I'm Always There for You

Can't Let You Go

 

Yoona stepped out of the clothing store, holding a bag full of clothesshe had bought for Sunny and herself. It was late, 10:45 to be exact. The city was dark and cold. Nobody was on the streets and most of the lamp posts were flickering. Yoona grew scared, but she kept on walking. She had to get home one way or another.

She passed an alley where a gang had gathered. They noticed the frightened girl walking past. Watching her with lust, the leader began to follow her. Soon, the entire gang surrounded her and she stopped. The leader smirked and came closer to Yoona. She couldn't help but to shriek as the guy came closer and closer to her.

Around the corner, Jaehyo, sitting on the curb, throwing his cigaretteon the ground, heard a girl shriek. He stood, thinking how worthless it would be if he actually checked. He sat back down, but heard the
shriek again. He heard a girl yell out, "Help! Somebody help!"

Yoona. He'd recognize her voice anywhere. He instantly stood and sprinted towards the continuous shriek.

Searching and searching, he finally found her. Seeing her surrounded by a gang, his eyes widened in horror and shock. "Get away from her!" he yelled and raced towards the gang.

The leader saw Jaehyo and laughed along with the rest of the gang. "You honestly think you could be the hero and save her?" the leader asked and continued to crack up. Jaehyo took a step towards him throwing a punch at his face. Yoona gasped, was Jaehyo really saving her?

After Jaehyo finished off most of the gang, the rest ran off. Jaehyo took a glance at Yoona, she look terrified. Jaehyo sighed, "What were you thinking? Wandering the streets at 10? Don't you know how
dangerous that is? This isn't home, it's not safe and people aren't nice to eachother. Now, go before you get into more trouble." Without another word, he his heel and headed towards the curb he sat at.

Yoona's face grew red. That was the first time he ever scolded her. She wouldn't let him just scold her and leave. Who does he think he is?

She ran up and blocked his view. Stuttering, she spoke, "Hey, what makes you think you can just scold me and leave? Don't you have any manners?"

Jaehyo was taken aback. "Is she forgetting that I saved her? She could have gotten ," he thought.

"I mean I know you saved me and all, and I thank you for that. But also, you're being so cold. Did you all of a sudden turn bi-polar?" Yoona asked. It took her a while, but she finally found the nerve to say what she had to. She had second thoughts, however, shaking her head she took it back, "Never mind, you're right, I should've been more careful. I'll, I'll just go then." Pushing past Jaehyo, she began to walk home.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Later on, while walking home, she felt a figure lurking behind her. Cautiously turning around, she realized... It was Jaehyo and jumped.

"Jaehyo! Y-you scared me. What are you doing anyways? Stalking me?" Yoona nervously questioned. "You're right," Jaehyo answered. Yoona lifted an eyebrow, "About?" "About me being so cold and rude to you," Jaehyo finished. He sighed, "I thought maybe I could... Walk you home."

Yoona was shocked. "Oh, well that’s very... Thoughtful of you, thanks," she said and gave him a small smile. He nodded and they began to walk together, side by side this time.

After a while of quietness, Jaehyo spoke, "So, how's life?" Yoona took a moment to think of the right words to say. "It's good, college's really a handful. But other than that, yeah it's going pretty well,"
she fibbed. Things were a wreck. She missed her friends, her family, and most of all... She missed Jaehyo.

She missed his arms wrapped around her and the sensation of being safe and secure. She missed his lips, pressed against her own. But most of all she missed his dreamy brown eyes looking into hers and the sound of his voice when he said 'I love you' to her. She missed it all.

She turned towards Jaehyo. "So what about you?" she asked hoping he wouldn't hear her heart rapidly beating and noticing her palms sweating. "Mine's alright, I guess. I mean I have no roommate so most
of the time, I'm alone," Jaehyo told. Yoona felt bad for him, Jaehyo was all alone.

They continued to talk until they reached Yoona and Sunny's apartment. "Well, um, we're here," Yoona stated. She turned towards Jaehyo, "Thank you for walking me home Jaehyo." She gave him a smile which made his face lighten and his heart race. "You’re welcome," he quickly said back. "So um, after everything that's happened, maybe we could be friends?" Yoona suggested.

Jaehyo stood there; he couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Yoona actually wanted to be ... Friends? He smiled, for the first time in a while. "I'd really like that," he said, his smile growing even bigger. Yoona smiled back, she saw the light in back in his eyes.

"So, I guess I'll be going now," Yoona said and motioned towards the door. Jaehyo nodded. Opening the door and stepping in, Yoona took a glance at Jaehyo. He was still staring at her, she smiled and waved.
Jaehyo immediately waved back. He closed his eyes, picturing her smile once more. That smile that made his heart stop, that smile that made him smile as well, that smile he missed.

That night Jaehyo lay in his bed with a smile swept across his face. Closing his eyes and falling asleep, he dreamt of Yoona, still smiling.