Gayo Deajun Performances; Part 2

~ARCANIUM~ {SM's new girl group}

 

The backstage was so busy, cameramen were checking their cameras; monitors were handling troubleshoots and issues; the CCO ensured the flow and the quality of the show; the music director got ready the whole tune; the executive producer was checking the stage; the TV director blocked the cameras, lightings and microphones; the program director checked all the presence of the artists; and lastly, the singers were getting ready in their assigned dressing rooms.

 Arcanum’s members were really nervous and excited that time, it’s more actually a showcase for them not a music festival. It’s one and only time where they could show in South Korea or even the whole world especially their fans that they outstand in the whole music industry. They’ve had been practicing for weeks just to perfect these special stages.

Their first two performances will start in less than a minute as so the girls went to the green room (a waiting room or as a touch-up lounge so that a performer need not return to wardrobe or to the dressing room, while remaining immediately available for a call to the stage) where they fixed their microphones and their new costumes. It was a silver shining tank top with black glossy vest with a long sparkling blazer in pair with a black shining shorts and heels. As then Miss A and F(x) came in the waiting room to wait.

“Hoobaes, are you ready? You’re up first right?” Luna said helping the young ones to relax. “Calm down!”

“That’s right! You’ve performed several times and you’ve practice a million times! You’ll do exceptional tonight, I know it!” Krystal added.

“Thank you Krys unnie, but we really don’t know why it feels like we’re debuting again either!” Gomin commented.

“Nervousness is really a part of getting in the stage. Well, you all can do it, Hwaiting!” Sulli cheered.

“ARCANUM, YOU’RE UP!” The director signed that they – Arcanum- should get ready and so the seven girls like the time when they debut, wore their silver masks and checked their lapel mics before going into the stage.

 

“… As we start if this spectacular show, let’s anticipate to the first group, they’re known as our own mysterious group, rookie groups and remarked as professionals and good bodies and skills – ARCANUM-imnida! ~”

They performed the whole song confidently as they took their masks one by one in the middle of the performance, there are loud fan chants that increased the girls’ confidence. They performed successfully and gracefully and they really marked the audiences mind especially they we’re the first one to perform. They got back in their dressing rooms which they share with their co-band F(x) and fixed their selves. They refreshed and changed their costumes. They prepared for their special performances.

“That was Arcanum opening the show!” Leeteuk said enthusiastically as the girls finished their performances of their debut song and ‘Rubi’, their version of their sunbae’s, Fin.K.L.

“Yes! Watching them just takes me back to the time where we first performed at this stage! Daebak! Arcanum jjang!” The audience began to cheer louder with Yuri’s remark, if it is even possible, especially the group of supporters waving Royal Purple lightsticks and banners with the different names of Arcanum’s members.

 

“Girl, job well done! You’re amazing up there.” The girls’ stylist-slash-makeup artist named Joo Eun complimented them.

“Kamsahamnida! It really feels good to be on stage!” Gayoung stated.

“It really is and we all like it! Hwaiting!” The second youngest added.

“Okay girls, your next performances are on the part two, right? It’s after a short break so you’re all free to look around the studio, just be alert all the time if it’s already your time to perform, alright?” The manager said.

 

Minah washed her make up since she’s already finish with her performance, the next thing she’ll do is to watch her VCR that will air before the special stage of JYP and SM’s rapper performance and that will happen in an hour. She fixed herself and wore a white long-sleeved shirt with prints tacked in a light blue denim shorts with a black belt and a black heeled sandals. She lay down in a settee while staring to other members preparing for their individual special stages. 

Dian straighten her hair and put a headband to her black hair, she was wearing a one shoulder pink dress which Ji Yeon personally chose for her to wear in her MC-ing. The MCs were assigned in three groups – Leeteuk, Yuri and Tiffany; Dian and Onew ; Suzy, Ji Yeon and Jo Kwon. During the Gayo, Leeteuk’s group was assigned to MC the first performances up to 2AM’s performances, then Onew and Dian will replace then until toLim Jung Hee’s performance and lastly Ji Yeon, Suzy and will Jo Kwon take place.

Monroe was sitting in front of the mirror getting her hair done by their stylist. She was staring at herself and later on, began hum the song she will be singing with IU and the others. “I WANT SOME ICE CREAM!” She screamed randomly inside the dressing room as so the others laugh with the exception of one who just grunt. As to what the girls betted earlier, Seowoon would be buying them a gallon each of ice cream. Looking at Seowoon, she put an adorable smile in her face. She waited until her hair was done then she walked to the couch and bounced and pouted.

Heegin was reading a piece of paper containing the lyrics of IU and Yoo Seung Ho’s Believe in Love. It was the piece which she’ll sing with Kyuhyun on their duet. She was nervous and practicing the lines over and over again. Until the stylist called her and so she sat and sighed. The stylist put some curls in her blonde hair and fixed her bangs. And in no time, she was finish and she wore a red tube dress and went to f(x)’s Luna to ask for some advise when singing.

Seowoon was wearing a light pink top tucked in a black bubble skirt with white and pink lapel blazer, her attire was opposite with her personality but she was tasked to wear that stuff so who cares. She sat crossed legs and grabbed a book from her bag, opening it and then closing it again after a short while. “Yah~ Seowoon ah! If you just believed in your skills then you wouldn’t have to buy your group mates a gallon of ice cream each!” She scolded herself while tapping her head with the hardbound book in her hand.

Hyeyoon was still in their perf attire, practicing for the dance the she and Taemin would be doing versus Suzy and Wooyoung of the JYP group. “Hyeyooooon~ change first will you? Or else you’ll get sick!” Gayoung called out to her to which she replied yes before going into the far end of the room where the changing corner is. She came out dressed in a white tee on top of a leather pants with a denim vest and some bling-blings to accentuate her look. After changing to her next performance’s attire, she then continued on with her routine, now with Taemin dancing with her.

Gayoung, on the other hand, is busy relaxing herself next to Monroe at the couch with rapping her heart away with Supreme Team’s “Then Then Then” since she was the first one to arrive and be styled before the other girls. Still having her hair in rollers, she began bopping her head with the song still playing in her pocket music player. Seeing Gayoung doing so, their stylist can’t help but to scold her or else her hairstyle for her next performance would be ruined. “GAYOUNG AH! DON’T DO THAT!” 

 

-------------------

Again, some more backstage stories before the special stages.

We're truly sorry for the delay girls! 

But for now, I hope this keeps you happy.^^

 

Sneaking to update this chapter while typing a paper, 

Seowoon~ ♥