Chapter 12

A Stranger in My Own Home

(Eli’s POV)

Well… I guess I did it. Marlee’s probably still mad at me so much that she won’t wanna see any of us today. Our flight leaves at 10am today and it’s almost 8 so there’s not much time to visit anyways… It’s a good thing we did most of our packing last night cuz I really didn’t want to get up any earlier than I had to.

Hyung… are you feeling better today?” I looked up to see Dongho peaking in from around the door.

Yeah, much better.” I rubbed the back of my head. The bump definitely wasn’t as noticeable so that’s good. Even if we don't get recognized on the streets, we might be seen inside the airport by any fans or reporters that are in between flights.

We piled our suitcases in the back of the van and Kevin insisted on driving since he was still convinced my vision could go blurry at any time. I told him that it was only a headache and my vision wasn’t affected but he’s stubborn when it comes to our wellbeing. I sat in the back seat with Dongho and Kiseop and enjoyed the view of America for the last time. Kevin stopped at a red light and turned the right blinker on. “Um… Kevin, you go straight to get to the airport… not right.

He looked at me through the rearview mirror and said, “I know. We’re not going there just yet. We have to say goodbye to Marlee, remember?

I froze in my seat and couldn’t move until we got to her dorm. “Well… does she even know we’re here? Did you call her?

Don’t worry.” Kevin said. “I called her before we left. Now let’s go so we don’t waste our time out here.

We walked into the dorm hall and Hoon pushed the elevator button. Everyone was talking up a storm about how they wish we had more time here and how they wanted to add Marlee on Katalk (which is short for Kakao Talk) so they could stay in touch. I wonder if they had lunch together yesterday… Probably not. I’m sure Marlee would’ve mentioned how I was mean to her and no one seems to be treating me differently… Except for Hoon but Hoon usually keeps to himself anyways. We got to her room and Dongho knocked a happy beat on her door. A few seconds later a door opened to a very tired looking Marlee. She looked up at us and her eyes widened. She started panicking and slammed the door back in our faces… She didn’t look that bad… She was actually kinda cute with a big sweatshirt on and hair messed up… even without makeup.

(Marlee’s POV)

Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg!!!!! I completely forgot they were coming over and I didn’t set my alarm and now I can’t go take a shower or brush my teeth because the stupid bathroom is at the end of the hall! Mouthwash! I’ll just use that and spit into the trash can. Yeah, that’ll work! And I guess I’ll put my hair up. I’ll just put some mascara on. I don’t have time for eyeliner cuz they’re waiting on me… OH NO! I slammed the door in their faces! They’re going to be so mad at me! Especially since they’re leaving today. They don’t have time to wait! I’ll just stick with my sweatshirt and shorts.

I looked in my mirror and made a disgusted face… I opened the door again half expecting them to be gone, but there they were. “Hi… Sorry I forgot to set my alarm… Come in.” I moved out of the way and sat on my bed.

Don’t worry! Noona’s still pretty.” Dongho plopped beside me and gave me a friendly hug. I hugged him back hoping I didn’t smell bad. Everyone else found a seat and formed a little circle in my room. We started chatting happily but I noticed Eli wasn’t adding anything to the conversation. I think karma’s got it backwards… Bad things are supposed to happen to a person after they’ve been bad. He got sick and then started being a jerk.

(Eli’s POV)

I get it now… She doesn’t hate us… She just hates me. Now I’m sure she feels awkward with me here. I’ve gotta do something. If she’s going to miss us, she needs to miss all of us. I don’t want her to have any negative feelings associated with Ukiss... or me.

“I’m sorry to bring this up, but I think we need to leave now. I don’t want to have to rush through the airport.” AJ said looking at the clock and then giving Marlee and apologetic look.

Don’t worry about it. I’m just glad yall came by before leaving. I’m going to miss yall so much!” Marlee said standing up and giving AJ a hug, then Dongho, then Kiseop, then Kevin, then Soohyun, and then Hoon and he whispered something to her. She just smiled and let go. Everyone was halfway out the door when Marlee looked at me awkwardly.

Guys… I think I’m gunna talk to Marlee alone before we leave. It won’t take that long.” Everyone looked back at me and nodded. When it was just the two of us I sat on the chair in front of her. She cautiously sat on her bed and looked away from me. “I’m sorry.” I said and she looked at me with a surprised expression. “I’m sorry for how I acted yesterday. I guess I just wasn’t in a good mood…. No, I’m going to be honest with you. I thought that if I was mean you wouldn’t miss us when we left, but it turns out you just wouldn’t have missed me. I was a jerk and no one should ever speak to you the way I did. I’m really sorry and I hope you forgive me…” I looked at her and her expression changed into one I didn’t expect. She was smiling.

“I appreciate the apology. I’m glad you told me everything, but I still would’ve missed you even if you hadn’t apologized. I just would’ve been disappointed that you didn’t, but you did…. And I don’t know why you thought being mean was the answer to everything. Especially to one of your dearest fans! Stupid…” She started laughing and shaking her head.

“Ya! Don’t call me that!” I stood up from my chair but she stood up as well.

“Then don’t act like it.”

I noticed how close we were and I guess she did too because she backed up and looked away. I rubbed the back of my head and said “So we’re good?”

She smiled at me and said “Yeah, we’re good.” I pulled her in for a hug but she wasn’t hugging back the way I hoped she would. It was like a friend hug. She didn’t hold me the way I was holding her. I guess I messed up… I’m going to have to regain her trust.

(Marlee’s POV)

After Eli left I fell back on my bed and let out a deep breath. That was weird… I don’t like distancing myself from Eli, but I’m with Hoon... secretly. When we were hugging goodbye he even told me to not look at any other guys while he was gone. I should've told him not to look at any girls if he's going to put any restrictions on me. I'm not into double standards... *sigh* I wonder what’s going to happen now… I only have one more semester left before I graduate…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I've been away for a few days. I started rewatching an anime I was into in middle school (sooo long ago! like 7 years... I'm so old!) It's called Fruits Basket and I definitely recommend it! In middle school I read the manga and only saw a few episodes of the anime so I'm going to watch the whole thing. Oh and one of my favorite characters looks like Zelo from BAP and is super cute!

29bc2yt.jpg  Momiji Sohma   momiji_sohma_grown_up_by_yukinakuran-d4m  (older version)

 tumblr_m4wunoj6hM1r5q1kqo1_500.png  Zelo       See the resemblance?

Good news! :D The other day my mom and I were watching TV and a commercial came on and it said something like "Do what makes you happy." and my mom said "That's right" and pat my arm... So I think she's fully accepted my choice of going to Korea. :D

Anyways, I really wanted this chapter to be longer but I haven't been sleeping well so my creative thoughts aren't coming as smoothly. Will Marlee and Hoon be able to keep their long distance relationship? Will Hoon tell the other members about his secret relationship? Will Eli confess to Marlee? Stay tuned to find out!

Subscribe and comment! If you want me to post pictures (probably not as random as these) more let me know!

<3 thekpopginger95