Lonely Boy

One's Summer Love is Another's Summer Fling

tumblr_mhfjahTuDm1ruxkneo1_250.giftumblr_mhfjahTuDm1ruxkneo3_r1_250.gif

            Suho opened his eyes and mumbled when he felt Sehun’s head move just under his chin.  Arms wound themselves tighter around his torso and he smiled happily.  Suho stared down at the younger guy.  He could see Sehun’s light eyelashes and his cute little pout when he slept.  He gently grazed Sehun’s face with his hand and laid a soft kiss on the younger’s forehead without trying to wake him up.  Suho smiled; he could stay here all day.    

            Suho never thought he’d start a relationship when he began this summer.  He’d spent his last few summers alone in this house, excluding the hired help.  I mean the hired help were nice people and they’d practically become his second family, but they were all much older than him.  His best friend, Baekhyun, who lived in Gyeongju. used to always come visit him during the summers, but ever since Baekhyun started going out with this tall Chinese guy named Tao five summers ago, it was hard for Baekhyun to dedicate all his time to Suho. 

            It was sad and hard at first.  Suho’s mom was never around.  His dad had never been in the picture.  Being alone in the house for one whole summer used to drive him crazy.  It made him feel like he was being isolated.  But he’d grown accustomed and used to the reclusive summers.  He would set a goal for himself each summer.  This summer you will learn how to cook.  This summer you will gain 7 pounds in muscle.  This summer you will learn first aid in case you want to be a doctor and so on. 

            It wasn’t like Suho couldn’t make new friends.  He was friendly and if he wanted to make friends he could do it easily.  But he never wanted to travel the 30 minutes away from his property to the nearest place of civilization. 

            It was strange when his mom first told him she was hiring a pool boy. They obviously didn’t need one, but his mom wasn’t oblivious to what was happening with Suho.  She knew her son was lonely.  And here was Sehun. 

            The whole situation seemed quite ridiculous.  Actually, Suho felt stupid that his mom was helping him make friends by hiring people to work at the Kim Residence.  It was like he was back in kindergarten and his mom was arranging a play date.    

           But when he first saw Sehun, Suho felt unexpectedly happy.  He immediately thought of a different summer.  He couldn’t help thinking that maybe this summer he wouldn’t be lonely.  He didn’t know if his fear of being alone sped his feelings for Sehun.  He knew from early on that Sehun had a crush on him; he caught the lingering stares of the boy.  And it was pretty obvious; each time he smiled or accidentally touched Sehun, the younger would turn a violent red. 

            Suho sometimes felt like he was taking advantage of Sehun’s feelings for him.  It was cruel to use this boy’s feelings for the sake of having some company for the summer.  But when Sehun said he was going to quit, it made Suho realize that he didn’t want Sehun to leave.  Not because he was afraid of being lonely, but because he didn’t want Sehun to go. 

            Suho had plenty of girlfriends in the past.  He had plenty of boyfriends too.  Sehun seemed a bit different from all of his past relationships.  He was cute and adorable.  Sehun always seemed flustered around Suho and was always making adorable clumsy mistakes.  Everything the younger did just made Suho adore him even more.

            Suho lifted the blankets off of himself and Sehun immediately whined in his sleep when Suho got off the bed.  Sehun rolled over to his hyung’s side of the bed and wrapped the blankets around himself to form a tight cocoon, to replace Suho’s missing warmth.  Suho pulled on his boxers and went over to the foot of the bed to inspect Sehun’s foot.  No blood seeped through the bandage but he’d need to change the bandage when the younger woke up.  He quickly left the room to make breakfast before Sehun woke up. 

 

            When Suho entered the room 45 minutes later, Sehun was still wrapped in the blankets.  Suho put the tray of food by the side table and sat down on the bed.  He tried to uncover the blankets because Sehun was completely hidden underneath it, but he felt a strong tug when he tried to pull them away from Sehun’s face. 

            Suddenly, Sehun threw them away from his face and pulled Suho down to him, quickly pecking him before proceeding to butterfly kiss Suho’s face and neck.  

            Suho chuckled as he got onto the bed on top of Sehun.  He put his head on the crook of Sehun’s neck, inhaling the younger’s scent as Sehun bit his neck, probably trying to mark him or something. 

            “You have to eat,” Suho kissed Sehun’s neck and pulled away.  He pulled Sehun up to a sitting position.

            “And we need to change your bandages.”

            “,” Sehun suddenly exclaimed.

          “What?” Suho got up immediately and raced to the foot of the bed and looked at Sehun’s foot, “Does it hurt? Maybe I should call a doctor,” Suho was already reaching for the phone when Sehun fell back onto the bed with his hands covering his face, “My parents are going to kill me.”

            “I’m sure they won’t when they find out you injured your foot,” Suho reassured.  He sat back down on the bed and handed Sehun the tray of food. 

            “What is this?” Sehun eyed the foreign looking food, expecting to see kimchi, rice and some kind of soup. 

            Suho chuckled as he held out a fork in front of Sehun’s mouth, “Ever tried an English breakfast?  This is what I eat back in England.”  Suho pointed at the foods on the plate, “Bacon, sausage, black pudding, baked beans, fried tomato and mushrooms, eggs and fried toast.” Suho straightened up with a proud smile on his face, “And some tea.”

            Sehun smiled, “You’re really perfect.”

            Suho shook his head, “No I’m not.”

 

            “I think I need to go home today,” Sehun muttered as he stared at the TV screen.  They were currently watching a movie on Suho’s gigantic TV screen.  Suho was drawing patterns on Sehun’s back.  They were still in bed, Suho only wearing boxers and Sehun still . 

            “You can’t.  Your foot isn’t fully recovered yet.”

            “My phone is dead.  My parents must be freaking out right now.”

            “You can always use my phone,” Suho offered but Sehun shook his head.  If they saw a random number show up, they would track the address down and find out he was in Busan because of the different area codes.    

            “Just stay one more night and you can leave tomorrow,” Suho grabbed Sehun lightly by the shoulders and pulled him towards him.  Once Sehun’s back was against his chest, he wrapped his hands securely around Sehun. 

            He started to play with Sehun’s hair before smothering the top of the head with butterfly kisses.    

            “You always seem lonely, hyung.”

            Suho froze when he heard Sehun say this.  Because of course it was true. 

            “I’m not anymore,” Suho kissed the top of Sehun’s head.  The younger turned around and wrapped his arms around Suho’s waist. 

            “I’m glad, hyung.”  He moved forward to kiss him. 

 

            “Are you sure you’re okay to walk?” Suho asked.  He was holding onto Sehun’s hands as he got up from the couch.  Suho had been carrying Sehun around everywhere.  Even though Sehun told him not to, Suho couldn’t help but feel protective over Sehun.  He didn’t want the boy to go through unnecessary trouble when he could just as easily help him from place to place.

            “I’m fine, hyung.  You’ve fixed me.”

           “I didn’t fix you.  You still have bandages on your foot,” Suho looked concernedly as Sehun started walking, favoring his uninjured leg. 

            “I need to go home before my parents send the police.  I don’t want you to get arrested for kidnap or anything.”

            Suho smiled.  He was happy that Sehun had parents that worried about him.  From what he’d heard from the younger, Sehun’s parents still babied Sehun.  They were over protective and needed to know where he was at all times.  If Sehun was short on money, they would give him money without a second thought.  They were always there for school events and at Sehun’s dance competitions.  They supported their little Sehun no matter what. 

            They were the complete opposite of Suho’s mom.  She cared about Suho without a doubt.  When Suho was younger she tried to go to all of his piano and violin concerts.  But Suho knew how busy it was being a major CEO of an international company.  Sometimes a person had to make a choice when it came to family and work.  His mom needed to support their living style and in order to do that, she had to choose work.  It was hard for Suho at first, when he saw how his friends’ parents were always there at school events, but he was used to it now. 

            Maybe that’s why he didn’t get why Sehun was so worried. 

            “Are you still going to try to come on Wednesday?” Suho opened the door for Sehun who was putting on his backpack.  The taxi was already waiting outside. 

            “Duh,” Sehun gave Suho a peck on the lips. 

            “Make sure to change your bandages tonight.  And put some of that disinfectant cream on the cut so it can heal faster.”

            “I will,” Sehun wobbled out of the door and towards the taxi.

            “Call me when you get home,” Suho moved his face forward when Sehun reached the taxi.  Sehun moved forward and they shared a nice kiss before Sehun got into the taxi and it drove off. 

            Suho sighed.  It felt weird.  Having Sehun around for the last two days made the loneliness disappear.  Or rather it made him realize what it was like to have someone there for you, someone who cared about you. 

            Before, when Sehun was working as his pool boy, Suho was still by himself whenever Sehun left in the afternoon.  But when Sehun was there beside him every single minute for the last two days, it made him realize what he’d been missing.

            Now that he had the whole house to himself again, the loneliness amplified 10 times.  He walked into his house and locked the door behind him.  Now he had to do something with his time for the next three hours until he got Sehun’s call.  

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Teaser for next chapter: 

            There was silence on the other end, “It doesn’t matter anymore, hyung. I can’t go to Busan anymore.  My parents say it’s too far away and I can find another job here.”

            “Wait so what does that mean?”

            “I don’t know.”