Graduation Party

Can't Let You Go

 


Yoona stood in front of her bathroom mirror brushing her hair and tying it into a bun. Wearing her midnight blue cropped dress and black heels, she couldn't wait for her graduation party tonight. It was at Tiffany's
house. Although they weren't close friends, Tiffany was incredibly sweet and invited everybody.

Yoona heard a honking of a car outside. She took a quick glanceoutside her window and saw her friends, Jessica and Taeyeon in Jessica's car waiting picking her up.

She grabbed her clutch bag and rushed down the stairs only to run into her mom.

"Oh, Yoona honey. Well, I'm glad I caught you before you left. Just remember to be safe and be home by midnight," her mom reminded her. Yoona nodded and hugged her mom. "I will, you don't have to worry."

She ran outside and opened the door into the back seat of the little red car Jessica got for her 18th birthday. She took one last glance at her house and the car drove off.

"So Yoona, are you excited about tonight?" Taeyeon asked from the passenger seat. She wore a bright pink top and tight skinny jeans with black boots and her hair tied. Jessica, however, wore a white mini skirt and a light blue tank top with a little black shrug and flats with her hair in curls.

Yoona smiled and nodded, "Uh, very excited. I'm going to miss everyone though, especially you guys. Going to Seoul University, that's definitely something to celebrate about whereas I am going to Busan
University with Sunny and I'm never going to see you guys."

"Aw, Yoona its okay, we'll visit!" Taeyeon mentioned. The girls continued to discuss about college until they reached the front of Tiffany's mansion.

It was huge! Big open windows nearly covered the entire front of her house. She had a beautiful garden spread across the front lawn with many colorful flowers. Her driveway was packed with cars. Yoona saw numerous people entering the house. She felt kind of nervous; she hasn't been to a party in so long. But, she kept her confidence.

The girls entered the mansion which was packed with a lot their classmates. Tiffany appeared in front of them wearing a strapless lime green party dress.

"Yoona! Jessica! Taeyeon! You guys made it!" Tiffany cheered and gave them all hugs. "Well the bathrooms are there," she said pointing at the door in the corner, "And the bedrooms are off limits. But remember to have fun and party hard, but not too hard," she reminded and gave the girls a wink. She trailed off to the next set of guest.

The girls scattered to the refreshment tables. Each grabbing a cup of punch, Yoona and Jessica decided to walk around and explore the party (And Tiffany's enormous home). Taeyeon, however, chose to flirt with Woo Jiho, her crush since 10th grade. "Gosh, I can't tell you how many times that girl has ogled over Jiho," Jessica teased and giggled.

Yoona and Jessica walked all over Tiffany's ginormous mansion. It was packed with all the seniors and some college students. She and Jessica took a bunch of pictures. Jessica adored all the pictures of Tiffany as a child. "She had the cutest cheeks!" Jessica squealed picking up a picture of Tiffany and took a picture of that photograph.

Tiffany had such a gorgeous home, chandeliers in every room, flowers and wall decor everywhere, all with the fabulous smell of vanilla. Yoona's favorite. Tiffany had huge self portraits and family pictures
all over the walls of her house.

They headed back to the front of the house. Suddenly, Yoona noticed a boy at the door, a familiar-looking boy with brown hair and brown eyes wearing a leather jacket and a white tee.

It was ... Jaehyo. Yoona had to admit, wearing his leather jacket, he did look pretty nice. Also his hair was messy but it had that y touch to it. She stared at him and kept staring at him until Jessica smacked her arm.

"Ahh, Jessica!" Yoona shouted and rubbed her arm. "What? You were practically drooling," Jessica pointed and Yoona blushed. "Yoona, if you still like him, just go up and tell him. You know he misses you. He's always staring at you too," Jessica stated, but Yoona shook her head. "I'm not going up to him. He's the one who should apologize, whichhe never did. And I'll seem like a desperate creep if I do." Yoona sighed, "I don't know I just... I'm going to college in a week and the chances of us ever meeting again after tonight is extremely thin. There's no point now." Jessica nodded in understood what Yoona was saying.

 "Alright, I know how you feel. But let's just enjoy all the time we have before Taeyeon and I take off for Seoul tomorrow, okay?" Yoona rapidly nodded her head. She only had little time with her friends, of
course she was going to make moments like this count.

 Soon enough, Yoona, Jessica, and Taeyeon all were dancing on the dance floor Tiffany had installed in her house. Laughing, they did funny dances and enjoyed eachother. This night actually was getting
better for Yoona. It got her mind off Jaehyo.

A slow song came up and everybody groaned. Only a handful of students were actually in a relationship and could dance to this song shamelessly. Yoona and Jessica left the floor, but Taeyeon stayed and danced with Jiho. Yoona and Jessica giggled and Jessica brought her camera out and started taking pictures of Taeyeon and Jiho together.

"Taeyeon's gonna keep these forever," Jessica said and Yoona laughed. She had some crazy friends, but together, they had crazy moments like this one.

When the song ended, everyone (including Jessica and Yoona) got back on the floor and started dancing to the mixes. Yoona and Jessica continued dancing as they did but Jiho and Taeyeon started grinding. "She's gonna remember this moment for a long time," Yoona shouted into Jessica's ear and laughed. Jessica shook her head, "She sure is."

The party was amazing! Yoona, Jessica, and Taeyeon had the time of their lives, although, only one person was unsatisfied. Jaehyo. He stood at the corner watching Yoona having fun the entire time. Watching her smile, watching her forget about him. She had every right to. He did her wrong and he regretted it. And he will regret it, for the rest of his life.

Yoona's phone vibrated in her clutch. "! 11:50! I gotta get home. My mom said midnight," Yoona notified Jessica. She nodded and dragged Yoona to come with her to look for Taeyeon.

They finally found her, but she was making out with Jiho. Both girls grinned and laughed as they shot for Taeyeon and announced that they had to leave. Jiho spoke up for her, however, "Don't worry, I'll take
Taeyeon home." He shot both girls his award-winning smile. Yoona and Jessica nodded. "Alright Taeyeon, be safe," Yoona reminded and gave her a wink. She dragged Jessica to her car and they headed home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona got home and felt exhausted. After showering and cleaning up, Yoona laid on her bed. Closing her
eyes, only 3 words came upon her mind. Best Party Ever. She closed her eyes and peacefully fell asleep. It’s a night to remember.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It was 2 a.m. and Jaehyo finally left Tiffany's house. He went to her party, only to take one last look at Yoona before he left for college. 'Goodbye Yoona', the words he never had said to her. He hasn't even apologized, but he couldn't anymore. He wished he did, but it was too late. He deeply sighed and sat on his bed. "I love you Yoona, and I'm going to miss you. And I'm sorry," those words came across his mind. Those words he wish he had said to Yoona when he had the chance to. He was leaving for college tomorrow, with his heart still broken.