Meeting the Parents Pt.2

Lie to Me

(A/N:  Hi everyone! I was recently fixing up the character list for this story, and I added all of Exo. I thought that doing this would add a little more excitement to the story. Hehe^^

While I was doing this, I found that there are multiple different ways to call Suho. One was Kim Joon Myun, and the other was Kim Jun Myeong. Can ANYONE tell me which one is right, or if they are both wrong? Thanks)

 

Your mother quickly walked back to the kitchen, her eyes wide in surprise. She looked at your father and grabbed his arm, shaking it wildly.

“What is it this time?” He complained, annoyed because he was trying to put some side-dishes together.

“Jane just came in-” She said, beginning to open the back window that overlooked the café. She pointed to the corner that you and your bosses were sitting in.

“-with two men.” She finished.

Excuse me?  With whom?” Your father hissed under his breath, trying to get a good look at the three of you, but his view was blocked.

“She claims that they are the men that hired her. But I find that strange. Just this morning, Jane said she was going in for an interview, so how is it that she landed the job so quickly? Not only that, but she is already eating lunch with the man that hired her, and also the CEO of the company she’s working for? How have two men that are that high in the company already taken an interest in her? It seems too good to be true, if you know what I mean.”

Yes, your father knew exactly what his wife meant. Ever since you had hit the age of 20, getting a job had been hard for you. One of the main reasons was that you always expressed your opinion, never being afraid to chew even the CEO out if he/she was treating anyone unfairly. The second was that your parents simply could not afford to give you a very good education, and because of that, most companies turned you down.

“Did the men look nice?” Your father asked, still trying to see over the other customers that were blocking his view.

“Yes, matter-of-fact, too nice. They were both so handsome; I don’t know what they’re doing with our Jane.”

Your father nodded, and quickly turned around, grabbing the order of two muffins and one sandwich.

“What are you doing?” Your mother asked, shuffling behind her husband.

“What does it look like I’m doing? Bringing out their order, of course.”

----

In the corner of your eye, you saw your father marching towards your table, and your eyes widened in shock. You had originally thought that your father would take this better than your mother, but by the looks of it, he wasn’t too happy. Why couldn’t they just be happy for you? You had just landed a job in an outstanding company, and you hoped to keep it for a while. Unfortunately, you felt like you could lose your job at any second, considering your father could say anything that came to his mind. It was almost like he didn’t have a filter, he just said what he felt like saying at the time.

Suddenly turning to your bosses, you began talking frantically in a hushed whisper.

“Uh, not to startle you guys or anything, but my father is on his way over to our table. He’s usually cool when it comes to me bringing guys in here, but for some reason he doesn’t look too happy.”

Suho and Hyun Joong looked over in the direction you were staring at, and then back at you.

“What do you mean, ‘He’s usually cool when it comes to me bringing guys in here?’ Have you brought other guys here before?” Suho asked suddenly.

“For some reason, I feel like that is not really important right now. Ugh, here he comes. Just act normal.” You said, running your fingers through your hair as Suho and Hyun Joong sat up straight.

Your father arrived at your table, almost slamming your food down, crossing his arms afterwards.

“Jane, it’s nice to see you again. How did your interview go?” He asked seriously, narrowing his eyes at Suho and Hyun Joong.

“Well actually, this is the man that hired me, and the CEO of the company I now work at.” You hissed the last part out, trying to hint that he shouldn’t say anything rude, or you might lose your job.

“That’s interesting. Would you introduce us?” He asked coldly, ignoring your warning. This was strange. Your father almost never acted this way. There was a reason he was doing this, you just had to find out.

“Oh. Yes, of course. Dad, this is Kim Hyun Joong. He interviewed me… a few hours ago, actually.” You wanted to avoid the part where you had blown up in the interviewer’s faces, including Hyun Joong’s, telling them that their company was bogus, and whatnot.

“And this is Kim Joon Myun, the CEO of the company.” You added.

“Suho, Hyun Joong, this is my father. I guess you can just call him Mr.Solis.”

Just like when the two men had met your mother, they both shook your father’s hand, bowing and saying, “Nice to meet you, Mr. Solis.”

Your father nodded back to the both of them, eyeing them suspiciously.

“So Jane, tell me. How has work been so far?” Your father asked, wanting to hear how the two men had treated you thus far.

“Well let’s see. I’ve only been working for-“ You looked at your watch, then back at your father.

“-two hours now. So, fine I guess.” You replied, giving your father a bored look. You were really internally begging him to not say anything that would embarrass you.

“Alright then. It was nice meeting you both. I’ll see you later, Jane. Enjoy your food.” He left awkwardly, staring the two men down as he walked away.

“Well wasn’t that lovely.” You stated, grabbing your muffin from the tray.

You mentally noted to ask him later why he had been acting so weird.

“Yes, your parents are lovely.” Suho replied, smiling happily.

“I was being sarcastic. My father sure was acting weird. He never does that…” You said nervously.

“Well, I can see why. Two extremely handsome men are eating lunch with his daughter. He probably feels that we have bad intentions or something. He’s just protecting you.” Hyun Joong said stoically.

You inwardly chuckled. Two extremely handsome men. These two really did love themselves.

On the other hand, what Hyun Joong said seemed like a logical explanation for your father’s behavior.

“Yeah, you’re probably right.” You said, pushing the thought aside and taking a big bite of your muffin.

Hyun Joong and Suho watched you closely, smirking cockily.

She looks pretty cute while she eats. Suho thought amusingly.

----

Lunch ended rather quickly, considering you had all ordered something small. Although, before you left, a small fight had broken out about who should pay the bill. Both men insisted on paying, but eventually you paid yourself, insisting that it was a thank-you gift for accepting you into the company. The two had followed up with the fact that you had already paid for their coffee earlier, but you simply ignored them.

(A:N/ Alright, just to let everyone know, these few chapters have really just been fillers to set the atmosphere. I think that I’m going to spice things up soon. I will also try and make the chapters longer.)