Chapter 2

A Model Life

After your visit to your dad with Siwon, you went home, showered, got ready for school, and had something to eat. You where studying fashion and business, you didn’t mind studying fashion, but your brother made you study business.

“Okay, today we are starting the project.” Your art/design teacher said. The project was to design an outfit for a man, and an outfit for a woman, and make it, within three days. “Starting… NOW!”

You ran across the room for some paper to sketch on. Luckily, you had your own colored pencils. You decided to make a smocking tank top, two piece denim chiffon vest, embroidered flayed shorts, and a pink leopard-print scarf for the female outfit. For the male outfit, you decided to do a short-sleeve skull-print T-shirt, patterned baggy cropped pants, and a loose-fit linen vest.

*              *              *              *

“Can you turn a bit?” The director asked. You were modeling an outfit made up of vintage flower skinny jeans, two-tone lace-hem top, crystal bullet necklace, pearl and ethnic sliver bracelet, and a pair of pearl glitter open-toe pump. Your hair was in a Dutch flower braid.  You turned.

That was the last shoot of the day. After that, it was time for you to sleep, eat, and call Donghae, your boyfriend.

“Miwon-ah!” he picked up.

“Oppa! Are you busy?”

“No, want to meet up?”

“Sure! Where?”

“My place?”

“Okay! I’ll be there soon!”  You ran to your room, to change. You picked out an outfit that was made up of a military star stripe tee, dark blue skinny jeans, distressed denim cap, and a pair of buckled tall boots. You ran out the door and headed towards Donghae’s. He lived by the Jongno Tower, you didn’t live far from there also. You ran to his apartment and knocked on his door. Siwon answered.

“Miwon-ah! What are you doing here?” He asked you.

“Why are you here?” You asked him.

“Well, you know me, business.” He sighed. “Well,” He opened the door more for you.

“Oppa.” You looked at him sternly.

He scrunched up his face. “Dongsaeng, don’t give me that look. Or you can forget working.”

“Oppa~” You complained with aegyo.  

“Don’t use aegyo on me. It won’t work on me.” He walked, hitting your shoulder. You scoffed at him. Suddenly, a hand was holding your hand. You turned and smiled at Donghae.

“Miwon,” There was a pause. “We should break up.” Donghae said. Your jaw dropped, while your heart shattered.

“Oppa.” You looked up at him.

“Mihanhae. It’s just no working out.”

“You called me over here to tell me that? Why didn’t you say it on the phone?” Tears were pouring down. 

“I’m not feeling well. You should leave.” He closed the door in front of your face. You ran back home, sobbing. You immediately went for the phone. You called your ex-boyfriend, Kangin.

“Yeoboseyo?” Kangin answered.

“Kangin?” You asked.

“Nae. Nugusaeyo?”

“Miwon. Remember? I’m your ex-girlfriend?”

“Miwon, it’s been a long time. Why are you calling?”

“I just broke up with my namjachingu. Would you like to go on a date?”

“When?”

“Is Thursday good for you?”

“Sorry, I’m busy for the next two weeks.”

“It’s okay.”

“I got to go. Talk to you soon.” He hung up. You tried your friends’ cousin, Ryeowook, you’ve meet him before. You called your friend for his number. After you hung up, you dialed the number.

“Hello?” Ryeowook answered in English.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Who are you?” He asked English.

“Are you Ryeowook?” You asked in English.

“Yes. I am.”

“I am Choi Miwon. I am friend with Kim Kibum. You want date with me?”  You asked in English.

“Are crazy? I’m in America. Also, I don’t date people Kibum knows.” He hung up. What did he say? I need to practice English. A lot. You thought.