling at him. 

            “You want to get in?” Suho pointed at the pool, “I have plenty of towels.” 

            “Um…nah.  I’m good,” Sehun was trying to move away from the pool.  Suho shrugged.  He threw the towel over his shoulder, “I’m going to get a drink.  You want anything?”

            Sehun shook his head and tried to move away as Suho walked in his direction to get to the door.  Except when he side-stepped he slipped. 

            “Waahhh!” Sehun grabbed Suho’s hand as he fell backward and into the water, bringing the older with him.

            Sehun could swim, he had no problem with that, but he was so surprised that when he broke the surface, he started coughing. 

             “Are you okay?”  Suho popped out of the water beside Sehun. He started wiping water away from Sehun’s eyes and moved his hair away from his face.  Sehun stopped coughing.  His eyes linked with Suho’s and the other smiled. 

            “You have nice eyes, Sehun.” 

           

Sehun had been working for two weeks as Suho’s “pool boy.”  Sehun soon realized that his job as pool boy wasn’t actually for being a pool boy; he was actually getting paid to keep Suho company.  On a typical day, Sehun would pull up in the taxi, head to the pool, stay there for an hour or so until Suho came, usually with food and they’d just talk. 

             But for the last week, Sehun didn’t go straight to the pool area after his arrival.  He found out during the end of last week that Suho worked outside on the lawns and gardens usually at the time when Sehun arrived.  So for the last four times, Sehun would spy on Suho as he did lawn work. 

            Maybe he was a creep.  Well Jongin called him a creep.  But of course Sehun would have to argue against that.  He was just admiring from afar and…making observations?  For some kind of experiment?  Sure. 

            Today Suho was pulling out some weeds from one of the gardens.  Sehun stayed by the bush he used as a cover.  It was a pretty big and bushy bush so he could hide comfortably while also spying, without being noticed.    

            He watched as Suho pulled out some weeds from the garden and wiped some sweat off of his forehead.  Suho then started whistling a melody as he plucked a flower and sniffed it.  He tucked it into his back pocket and continued plucking weeds.  Sehun wondered why Suho did any of this work.  He was pretty sure one of the staff here was the gardener.  However, Suho was different from all of those kids who were brought up in money.  He didn’t flaunt his money at all.  He was humble and hardworking.  He was perfect. 

            During his thinking, Sehun didn’t notice that Suho had taken up some pruning shares and was nearing his bush. 

            “Time for a trim,” Suho said as he neared the bush. 

            “Holy ,” Sehun muttered under his breath.  Oh dear God he was going to get caught.  And this was an awkward situation for him.  He had no excuse for why he was hiding in a bush in the garden.  It would be obvious that he was spying.  The only thing he needed now was a pair of binoculars and he’d be in the best worst situation. 

            Suho neared the bush and started t the bush.  Luckily Sehun was still hidden behind it.  Maybe if he slipped out….

            “You know it must get uncomfortable hiding behind a bush.”

            Sehun froze.  Was Suho talking to him, to an animal, or was he singing a random song?

            “Sehun, you know I can see you right.” 

            Sehun closed his eyes.  If he tries hard enough, he might be able to dissolve into the wall behind him.

            “I mean I’ve seen you hiding in this bush for your last four visits here.  It’s kind of funny actually.  But your bright orange shoes definitely give you away.”

            Sehun looked down at his shoes.  Betrayal.  Traitor.  He internally cursed Jongin again because it was his best friend who gave him these shoes for his birthday. 

            Sehun felt a hand wrap around his wrist and gently tug him out. 

            “Were you spying on me?” Suho raised an eyebrow when Sehun was in front of him. 

            Sehun thanked the gods that Suho was at least wearing a shirt today but it was a damn white tee.  And Suho looked really hot in white tees. 

            “No.  I was checking the side panels of the house for termites,” Sehun complimented himself for thinking of an excuse so quickly. 

            Suho laughed, “You’re cute.”  He handed the flower from his back pocket to Sehun.  Sehun took it and gave Suho a shy expression, “I’m sorry, Suho sshi.”

            Suho punched him in the arm and Sehun flinched because it actually hurt.

            “How many times did I tell you to call me hyung?”

            “Sorry hyung,” Sehun answered. 

            Suho smiled and grabbed his hand, “Stay for dinner today, Sehun.  Stay tonight.” 

 

            “Um you uh…you got something on your nose?” Sehun pointed at Suho’s nose as he entered the kitchen a few hours later to find the older. 

            “Is this that joke where you make me touch my nose or something?” Suho was bent over the table kneading some dough.  Sehun looked over the older’s shoulder.  Dear Lord, Suho was making a pizza.  Was there something this guy couldn’t do? 

            “No you really have flour on your nose,” Sehun pointed at it again when Suho looked up.  Suho tried to wipe it with his sleeve and obviously failed. 

            “No, you missed it.”

            “Well thanks for pointing that out,” Suho said sarcastically.  He suddenly smiled and walked over to Sehun who temporarily backed up, “Get it off for me.”

            Sehun held his breath.  Suho was inches away from him, staring into his eyes.  And he smelled really nice, like fresh mint.  And those eyes.  Those hazel eyes; he could stare into them all day. 

            “Sehun,” Suho said.  Sehun blinked and slowly moved his hand forward to wipe the elder’s nose.  And just as he was finished, he sneezed….all over Suho.

            “Sorry!” Sehun exclaimed when he realized what just happened.  Suho just laughed and went back to rolling the dough, “Don’t worry about it.” 

           

            “So can I ask you something?” Suho bent over the table to grab another slice of the gigantic pizza that he made earlier.  And of course the pizza was deliciously mouth savoring.

            “Yeah,” Sehun looked over at Suho.

            “Where are you from?”

            “Seoul,” Sehun gave him a confused look.

            “I thought you said that you were a foreigner.”

            Sehun looked confused, “Since when?”

            “When you called me that first time.  You said you didn’t want the job because Seoul was far from Busan, and you didn’t know because you were a foreigner.”  

            “I uh….I…,” now Sehun looked even more like an idiot in front of Suho.  Suho laughed, “That’s okay.  I didn’t even know Gyeongju was the next town over until my best friend told me when I was 16.”

            Sehun laughed.  Suho always knew the right things to say. 

            Suho suddenly got up and went over to a cabinet, “Hey, do you want to watch a movie?  I can make some popcorn.”

            “Actually I should probably be heading home.”

            Suho paused with his hand on the cabinet door, “You can always take one of the empty rooms here, Sehun.  It’s a long ride back home.”

            “I know.  It’s just that,” Sehun really wanted to stay.  But considering that his parents had no idea that he even went to Busan twice a week, it wouldn’t be a good idea to stay the night. 

            Suho chuckled, “I’ll call a taxi.”

 

            Sehun looked over at Suho as they slowly walked towards the taxi that was in the driveway. 

            He looked so…lonely. 

            “I’ll see you in two days,” Sehun said suddenly. 

            Suho opened the taxi door for Sehun after paying the taxi driver for the ride to the train terminal. 

            “I can’t wait,” Suho moved forward a little bit and his eyes were slightly closed.  Sehun was sure that Suho was going to kiss him.  But he realized that he just ate a lot of pizza.  And a lot of garlic and onions.  His first kiss with Suho, and the older would be disgusted.  Then he’d never try to kiss Sehun again.  Sehun couldn’t take that risk. 

            So just before Suho could give him a kiss, he turned his face; Suho’s lips landed on his cheek.  Sehun felt his face heating up. 

            “I…uh,” Suho backed up awkwardly. 

            “I…oh.  Well, thanks.  I’ll see you this weekend.” Sehun quickly went into the taxi.  Hopefully, Suho wouldn’t see his red face or smell the sweat that was probably forming puddles underneath him.