Body Painting

One's Summer Love is Another's Summer Fling

            “So have you guys talked about what will happen when the summer’s over?” Jongin asked as he poured more coffee into Sehun’s cup. 

            “Um…no.  Not really.”

            “He’s moving back to England isn’t he?  Are you going to continue dating if you’re countries apart?” Jongin looked dubious. 

            “Well we still have a few months left so…”

            “You’re just trying to push it off.  The summer will end and you guys need to decide what will happen.  Do you want to keep seeing him?”

            “I don’t know,” Sehun looked down at his coffee.  The truth was he didn’t know.  He liked Suho but he was trying to push the idea of a serious relationship out of his mind…at least until the end of summer.  He still didn’t know what Suho thought of their romance together.  He’d taken a big step with Suho that was for sure.

            He knew the older really cared about him.  He wouldn’t have come all the way to his house to convince his parents to let him work in Busan if he didn’t care or miss Sehun.  But they’d never mentioned any plans pass the summer so Sehun tried not to think about it.  If he did try to think about the future though, Suho would be there with him when the summer ended. 

            The door to the café chimed and they both looked up.  Jongin gave a nod to the customer and eyed Sehun, “Well Romeo is here.”

            Suho chuckled as he sat down beside Sehun on the counter, “Definitely not Romeo.”

            “So where are you whisking him off to today?” Jongin pushed a cup of iced tea to Suho. 

            “Just thought we’d drive around.  How does that sound?” Suho turned to Sehun.  He moved forward to peck Sehun on the lips before pulling away.

            “Oh please stop,” Jongin put his head on the counter.

            “You’re just jealous because Kyungsoo isn’t here,” Sehun laughed.

            “It’s because he just decided to randomly take some cooking lessons.” 

            “You know,” Suho turned to Jongin, “I can always teach him how to cook.  I’m pretty good at it.”

            Jongin pointed an accusing finger at him, “No!  You and your perfectness must stay away from my precious Kyungsoo!”

            Suho laughed as he raised his hands in the air, “I’m far from perfect but I hear the warning.”

 

            “Whoa,” Sehun was looking up at a large wall with a drawn to life-size view of the ocean.  It was a familiar sight, since he would go to the beach with Suho all the time and see the exact same thing.

            “You drew this?”

            “Yeah.  Took up painting for one summer.” 

            They were in an empty studio on the outskirts of Busan.  Sehun was in awe; his boyfriend was really perfect.  Any argument against that fact was invalid. 

            Suho took out his paints from a closet and handed Sehun a brush, “You want to paint?”

            Honestly Sehun wasn’t artistic nor did he really want to paint either but with Suho holding out a paint brush with a wide smile on his face, how could Sehun refuse. 

            Sehun felt embarrassed as he wrote little stick fingers on the blank canvas that Suho had thrown onto the walls.  He looked over at Suho whose eyebrows were knit in concentration as he tried to draw the Eiffel Tower.  And of course the picture was already amazing, even though some details were lacking. 

            “Hey,” Sehun yelled over at Suho.

            Suho just grunted in answer as he colored in something.  He exclaimed when he felt something wet go down the back of his shirt and turned around to see Sehun holding out his brush in front of him with a smile on his face.

            “What are you doing?” Suho asked, but he clearly knew. 

            “Painting is boring,” Sehun answered.  He threw down his brush but exclaimed when Suho splattered black paint all over him with his brush. 

            “Hyung,” Sehun whined. 

            “Do you prefer body paint then?”

            Sehun turned around and was quickly pushed into the wall right under the picture of the Eiffel Tower.  Suho quickly kissed him and Sehun roughly kissed back.  He felt Suho’s hands dip somewhere and he exclaimed when he felt Suho put his hands under his shirt.  His shirt was lifted over him. Suho’s hands were covered in paint and quickly painted his body. 

           

            “Haha this picture turned out better than I thought,” Suho was looking at the picture of the Eiffel Tower on the wall.  Sehun s his arms around Suho’s waist from behind leaving orange hand prints on Suho’s front. 

            The Eiffel Tower on the wall had two dark blobs on the base of it (the bodies of Suho and Sehun).  It was romantic in a way.  Because the blobs kind of looked like two people kissing. 

            “Looks like we’ve been to the Eiffel Tower,” Sehun remarked.  He let Suho go and put his hand on the side of the painting.  He shrugged at Suho, “You should sign it too.” He grabbed Suho’s hand and held it flat against the wall next to his. 

 

            The summer was almost ending.  They had a month left and the unanswered question was still left in between them.  What would happen when the summer ended and Suho had to go back to England?  What would Sehun do?  In reality it wouldn’t be hard to do an exchange somewhere in England.  His school did have a partner program in England which was only an hour away from Oxford.  His parents even encouraged it when he mentioned it one day.  Not only did they love that their son was dating Suho but they thought Sehun could improve his English speaking skills. 

            But Sehun still didn’t know what Suho thought of everything.  In fact they hadn’t even said ‘I love you’ to each other.  At least not since Sehun said it to Suho in that driveway a long time ago. Suho didn’t seem like he was going to say those words anytime soon either. 

           

            “What do you want for your birthday?” Sehun threw some sand onto Suho’s legs, trying to bury him under the sand. 

            “Nothing really,” Suho grabbed Sehun and pulled him down with him, “Maybe more time with you?” He laughed as he hit his own head, “That sounded not so cheesy in my mind.”

            “I can’t buy time,” Sehun said silently, “So I can’t get you that.  Think again.”

            “I don’t need anything, Sehun.  You better not even try.  I don’t want you wasting any money on me.”

            “Because you have everything right?” Sehun grinned as he hovered on top of Suho.

            “I don’t have everything,” Suho lifted his head and put his hand at the back of Sehun’s head pushing him closer. 

           

            “Happy Birthday, Suho!” Baekhyun held out a cake in front of Suho.  It was his birthday and he’d decided to split half his day.  Sehun said he didn’t mind. 

            So Suho was currently with Baekhyun and Tao and later that night he would go back home and Sehun would visit him. 

            “So it’s pretty serious between you and Sehun isn’t it?” Baekhyun asked as he held out a fork of cake for Tao to eat. 

            “I guess,” Suho lay back in his chair, “I just don’t know what will happen when the summer ends.”

            Tao and Baekhyun eyed each other knowingly. 

            Suho looked quizzically from one to the other, “What?”

            “Nothing.  I guess summer romances are hard to give up,” Tao answered. 

            “If you will give it up that is,” Baekhyun eyed Suho, “You could always try long distance when you go back to England.”

            Suho eyed Baekyun disbelievingly, “It’s going to be hard to keep up a long distance relationship.  I won’t be back until next summer and things would probably change.  Once the summer ends, this relationship has to end.”

            “You’re not doing this because you’re afraid to commit are you?” Baekhyun eyed Suho knowingly, “You’re not doing this because you’re afraid he might leave you?  That you will be alone in the end?”

            “So you want to end it before anyone can get hurt?” Tao finished for his boyfriend.

            “No.  It’s just too complicated if we even try.  I don’t even know what we have now.  I mean it’s nice, but I think that’s because we see each other every day.  It’ll be different when I’m back in England.” 

            “So he’s your summer fling,” Tao remarked.  

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next Update: 8/16

Teaser for next chapter: 

            “Are we going to break up?”

            Suho was silent, “Look Sehun.  It won’t work when I go back to England.  Us.”

            Sehun nodded.  Deep down, he knew that this was inevitable.  He’d been seeing the signs.  Suho’s touches wouldn’t linger anymore and he’d pull away faster than he’d done earlier in the summer. 

            “Then let’s end it now,” Sehun grabbed his coat from the couch. 

            “You were planning on doing it anyway.  So let’s just end it.  You only have three days here anyway,” Sehun looked at Suho who was looking at the ground. 

            He turned around slowly as he walked towards the door.  He wanted Suho to stop him.  He wanted to try.  He wanted more than a summer love.  But obviously he was just a summer fling for Suho. 

            “Are you going to stop me?” Sehun asked softly before he opened the door. 

            “Goodbye, Sehun.” 

            Sehun slowly walked out the door.