The Beginnings of a Summer Love

One's Summer Love is Another's Summer Fling

tumblr_mg4qmxyQmX1r9opzdo1_250.giftumblr_mg4qmxyQmX1r9opzdo2_250.gif

tumblr_mg4qmxyQmX1r9opzdo3_250.giftumblr_mg4qmxyQmX1r9opzdo4_250.gif

The next time Sehun went to Suho’s, he made sure to take extra precautions.  He was dressed in good clothes.  He had pocket mints in his jean pocket.  He was ready for any advance that Suho would make. 

            As he got off of the taxi, he went straight to the lawn to look for Suho. 

            He could hear Suho laughing and when he reached the lawn he ducked cover into that godforsaken bush again. 

            “Baek,” Suho exclaimed as he tackled a dark purplish haired guy from behind, who was carrying a football.  The guy was about the same height as Suho and was trying to get away from the older. 

            “We’re not playing a game here! Just catch!” Suho threw Baekhyun to the ground and straddled him. 

            “That’s no fun!” Baekhyun grabbed Suho’s legs which were straddling him and pushed him over so they were rolling around on the grass.  They were both laughing as they continued rolling around on the lawn.

            What the hell? 

            Who was this guy?

            Did Sehun miss his chance when he didn’t kiss Suho back?  It looked like it could be.  Sehun didn’t want to stay any longer but at the same time he couldn’t help watching.  Suho was actually smiling and laughing.  He looked so happy. 

Why can’t he laugh like that when he’s with me?  Without thinking, Sehun walked back to the driveway.  He was jealous, he was angry and disappointed.  He was sad and maybe even a bit heartbroken.  Sehun didn’t really need to be here.  The pool was clean and Suho had a friend.  So really what was the use in staying?

Sehun decided to go home.  He forgot however, that you needed to call a taxi if you wanted to leave, so he was basically stuck there for a while until the taxi came. 

            He was there for a good 10 minutes hoping to whatever God there was, that the taxi would come before Suho would find him because he didn’t know how he would react if he saw Suho.  Somewhere along the way of getting to know Suho, his crush had developed into love. 

He would have to quit.  He would have to leave and never come back.  Thinking of finding a summer love was stupid.  Summer love didn’t exist.  Love was always one-sided.  Maybe Suho had liked him, but the older obviously moved on already.    

            He was sitting on the stairs, kicking angrily at a rock when he heard his name being called, “Sehun?”

            He turned around to see a shirtless Suho using his own shirt to wipe at the back of his neck. 

            “I didn’t know you were here already,” Suho smiled his angelic smile and Sehun had to turn away because after today he wouldn’t be able to see it again, “Why are you sitting here?”

            Suho sat down beside him, “Are you okay, Sehun?”

            Sehun just shook his head. 

            They heard the gates creak open and then a taxi made its way towards them.  Sehun quickly stood up and made his way towards it. 

            Suho got up in alarm, “Are you leaving?  Wait.  Sehun!” Suho quickly ran after Sehun to grab his arm, “Hey.  Are you okay? Why aren’t you talking?  Sehun?”  Suho grabbed the side of Sehun’s face to turn it towards him, “Are you crying?”  Suho suddenly started inspecting Sehun’s body in alarm, “Are you hurt anywhere?” 

            “I…I just need to go,” Sehun said silently.  He grabbed at the taxi door but Suho slammed it.

            “Where are you going?  First you need to tell me why you’re acting like this.”

            “Because I don’t want to work for you anymore.”

            Suho’s eyes widened in hurt and surprise and his hand on Sehun’s wrist weakened.  Sehun internally yelled at himself for making Suho look like that.  Suho might never love him back, but he was a good person, a good friend.  He didn’t deserve to be treated that way.  It was just another reason why Sehun needed to leave. 

            “Did I do something wrong?” Suho looked completely lost, “Look Sehun,” Suho gripped his hand again, “If it was about last time…I promise I won’t do something like that again.  You don’t have to leave because of that.  We’re still friends right?”

            Sehun shook his head, “I like you, hyung.”

            “Then why are you quitting?  Friends don’t leave friends like this,” Suho was pulling Sehun away from the taxi and towards the house.  He was surprised when Sehun hugged him, “I love you.”

            Suho stopped and tried to pull Sehun away from him, but the younger was clinging to Suho.  Sehun was red again.  He was embarrassed, he was crying, he was sweating because of the heat.  When Suho succeeded in pulling the younger away from him, Sehun didn’t have time to look at Suho before he felt Suho’s lips on his. 

 

            Sehun never thought he’d have a summer love when summer break began.  The only things in his mind at the time were getting a job and spending as much time as he could with his friends. Yeah maybe love was in the back of his mind but it didn’t really take up a large part of it.  At least not until Jongin got his job at the café and began talking about soul mates and stuff like that. 

            When he applied for the pool boy position he never thought he’d keep the job longer than the first week.  He didn’t think that one month later he’d be making the long and expensive train ride every day to Busan.  But that was before Suho kissed him and before he got a boyfriend.  Before he fell into a summer love. 

            Sehun was currently flat on his stomach lying on a beach blanket. He and Suho were on the beach, which was conveniently located only a short walk from Suho’s house.  It was basically Suho’s privately owned beach.  Suho was sitting under a beach umbrella reading a book, his free hand grazing Sehun’s back up and down as the other tried to take a short nap. 

            “What are you reading?” Sehun suddenly turned around.  Suho looked at him over his book and began rubbing Sehun’s belly making the younger laugh involuntarily.

            “I already have reading assignments for next semester so I’m trying to get all of it done.”

            “But you have a lot of time before school begins,” Sehun whined as he tried to make Suho put down the book. 

            Suho looked at him and then put the book down.  He took Sehun’s hand in his and intertwined their fingers. 

            “But it’s going to be a tough semester, so I need to get ahead,” Suho let go and picked up his book again.

            “Oh,” Sehun turned back around and put his chin on his hands, “You mean at Oxford?”  Suho was a graduate student at Oxford University in England, meaning once the summer ended he’d be flying miles away to another country. 

            It kind of scared Sehun.  He didn’t know what he was to the older.  He didn’t know if once the summer ended, Suho would pack his bags and just leave, forgetting all about him. 

            “Yeah,” Suho said simply as he flipped the page.  His hand moved to Sehun’s hair and started it. 

            “Um…I’m just going to,” Sehun stood up.  He felt like he needed to get away for a moment. 

            Suho didn’t look up from his book as he pointed in a random direction, “The bathrooms are that way.”

            Sehun chuckled as he started walking in the direction Suho pointed along the beach. 

            He didn’t walk far when he felt something stab painfully at his foot and looked down to see red blood falling onto the sand. He tried to walk just a bit to see what he’d stepped on but the pain was too much, he wound up falling down.  He wanted to scream out, but he tried to remain calm.  He looked at his foot and saw a large shard of glass lodged deeply into the bottom of his right foot. 

            Usually Sehun isn’t a dumb guy.  He got into college on okay grades and maybe he wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, but something in him told him to take out the large thing in his foot that was causing him pain. Of course this is a logical thing to do and think.  But he shouldn’t have done this because when he did, a whole lot of blood poured out of his foot where the glass had been blocking the opening.  He screamed in pain as he held his foot to him. 

            “Sehun!” Suho was running up to him and dropped before him on the sand, “Oh my god, Sehun.”  Without a word, Suho picked Sehun up and started heading to the house. 

 

            “Another thing to add to you being perfect,” Sehun muttered as Suho stood at the foot of his couch bandaging his foot.  Suho had put disinfectant spray on the cut, cleaned the wound, and bandaged the foot.  Sehun wouldn’t be able to walk for a while, but he didn’t feel that much pain anymore. 

            “You should’ve been more careful,” Suho moved a hair away from Sehun’s face and smiled at him.  Sehun moved forward to peck Suho on the lips, “I don’t need to be because you’re always going to take care of me.”

            Suho laughed, “Not always, Sehun.”

            Sehun froze for a moment but then forced himself to relax. 

            “It’s pretty late,” Suho got up from the floor and headed to the kitchen, “What do you want to eat?”

            Sehun’s mouth dropped as he looked over to the clock on the far side of the wall; it was almost 8PM.  He would have to leave now if he wanted to make curfew on time.  Holy , his parents were going to kill him. 

            Sehun tried to get up from the couch but it was as if Suho knew his intentions because he sprinted into the living room and roughly pushed him back onto the couch.

            “What the hell do you think you’re doing? You just stepped on glass.  You cannot walk right now!”

            “You don’t understand; I need to go home.  I’ll be late.”

            “Hey, you’re not leaving.  You can’t even walk.  How can you expect to go home?”

            “My parents are going to kill me,” Sehun started to get up again.

            “That’s if you’re not dead when you walk through the door,” Suho once again pushed him back into the couch, this time sinking onto it as well, on top of Sehun.

            Sehun gulped. 

            “Stay with me tonight, Sehun,” Suho moved forward and kissed Sehun’s lips. 

            Sehun couldn’t help returning it; Suho’s lips were delicious and so inviting.  He quickly forgot how much his parents would kill him.  Maybe he should call them.  But the idea quickly left his mind when Suho picked him up off of the couch.  Damn Suho was one strong guy. 

            “What are you doing?” Sehun asked when Suho detached their lips.  He wanted to pull Suho back in but Suho opened his mouth to speak, “It’s nicer in my bedroom.” 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:  

So Suho goes to Oxford Uni - can you imagine Suho with an English accent??? OMG i would faint hearing it.  But apparently this Suho can speak English quite well *dreamy*    

So far this has been told mainly from Sehun's POV but next chappie will be Suho's!!!!