Chapter 1

A Model Life

20 years earlier

“Appa, where are you going?” You asked your dad. Turned and smiled at you.

“I’m going to work.” He responded.

“Why go see babo’s, when you have geniuses here?” You asked him.

“Miwon-ah, I’ll bring you some super pretty clothes, okay?”

“Okay. Yagsoghae.” You help out your pinky finger. He smiled and curled his pinky around yours.

“Yagsog.” He smiled looking at his watch. “I got to go. Anyong!” He waved at you. You waved back.

*              *              *              *

“Appa!” You squealed hugging him.

“Miwon-ah. Ready to see your pretty clothes?” He asked you. You nodded. He pulled out a bag with clothes in it.

“Did you get me any clothes, Appa?” Siwon asked your dad.

“Of course. Here Miwon.” Your dad gave you an outfit to try on. “Here Siwon.” Your dad gave Siwon an outfit to try on also. You ran to your room with glee. You had a polka dot lace trimmed shirt, washed denim shorts, lace slip-ons, and a sequined hair band. You put the outfit on with care. When you where done, you ran out your room and hugged your dad.

“Appa! I love it! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” You jumped up and down. Siwon came out of his room wearing washed jeans, gingham shirt, stud trimmed slip-ons, and a zip necklace. “Oppa! Is that really you?” You said in awe.

“Nae. Don’t I look awesome?” Siwon stuck out his hip, which made you giggle.

“Of course, oppa!” You laughed.

 

PRESENT DAY

“Good job.” You bowed to everybody.

“Miwon-ah!” A voice called. You spun around to see Sungmin.

“Oppa! How did the shoot go?” You asked hugging him.

“Good. How did your shoot go?” He asked wrapping his arms around you.

“Good. You want –” You started.

“Miwon?” Siwon asked tapping his foot behind you. You quickly let go of Sungmin and faced him.

“W- What?” You stuttered.

“Let’s go visit dad.” He turned around and walked away. That boy! You thought angrily. “I’m waiting! You know I’m a very busy!” Siwon said impatient.

“I have to change!”

“Hurry!” He yelled as you walked to the changing room.

You were modeling an embroidered sleeveless a-line dress, rhinestone front flats, and a genuine leather hand flap bag. You looked stunning. You took off all the clothes and put on your yellow and green striped top, skinny jeans, and your leopard print flip-flops. You ran out to go see your dad with Siwon.

“Ready?” He asked. You nodded and smiled. “Let’s go.”