Last chapter

LOVERS... Or Enemy?

A/n: Sad to say everyone, this story has come to its end. After you have read this chap, tell me if this story still lack something; then I'll try to make it clear for you. Feel free to share your thoughts. Thank you!^^

 

***

(Your P0V):

After 8 years~

"Joo ____ ____, Bachelor of Masteral Degree in Political Science." the Mc announced.

My mother and I came up to stage to received my diploma. Mom can't clearly hid how happy and proud she was, when tears of joy surrounded her whole countenance.

After the ceremony, "daebakkk, bessie! Chukahae!" Chaeri came together with Henry, *ehem* they were dating without my knowledge after high school.

"Yeah, thanks Mrs. Lau.." I , and she just pouted with a mix of pinky cheeks shown in her face.

"Ehem.. Anyway, we came up here just to give you this!" Henry handed it to me not having an eye contact with me. Err. Is he blushing as well?

My eyes got totally big, "a wedding invitation?" and they nodded shyly at the same time. I got really surprised, knowing that they'll be going to marry faster than I. (~.~) Yeah, right. They make me envious.

"Unless there's playing a baby Chaeri or baby Mochi around here, that's why you're tying the knot that fast ha?" I pulled my hand over Chaeri's tummy, and playfully it.

"Ya! We haven't 'did' that what you think yet! We're on the right age to marry already, it was just you who was not thinking about that! Oh well, yeobo... can you please hand her Mr. Congressman's invitation for her." and this time, it was her turn to tease me. Whenever she teases me, it was more of a trouble!

Henry handed it to me, as they looked at each other giggling like a crazy kid. "What's funny?" I eyed the both of them.

"Just go on and read it once we're gone.. So long, ____-ah. See you soon! Don't forget to update us about your wedding preparations too, ok bessie?" she teasingly winked at me, that makes my head boiled in annoyance.

"W-WHAT?? WEDDING PREPARATIONS?? What the .... are they talking about?" I thought loudly, but mom heard me.

"What's the problem, my dear?" she tap me lightly, that makes me finally calm.

"N-nothing mom.. I-I.. aish.. that couple really!" mom just chuckled, and proceeds where her friends was.

***

A year before my Masteral graduation, I won as a Congresswoman of our province without a sweat. My father was well-known in our province not just a Senator, but an ordinary citizen farmer when he was on his young age. He almost worked in the big factory and farm around the province that's why it was not hard for me to enter politics, because of my appa's good and clean record.

What happened for the past 8 years, Kyuhyun's dad lose in that election, because of their unclose case with my father, that's why its terribly hard for him to earn the People's trust again. The case continues. Another inception of investigation did came up; in the end, Former President Cho cleared his name, that he was not part of the plan to kill my dad. He admitted that he, once hated my dad, but taking his former friend's blood was not a good idea.

In those 8-years, I never bothered to find and know something about Kyuhyun. Once if I knew something, I know my heart couldn't take him not to go back on his side. What I only heard about the news about him, he and his fiancee will both study in Harvard to concentrate on Law course. After that, I never give him neither a single space of him on my mind. I don't want to inchoate all of our memories on my head, never ever again. I concentrate in my studies, and overlook the future what lies ahead for me.

Too much thought of reminiscing, I stood up from my bed and sat in our balcony to refresh, when I remembered the small envelope did Henry gave me beside their wedding invitation.

I carefully slid the beautiful ribbon of the card, saying, "Hi gorgeous Miss Congresswoman of Cheonju, I'm Mr. Congressman from the 3rd District of Seoul, and I would like to invite you to come for my birthday celebration on February 3, 7pm @ The Mansion Paradise Hotel *fictional*. See you there!"

- Mr. Congressman~

P.s- If you want to contact me in any emergency cases, here's my number: +82 xxx xxx xxx

***

February 3.. Uhm.. What date is it today? Yesterday is 2, so today is 3?! Oh shoot! What time is it now? I looked at the clock and its 6~! Woah! I'm going to be late, for sure! I only have an hour to travel. Oh great, I don't want to come now, but it seems like I have to. It's the first invitation I have so far anyway. Why declining it? It's an immodesty on my part, most especially I'm a professional ones.

I took a bath and prepare myself in a dash. I informed eomma that I'm going to Seoul and be back by tomorrow, I guess. Problem is, I don't know someone in Seoul to stay in, but whatever. I have to go for now. Haha. I get my car keys and drove to the given location than to a normal speed.

Once my car had stepped into the Seoul territory, cursed this traffic thing! I'm too impatient, when I'm on a rush, really. Sigh. It's too embarrassing, meeting a fellow Congressman for the first time being late on his party seems not a very good impression. Haizt. I remembered that he included his number on the card, much better if I'll inform him, that I'll be a little late.

I started to type in:

'Good evening, Mr. Congressman. This is Miss Congresswoman Joo. I'm in the midst of the traffic jam, so I guess I'll be late for a couple of minutes.'

Then I press the send button. In a blink of an eye, he replied:

'Not a problem, Miss. Take your time.' with a smiley in the end of his message.

---

Approximately after 15 minutes, I safely arrived at the lobby and let the chaffeur parked my car in a safe area.

Once my foot landed at the main entrance, I can feel my heart heavily pound inside me. This is the feeling that I've felt when Kyuhyun hold my hand.. when he kissed me.. when he embraced me.. Oh no! This can't be! I don't want to remember him nor his name anymore! But what am I feeling right now, was exactly the feeling that I had for him before.

"Reservation hall for Mr. Congressman's Party, please?" I asked the receptionist.

"Wait in a moment, Ma'am.." she her monitor and back to me.

"But there's no event in our function hall today, Ma'am. But there's a reservation at the hotel's garden at the back." she asked someone to guide me at that said location.

Hooh. The more I stepped closer and closer near that area, the more my heart beats goes on faster and faster.

I can now reflect the special lights at the garden, but surprisingly there were no people around. I began to wander if the party ended that fast. Impossible, isn't it? That's weird.

I thanked the one who guided me, and opens the glass door for me. I've seen some violinist and a pianist playing some random love songs, but there was no one around except them.

Am I at the wrong place? Am I lost? This is crazy!

I turned and overlooked the scenery, its PERFECT! I admire its beauty, the serene atmosphere, the freshness of the flowers -- Oh how I love it!

I got a bit startled when, "Miss Joo?" that voice, I dearly missed. But this can't be. I must be dreaming!

"____-ah, its been a long time." I froze with the way he touched my bare shoulder.

Since I'm a professional ones, and not the childish former ones was I, I turned and bowed at him, as if I don't recognized him.

"Annyeong hashimnikka.." I stood up and my eyes met his. He went on my back and covers me something around my shoulder. Anytime I can faint with this feeling that I had on this moment. Oh God please help me! The way he stares, wanted to embrace me, but please, NO~! It's been 8 years passed, for crying out loud, and that same OLD feeling was STILL flooding me.

"If you won't mind can we sit first, Mr. Congressman and my knees grew weak because of these killer heels of mine." he left out a nervous chuckle, and as a gentleman, he pulled out a chair for me and guided me to sit.

He makes a sign outside the glass door, and the food was set much quicker than I thought. "I know you were hungry, so we're going to eat first."

Okay. Since we knew each other way back years ago, I ate not shewing any signs of my proper etiquette. I just eat and eat and eat. Not even bothering if he'll be turn off with me or not. I'm hungry, so WHO CARES?

Maybe for sure, he got married, its very useless if I'd still get conscious with my face, since I'm not that pretty in the sight of many. I DON'T even care about my face, as long as I have this kind of brain of mine, I won't NEVER ever exchange my knowledge just for the outward appearance. As for the wise saying goes, "For what is BEAUTY, if you don't have a BRAIN?" Isn't it?

"You still never change. Except for the fact, you got taller..." he paused, staring at me immensely, "and beautiful.." he added, that makes me stop from chewing.

"Don't worry, I still love you for that..." he began to chop and ate again.

Oh God, please send some ice from heaven to cool down my cheeks!


***



(Kyuhyun's P0V):

8 years ago, ____-ah, my girlfriend did left me. My world almost collapsed, knowing that she had a brain disease. I don't know if I would believe her or not just for the sake of leaving me. She thought that once she told me that, I'm going to get her rid out of my life, but she's wrong! Absolutely wrong! She only gives me the reason to wonder why she did that to me. Instead of forgetting her, everything about her occupies my heart and my mind. I'm even going to ditch my engagement, just for her.

There'll be no way, that she's sick! As far the last time we had our medical exam together, she's more healthier than a puppy. Then just in a snap she had a brain disease. If you all wonder why I haven't search for her the past years, I entrusted God everything if we're really meant for each other; one day, someday, our paths will cross again.

After I graduated my Law Course in Harvard University with Seohyun, my father asks me to go back in Korea to run Congressman in their party. I won getting 95% of the votes without too much campaigning and advertising ads.

Few months later, all the Congressmen and Congresswomen of the Republic of South Korea were called out for their oath-taking. I thought that day would just be a normal day for me, but guess what, I underestimated what good thing can happen for me in a snap. My eyes stuck only to this simple lady from Cheonju, when I first saw her after 8 years. She's still pretty, and a very well-mannered ones. The one who taught me to realized how to gives respect to those who ought to.

I want to come over where she was and talk to her, but I guess its not yet time for me to come in touch with her, so I just let it be, since I've waited enough for her, its better to give my patience another allowance of time of waiting.

Seohyun got to know me alot better when we're both studying in England. We live on a single apartment, but we have different rooms. It was her decision as well for canceling our engagement. She knew a Medicine student, thus and thus, they started dating without her parents' knowledge. She did asked me for some love advice, because of that, we became a good friend after all.

When her boyfriend proposed to her, that's the only time she informed her parents that she got engaged by someone, and not me. I do really thank her for that, and she did understood how much I love _____, and she's very happy for me.

Now, she married two years ago: and few months ago, she gave birth to a baby girl. Oh sigh. Oh how I wish to have a baby too -- soon!

But my longingness of being a father, went seems possible after seeing you again. After that party, I asked some reliable sources about you.

I was at the Palace after a small meeting, when I also seen Henry... with Chaeri on his arms? Are they dating?

I ran after them and asked them to have a coffee with me first. They complied, and there I've found out that she's still waiting for me? Seriously? It does mean she still loves me? The couple-that-I-just-found-out-today, told me everything about their friend and gives me a sign to proposed to her right away.

---

Back to the present, after some minutes of passed she came safe in our said location with wonders.

The girl that I dearly missed. The girl that I loved to tease. The girl that I loved to hug. The girl that I love to kiss. The girl that I always argue with, but because we love each other, we can't waste a day, not reconciling before we separate.

We fight. We love. We fight. We love. We fight. We love. That has been our life together!

"Are you just going to stare with me for the whole night, Mr. Congressman?" that words of her makes me back to reality.

"Oh sorry.." I clasped my hands together, "mind not, Miss Joo if I'm going to ask the lady in front of me to date me starting today?" I stated frankly that earns me a glare from her.

She thought for awhile, "You won't also mind, Mr. Congressman if the lady in front of you was dating someone ever since 8 years ago~" she wiped her lips using the tissue on her side, "so won't you excuse me, Mr. Congressman, and I need to be at home now." she stood up and so do I.

"I'll bring you home tomorrow morning, and you'll be staying here for the night."

"Mr. Congressman, you're not obligated to do such things as that." I suddenly pressed my two fingers on her lips, then put it on mine like what we usually do wayback some years ago, "Shh.. stop being formal, baby.. I know for how long did you wait for me, but its worth waiting, right?" She froze.

She stares at me softly this time, and that leads my free hand to cupped one of her cheeks, "my love.. my enemy.. my girlfriend.. my future wife.. This man in front of you, loves you yesterday.. loving you more today.. and will love you more and more tomorrow.." I've seen her tears slowly trail down on her puffy cheeks, with her eyes still looking at me immensely, "Can I love you for the rest of our life?"

"Marry me first!" she shouted in between of her sobbing moment, on which makes me laugh on her cute response.

"Of course, I will. I'm just trying to take things slow.." but she interrupted me, "then make it FAST!" I giggles this time, as she also did.

That night also, I brought her to my parents. She was that surprised, seeing them welcoming her with open arms. My parents told her about my cancel engagement with Seohyun, and that makes her smile.

Before we sleep, *in my room* we talk to some things being not with each other, "but now I'm here, we're here together, this is just our beginning, and we're going to be together as long as where God had lead us." she nodded and embraced me. Few minutes later, I felt her pulled away, "wae?" I asked.

"O-oppa.. I'm not yet ready," she sounded, scared.

"What are you talking about?" she sat up and so do I, and shyly eyed my, "oh shoot!" I ran to the cr, and she giggles out so loud...

***

After a month, we finally got married! And also on that same year after our marriage, our beautiful angel, Miri, was born.


~ The End ~

 

©August2013

 


---

A/N: