The Preparations

~ARCANIUM~ {SM's new girl group}

After the singers enjoyed their breakfast, made by the members of f(x) and Arcanum, they rested a little while having fun with their label mates.

7:38 – Everyone cleans up the mess that they made earlier

7:43 – Monroe was fetched by their manager to give a ride to her the coffee shop where she will get together with IU and the others.

7:45 – The rappers and the dancers huddle up at the front door before leaving.

7:50 – The WGM wives (Seohyun and Victoria) with Seowoon set out to meet with their ‘husbands’, and the CN Blue members for Seowoon at the MBC building.

7:53 – Dian with Tiffany, Yuri and Leeteuk went to SM’s lounge to meet up with Onew and the other MCs for them to be comfortable with each other.
-----------------------------------------

That leaves Minah and Minho who are waiting for their managers to arrive from meeting up the other managers for the upcoming Gayo.

“Erm, Minah sshi… it’s your first time doing a VCR for performances right?” Minho asked opening a conversation with the girl resting near the window pane.
“Minah sshi…” Minho called out again, since the first bore nothing but silence, but was also a fail hearing that he heard no sound from Minah at all leading Minho to just stare blankly to space.

“Min…ho sshi…” He heard Minah mutter
“Ne?!” Minho said jumping to his feet, started by Minah’s voice.
“O-oh… she’s asleep.” The boy said seeing her head leaning unto the wall beside the window with her eyes closed. In just a split second he was there standing next to the sleeping beauty with his jacket on hand ready to cover it to the girl… when suddenly the door stood open.
“Min~… oh, mian. I’ll… get going now. Hehe~” Key said sprinting towards the door fast just as how he got in the room.
“Aish. Hyung~! It’s not…” He said calling back to the boy even though he knows that the former wouldn’t even hear it.

“Ah, manager hyung’s outside the building now. Thought you ought to know!” And again, Key said sticking his head at the door before running up to his own rehearsal room.
“Mi-minah sshi… Minah sshi, wake up.” Minho said tapping the girl’s shoulder to wake her up to say that their managers are on their way, just like what Key said.
“Minah sshi…” He said again shaking the girl a little.
“O-oh… Minho sunbaenim …” Minah said with eyes slightly open as it adjust to the lighting of the room.
“Our managers are on their way up here so… yeah, I woke you up.” 
“Yeah, I can see that… Thank you Minho sunbaenim.” She said with a laugh as she straighten up and stretched a little.
“Minho… Just Minho would be okay. Or Minho oppa… Yes, Minho oppa would be great. There’s really no need for too much formality you know.” The boy said with a smile.
“Well, okay then… Minho… oppa.”

“Minho yah~. Minah sshi. Are you two ready?” SHINee’s manager asked as he and Arcanum’s manager got in the rehearsal room.
“De~!” Minho and Minah said standing up from the corner of the room where they are playing ‘Kaebbi Kaebbi’.*
“Well then get your things and… no, no not you Heegin…wait for a while. As I was saying… get your things and we’ll get you to the studio where you’ll be filmed for the VCR.” Arcanum’s manager, Jae Soon, said going out the door to speak to Heegin.
“We’ll be at the basement parking lot. Hurry up, arasseo?” SHINee’s manager added before going out.

“Need a hand?” Minho asked Minah who shook her head in return as she fixed the contents of her bag and announced to the boy that she’s ready.
“Shall we go now oppa?”
“We should… or else our managers would be furious.” Minho said laughing as he open the rehearsal door for Minah.
-------------------------------------

On the other side Kyuhyun, Jonghyun, Jongwoon, Taeyeon, Sunyoung, and Heegin rode their assigned van. The seat right in the back of the driver’s seat was taken by Sunyoung and Jonghyun, then Taeyeon and Hee Gin, leaving Kyuhyun and Jongwoon to seat at the rear back part of the vehicle.

It was the usual time for breakfast, yet they were seated inside the van going to other’s company’s building.
Just then Sunyoung’s stomach growls in the very moment, taking everyone’s attention who’s riding in the van.

Hearing the noise, the two leaders handed Luna a packed lunch simultaneously. Luna took both lunches, began munching and gave the other one to her seatmate who’s bugging her to feed him too. 
Laughing at their similar action, the two leaders started eating the other lunch that they brought, sharing the variety.

“Yah! How come these four people are eating lunch and we aren’t?!” Jongwoon shouted earing a laugh from the people inside the van.
“Yah… can’t you hear our stomachs? We’re hungry too you know…” Kyuhyun added with a hint of aegyo in his voice (To ensure the possibility of the girls to give them something to eat, he said to himself) as he tap Heegin’s shoulder.

“Here oppa, I have one left here, and you two can share.” Taeyeon answered, handing another lunch to Yesung.
“And oh, I have one left too, you can have it too!” Heegin said, giving her other lunch to Kyuhyun and offered a sandwich to the driver of the van as she said,
“Here’s a sandwich for you too ajusshi!”

The six artists were busy chatting and eating inside the van while waiting to arrive in JYP Building. 
They were directed in a recording room where the other artists were waiting as they all went down the vehicle. Changmin, Junsu, Yoseob, Raina, Gayoon and Soyeon were already there. They bowed to each other as sign of respect as they sat in vacant chairs and apologized for their late arrival.

“Okay, since you’re all here now, I’ll call your names and please stand up to be recognized, although I know that you all know each other.,,” The JYP Representative said. 
“Okay let’s start with Changmin from 2AM, Junsu from 2PM, Yoseob from B2ST, Raina from After School, Gayoon from 4Minute, Soyeon from T-ara, Yesung and Kyuhyun from Super Junior, Jonghyun from SHINee, Taeyeon from SNSD, Luna from F(x) and lastly Soogin from Arcanum.

“And since the number of the participants for this year’s ballad battle, we along with MBC, decided to do duets. And because of the time constraints, you and your partner would just be able to sing the song’s . You know… just like how Yoseob’s ‘I DON’T KNOOOOOW~!’ part in their song ‘SOOM’.” The representative explained to the singers.

“How should we pair up?” Raina asked putting her hand up.
“Oh that, MBC assigned the pairings and the song you’ll be singing based on your vocal strenghts. Here are the pairings: Taeyeon and Yesung, Raina and Taeyeon, Gayoon and Yoseob, Luna and Jonghyun, Soyeon and Changmin and Kyuhyun and Soogin.”

“As for the songs, could the pairings please come here and get their song assignments. Your practice rooms would also be written in the paper. So as you get the paper, proceed to your rooms please.” 
------------------------------------------

Waiting for the other MCs to arrive for their get together, Yuri with Tiffany, Leeteuk, Onew and Dian was playing around. 
Just as Dian was about to grab hold of Leeteuk to tag him as ‘it’ the main doors of the building went open revealing Jiyeon from T-ara, Jo Kwon from 2AM and Suzy from Miss A and so the game of ‘Tag’ was postponed for a while.

“Annyeong haseyo” The three guests greeted as they want near the SM talents.
“Annyeong haseyo!” The five label mates bowed down too as they lined up to greet their visitors.
“Dian sshi, it’s nice meeting you again!” Jo Kwon said seeing Dian next to Tiffany.
“Ne. Annyeong haseyo Jo Kwon sunbaenim. Annyeong haseyo Suzy sunbaenim, Jiyeon unnie.” Dian said greeting the other three one by one.

“So! Where should we go next again?” Leeteuk asked them but failed to get something out from the group since they also don’t know the next step for them to take.
“Why don’t we just go out and eat in this chicken place that I know?” Onew suggested getting a laugh from the group.
“Not a good idea then. So where should we go now?” He added.
“AH! What about going to the amusement park?” Tiffany suggested.
“Too early that…” Yuri answered. 
“To the mall? The park?” Suzy asked.
“Not bad… We could do that you know…” Leeteuk commended nodding his head in approval to the idea.
“Let’s get going then!” Jiyeon said pointing to the doors.

“Eight chocolate waffles please!” Dian said cheerfully to the man selling some food near the park.
“Here you go young lady.” The man said giving Dian’s order to her.
“Here… let me help you with that.” Onew exclaimed as he lifted the food from the girl’s arm and walked, side by side, back to the bench where the group was.
“Thank you Jinki oppa! Have a waffle. ” Dian stated smiling at the boy beside him, making him eat one of the hot waffles from the brown bag.
“AH! It’s hot!” Onew exclaimed as he took a bite from the bread making the girl laugh.

“Jaa~ here you go sunbaenims! Chocolate waffles, hot as new baked bread!” The girl said getting the brown bag from Onew’s arms and distributed the waffles to the artists.
“Kamsahamnida Dian sshi!” The artists replied to the Arcanum’s Wise Diva.
“What should we talk about now then? Any suggestions?” Leeteuk questioned acting like the leader of their new formed group ‘Chocolate Waffles’ (obviously because of the food that Dian treated them off), since he’s the oldest of them all.
“Well, what about talking about our interests first? It can help us in impromptu speaking to each other in the broadcast, right?” Dian suggested earning nods from her fellow MCs.
“Who’ll start the sharing then?” Yuri asked them and they all eyed Jo Kwon in return.
“Fine. I’ll start.” The man said faking a sigh and then proceeded to talking.
----------------------------------------

Seohyun, Victoria, Nichkhun and Seowoon were sitting at the couch at MBC’s lounge waiting for the members of CN Blue to finish their schedule for a TV show.
Seohyun, Victoria, Nichkhun and Yonghwa were set to practice for their respective special stages. It was singing the infamous ‘Banmal Song’ for the YongSeo couple and a ‘y and Hot’ dance number for the KhunToria couple.

“Oh! He’s here!” Nichkhun said pointing at Yonghwa who is now walking towards them in a hurry.
“Annyeong haseyo!” The CN Blue member greeted the four of them and they all greeted back.
“Seowoon sshi, how have you been? I heard that you’ll be collaborating with my bandmates?” Yonghwa asked comfortably since they have met a couple of times now at the set of the music show ‘Inkigayo’.
“I’m doing fine, thank you Yonghwa sshi. And yes, I will be collaborating with them.” Seowoon replied back between Seohyun and Victoria. 
“Don’t worry too much for your first encounter with them. They’re harmless.”
“Ne. Seohyun unnie have said the very same thing to me for a couple of times now. And I’m quite acquainted with Minhyuk sshi so I really am not that anxious in meeting them.” The girl said laughing. 
“Should we accompany you here as you wait for Jungshin and the others, Seowoon ah?” Seohyun asked the girl next to her.
“Aniyo. I’m okay in waiting for them by myself unnie, I’m pretty familiar with the staffs here anyways. And you four should get going too.” 
“Well then, take care Seowoon ah!” Victoria said bidding farewell to her label mate and the other three did the same (with Nichkhun bidding goodbye in Thai after learning that the girl can speak a little Thai).

After seeing the four out the building, Seowoon sat down the egg-like chair waiting for the remaining three CN Blue members. Bringing out her music player, she listened to some CN Blue songs and sang along with it in a low voice. 
As the chorus of ‘I’m a loner’ began, someone tapped Seowoon in the shoulder making Seowoon jump in surprise.
“Seowoon sshi?” Minhyuk said leaning closer a little to see if it really is her (since she’s wearing a baseball cap, hiding some of the parts of her face).
“Ne. Annyeong haseyo!” Seowoon said, a little startled, turning off her music player and taking off her cap.
“Annyeong haseyo!” The boys greeted her with a slight bow too.
“You know Jonghyun hyung and the nation’s chingu, Jungshin, right?” Minhyuk said pointing at the two boys standing at his back.
“Yes. Annyeong haseyo. I’m Choi Seowoon of Arcanum.” She said bowing doing a little to Jungshin and the male maknae did the same. But when it was Jonghyun’s turn, the boy offered his hand for her to shake and she bowed down a little, at the same time.
“Oh. Y-yeah.” Jonghyun commented, bowing slightly while Seowoon did the act that he did a while ago.
“Aww, hyung… get yourself together will you.” Jungshin said elbowing his hyung creating Minhyuk to laugh a little, like Jonghyun being like that means something.
“Yah!” Jonghyun exclaimed making Seowoon laugh secretly. And in the end, the two settled with a hand shake. 
--------------------------------------------

“Gayoung-unnie, are you having fun?” Amber asked the girl next to him as the rappers took a little break from their practice.
“Yep, I never thought being with you three would be such fun!” Gayoung replied, drinking some water from her jug. 
“You know one thing now, right Gayoung sshi?” Heechul exclaimed as he made an entrance to the conversation.
Gayoung just gave them a puzzled look in return.
“That the ‘Rapping Team’ is the most fun team that you’ll be with when practicing, of course!” Key uttered sitting next to her.
“Ah! That… well, I haven’t really tried being with the other groups so…” 
“Yah! Are you doubting the fun that we’ve had all these time?!” 
“If by time you mean the whole hour and a half then…” Gayoung wasn’t able to finish her sentence since Heechul and Key began acting like they’re crying because of what she said.

“Yah. Heechul oppa, Key oppa… don’t scare her with that acting of yours! Didn’t you remember the time when Yuri unnie was here, but then got out our group because of your weirdness?” Amber said laughing at the act made by the resident divas of SM Town.
“Oh, yeah. I remembered…” Heechul suddenly went back to his normal self, generating some laugh from Gayoung.
“Aniyo~ I was just joking! And, don’t worry… I like it when Heechul sshi and Key oppa are acting. Just so you know.” Gayoung said still laughing.

“Mwoya~!!! So you two are really in that kind of relationship!?” Amber cried as she looks at Key and Gayoung with a surprised expression and to Heechul with a teasing face.
“Wah! Another couple is it?! First were Minah and Minho and then now, you two?!” Heechul exclaimed, joining in at Amber’s teasing spree. 
“A-aniyo! We’ve known each other for a long time now so we speak comfortably with each other!” Key explained as he defended himself and Gayoung.
“Exactly~! Jinki oppa told us to be comfortable with each other since according to him, we’ll be around each other!” Gayoung said inserting some details more to what Key said.

“Gayoung… Kibum… Ki-young? Ga-ki? Ani, ani… um, YoungBum?” Heechul said as he thinks of a good ‘couple name’ for the two.
“Ah! I know! BumYoung! Isn’t it good? Yes? No?” 
“It’s your fault…” Key said, with a slight hilarity in his voice, as if he likes what is going on.
“YAH!” Gayoung bellowed, hitting Key’s shoulder lightly.

After Gayoung hit Key, the room became deafening silent making the ‘BumYoung’ couple look at their two companions who were now at the other end of the room.
“Hyung~!/Amber~!” Key and Gayoung cried out to the two. 
“A-arasseo, arasseo… we’ll stop now. Mianhaeyo Key oppa, unnie.” Amber apologized and Heechul nodded as they walked closer to them.
“But you know, that couple name’s good too. And so are you two.” Heechul added with a smirk.
---------------------------------------

“Hana, dul, set…” Hyukjae counted of as Hyeyoon showed the dance of their debut song as a signal for them to begin their very own dance battle.

“Good job dongsaeng~!” Hyoyeon shouted, cheering for her little sister.
“Yeah~!!!” Yoona and Krystal cheered, while Donghae hooted. 
Taemin was readying himself to go in and dance with the youngest dancer of the SM Town before he dance SHINee’s latest song, Lucifer.

“And now… Lee Taemin, SHINee’s very own dancing maknae enters the stage!” Hyukjae ‘MC-ed’ as Taemin danced the last part of ‘Tired of Waiting’ with Hyeyoon and right after danced ‘Lucifer’. 
And as the ‘Dance Battle of the Dance Group’ continued, the pattern carries on. After Taemin was Krystal who danced ‘NU ABO’, then there came Yoona and Hyoyeon dancing ‘Hoot’ and lastly Donghae and Hyukjae dancing ‘Bonamana’.

“Good job Hyeyoon sshi!” Taemin praised the girl with a smile as he stood next to her after his dance.
“Ah~ Kamsahamnida!” Well, not as well as you though… I’m still learning.” Hyeyoon answered flattered by the compliment that youngest male member of SM Town gave her.
“A little more practice and you can probably dethrone your sister from her ‘Dancing Queen’ title!” The boy said, laughing slightly.
“Maldo andwae!” Hyeyoon commented as she joined Taemin in laughing.
“Well, well, well… getting along very well I presume…” Hyoyeon suddenly appeared next to her little sister.
“Ah! Unnie~ don’t do things like that! It scares me!” The younger of the Kim sibling cried while the older just laugh at her.
“I hope I’m not intruding in your small talk…” Hyeyeon added as the laugher died down.
“Oh, aniyo! Not at all!” Taemin defensively said and Hyeyoon nodded next to him.
“If you two say so… But just remember Taeminnie, if you hurt my little sister, you’ll be dead. Even if your fans mob me for doing so…” Hyoyeon said with a serious face.
“E-eh? Noona ah… It’s not. Aniyo.” Taemin justified himself with matching hand gestures making Hyoyeon laugh.
“Unnie~!” Hyeyoon barked blushingly.
“I know… I know… I was just messing with you two! Go on with your talk then, while I claim that dance floor.” The older girl stated, turning around to walk in the dance floor with Yoona.

“Well, that was unexpectedly great!” Yoona commented earning a nod and ‘Yeses’ from her group mates. 
“We should do it often then! We could get together once in a while doing this kind of things!” Krystal suggested, and just like the former, gotten another round of affirmation and nods.
“We will. But now, we need to get down to business again…” 
“Let’s get back to our positions shall we?” Donghae commanded the dancers who conformed without questions.
“Let’s start…” Hyukjae asked and Hyeyoon pressed the play button of the CD player.
----------------------------------------

It was Monroe’s second cup of hot chocolate when IU, Seulong of 2AM and Joon of MBLAQ arrived at the coffee shop where she was.

“Annyeong haseyo! Sorry for making you wait so long.” IU greeted her, smiling in front of the two boys that they will be having a duet with.
“Gwaenchanayo! Hello you too sunbaenims! Have you eaten yet?” She asked bowing down slightly to her seniors. 
“Ah, Monroe sshi. Don’t be too formal! Just call us normally, it’s okay.” Joon said patting Monroe’s shoulder, like an assurance.
“Ah, yes. That would be nice. Anyway, we four don’t have much gap in our ages right?” Seulong seconded Joon’s proposal.
“Ne~ and it’s just weird hearing someone calling me sunbaenim you know?” IU exclaimed, laughing.
“If that’s okay with you all then, let’s do it.” Monroe replied to the three of them.

“Why don’t we talk about ourselves first? So that, you know, we can be comfortable with each other?” Seulong suggested for the group’s first agenda.
“Sure. Why not?” Monroe responded.
“Yes. Let’s do something like that.” IU added to what the former said.
“Let’s start with Monroe then. After all, you’re the one fresh from debut.” Joon retorted next to the Arcanum’s co-leader and lead vocalist.
“Well, um… I’m Ga Ki Monroe. 20 years of age…”
“Oh! That makes me the youngest in the bunch still? Wah, I thought that you’re younger than I am! You look like you’re just 16 or something because of your cuteness!” IU commented making Monroe flustered a little.
“Aigoo. Thank you.” Monroe replied, keeping the smile in her face.
“Kyopta~!” Joon suddenly blurted out from the side creating the others to look at him.
“Oh, mianhae… Do move on.” The boy added, a sheepish smile plastered in his face.
“Ah, n-ne. Well, I was called as the ‘Aegyo Goddess’ by my members.”
“That explains everything then!” Seulong noted sitting beside IU.
“I guess so. Well, I’m in charged for the part of lead vocals and co-leader for our group since I am the second oldest from all 7 of us.”
“It’s official then!” Joon uttered out of nowhere again.
“What is it?”
“I’m officially the president of your new formed fan club.” The boy said, standing up in front of Monroe as he did a ‘Superman’ pose.
“Ah~ Kamsahamida!” Monroe exclaimed bowing embarrassedly to Joon’s sudden declaration. 
“Wah~ this is just epic! A special stage preparation turned declaration!” Seulong uttered.
“Kyopta~!!!” Was just the only word that IU can say from the scene.