At the politician's party where I first met his parents

LOVERS... Or Enemy?

***

(Your P0V):

Saturday came that fast. My mom informed me few days ago that I need to attend the politician's party, I had no choice but to comply with it anyway. For the past few days, I forgot to ask Kyuhyun if he'll come or not. Sigh. If only he will be there, for at least I still have a company to kill my boredom.

My mom prepared everything, including my shoes, my clothes, make-ups, jewelries... Imagining that I would be there to represent my dad, go makes me crazy what to do. Its not that I hate socializing, but attending a formal party was way far with my natural personality! I don't wear fabulous gowns, dazzling jewelries, stunning make-ups, unless it was really needful.

On the other hand, I almost forgot that Henry, was a son of a running vice president, and now he was the one who'll gonna fetch me! Yey!

He came around 6:20 in the evening, since the party will start at 8. "Nervous?" Henry asked.

"A little," I replied, and shew him half of my smile.

"Thanks to this party, and I have some time alone with you, since your over-protective boyfriend was not around," and we both giggles at the same time.

"Yeah.. I really feel sorry for you and Chaeri, ever since --" he continued my sentence, "ever since you have a boyfriend, you forgot the two most important friend of your life?"

"Y-yeah. I'm sorry. Jeongmal mianhae, mochi-ah.." he smiled, "that's fine, as long we see you are happy, we don't mind."

--

Not that long, we finally arrived safe in the location. "I'm just going to park the car, and you go ahead first," he said, as he drops me down to the lobby.

The only thing came up to my mind once I reached inside the hall was to look for Kyuhyun. Since I'm not that tall, I have to spend a lot of effort to overlook all the people who were there.

"____-ah," I freak a little when someone had tapped me on my shoulder.

I twists my neck only to see Henry from behind. That almost lose my poise. "Ya! You scared me."

"I'm sorry. Looking for your boyfriend?" I continued to search and search and search, but I was stopped when, "I guess I've already seen him.." he said, lifelessly.

"Where?" I looked at him, but he just sighed, "come, let's come over to my father's table, then we'll leave as soon as we finished our food."

"That fast?" I asked while he was dragging me on the side of the hallway.

"Y-yeah.. We have to.. It's just that, you don't have to see something that could break you." We now finally reached where his father was. We both bowed down to them, and proceeded around the table.

Right after we sit, Henry offered me the food right away. I don't know what's going on with him, and he became that tense in a sudden, "What's wrong?" I finally have the guts to ask.

"N-nothing. Just eat, okay? Quick. Quick." there's really something that he doesn't want me to know.

"Isn't your ex-girlfriend was also here that's why --" he interrupted me, "NO! In case she's here, but it won't break your heart anyway, right?" and yeah, he knows me very well.

After I finished my food, I excused myself to go to the washroom. As I walk down through the pathway, I've seen someone fainted at the side. I came up to her, and check her pulse. The woman was around on her mid 50's.

I went into the washroom and soak my handkerchief in the faucet. I let her head rest on my lap and cleanse the ahjumma's face and dip a water on her lips.

Few minutes passed, she finally got conscious. "Ohh, my head hurts," she tries to stand up.

"Oh ahjumonim, don't force yourself to stand up first."

"What happened to me? Oh I remember that I'm on my way to the washroom, when my mind just suddenly went black." she turned to face me this time, "gomawo ahgassi," and smiled at me.

"Ah no problem, Madame." as we both stood up, then I bowed at her.

Her smile turns down when her gaze stops when my necklace dangles. "Y-your n-necklace.. W-where did you get that?" she asked, stuttering.

I held my necklace and looked at it, "m-my boyfriend gave this to me..."

"Ah I see.." we were both interrupted when, "eomma, are you okay?" That voice. It seems familiar.

She turned where that voice came from, "Oh my son.. I'm fine, thanks to this beautiful lady." I also turned and my eyes met his. He was startled. Seemingly, he was trying to figure it out if its me or not. What I only hate of seeing him, the way he let Seohyun clung her arms on him.

Then the ahjumma turned to face me, "that's Kyuhyun, my son. And the lady beside him was his future wife. Anyway, what was your name again, young lady?" and now I know, that she was Kyuhyun's mom. So now I clearly confirmed that Seohyun was Kyuhyun's fiancee that Chaeri had told me before.

I was in hesitancy to tell her my name, since my mind was pre-occupied of what I just know. "Banji, kaja?" thank goodness and Henry came, calling me on my nickname. He got also seemed to be shock, but not as much as I reacted.

"Excuse me, Ma'am. We have to go." I bowed down, but once I lifted up my head, someone took a grasp on my wrist, "I'll take you home," he said.

His mom seems to be surprised on his actions too, "what's goin on here?" his appa also came. Eotteohke? I met Kyuhyun's parents not in time! This couldn't be happening!

"I'll explain everything later, mom.. dad.. ____-ah kaja." Kyuhyun drags me away from them, and I eyed Henry why he didn't stop him. Oh my, here comes trouble! And yeah, I'm not yet ready to face those kind of difficult and heart-breaking situations.

From the Palace down to a lake outside Seoul did he brought me; without a word escaped from the both of us when he was driving.

He signaled me to go down as I did, and sat on the usual bench where our first date had ever happened.

"You look beautiful tonight," he started not looking in my eyes, focusing on something that you can't comprehend where it was.

"Y-yeah. I'm only beautiful, JUST FOR TONIGHT. But after I cleanse my face and remove my clothes, it's back to a normal me again. A simple girl who was living to revenge on someone: who owes for killing her appa.."

"____-ah? Something's wrong? You see, I'm your boyfriend, you can tell me." he finally faced me this time.

I gasped, "your appa.. I don't know what to do, Kyu.. I know you were out of it, but.." I can now feel a warm thing drops from my eyes. I feels safe and secured when he enveloped me in his arms. "Thanks," I said, when I'm finally calm.

Now is my chance to actually tell him that we have to end up our relationship here. But what he just did makes me turn back and spend another day to find another chance to say what my real intentions are.

--

Monday came. My mind was undecided if I'll still talk to Seohyun and Kyuhyun after his mom's revelations. It just shows the fact that I'm really out there, and obviously I'm a third party in their relationship, nothing more nothing less.

I still love him, I still have feelings for him and I clearly fell hard over him. I don't want any of his memories be come upon me again, but how should I tell him? It's killing me inside.

I was sitting alone in the playground when someone occupy the vacant swing on my left. "So.. its you last Saturday?" a proud Seohyun asked.

"I'm breaking up with him, but I don't know why.." I fiddled with my fingers.

She scoffed, "you're intelligent, right? You should know better. So since you want to hear my part, I would like to suggest to tell him that you have a major disease and you're going to die soon! That means sooner or later you would also left him. Great idea, isn't it?" I would like to consider that as well. But... can I live my life without him?

---

~ to be continued...

 

*****

 

A/n: short update. 2 more chapters left. T^T