Surprise!

Can't Let You Go

Yoona sat in Sunny's car. Looking out the window and yawning with butterflies in her stomach she tried to keep calm. It’s her first day of college, which she waited years and years for this experience. She was nervous as ever.

They arrived and Yoona slowly stepped inside. She took a deep breath and looking at her schedule, headed to her class. She gave Sunny a wave goodbye and took in another breath.

Her class, however, was nearly empty, only a handful of students showed up. Checking her watch, she realized she was early, way too early. She took a seat and opened her laptop placing it onto the desk.

A while later, students started piling in. No one she noticed, unfortunately. The teacher, Mr. Choi, was the last behind the pool of students. He was a tall man wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase. Exactly five minutes into the introduction/lecture Yoona, along with the rest of the class, instantly fell asleep.

The class jumped when the door swung open and a boy stepped in. Yoona, however, was too tired to even look back so she continued to doodle into her notebook.

"Ah, late again are we Mr. Ahn?" Mr. Choi called across the entire room. "Sorry I overslept," a familiar voice replied. Still Yoona didn't look back. The possibility of Jaehyo attending this college was nearly impossible. "Jaehyo, that's always the excuse isn't it?" Mr. Choi asked. Yoona's eyes widened, Ahn Jaehyo? Here? No, that was impossible, but Yoona just had to give in and look back.

There he was with the same soft, brown hair and brown eyes. The same sweatshirt he had for years. He was still wearing huge sneakers and his hair was still messy with that y touch. Yoona gasped. She couldn't believe what was before her very eyes, Jaehyo, her ex, the guy who cheated on her. The guy who... She still loved, a lot attending the same college as she.

"Well Jaehyo there is an available seat next to our new student Yoona," Mr. Choi stated and nodded towards Yoona. Her heart started racing and her hands started sweating.

Without another word, Jaehyo treaded towards the seat next to Yoona and sat. Avoiding his gaze, she tried to focus on Mr. Choi's boring lecture. Jaehyo glanced at Yoona's doodle of a lily and smirked. Those were her favorite flowers, Jaehyo remembered. He remembered everything.

Yoona, however, was wondering if he was as shocked as she was. She wondered if he noticed her blushing or her racing heart, although, inside, he was just as shocked to see Yoona, but he kept quiet. He wasn't good at hiding his feelings, but he tried. He sat there, his straight face making it look like he was angry, gave Yoona the wrong impression.

An hour later (it felt like forever), class was dismissed. Jaehyo immediately stood and angrily raced towards the door. Yoona sat there, dumbfounded. Why was he being so cold to her? He did her wrong. What was his problem? Shaking away the thought, she closed her laptop shoving it back into her bag and walked out of the classroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day, Yoona and Jaehyo constantly ran into eachother. By lunch, Jaehyo sat alone. Sitting and Sunny's table gave Yoona a clear view of Jaehyo. Yoona couldn't keep her eyes off. She felt bad for him. He sat there with those headphones in his ears and staring blankly at the table.


Sunny noticed Yoona's staring and followed her gaze toward Jaehyo. Sunny's eyes widened. "Yoona, is that...?" Sunny questioned. Yoona said nothing; she slowly nodded, not taking her eyes off Jaehyo.

Yoona wished she could approach him and fall back into his arms with her face buried in his chest and him her hair. The image of the two of them appeared into her mind. Seeing Jaehyo like this, made Yoona want to cry. He had nobody. His miserable face only made Yoona's heart sink.

She couldn't eat seeing Jaehyo like this. She kept her eyes on Jaehyo the entire time. Not even touching her food. When lunch ended, she threw out her full tray of food. Sunny noticed Yoona's quietness and her focus entirely on Jaehyo. Sunny sighed, she couldn't stand her best friend being down and depressed like so. She had to cheer Yoona up, one way or another.

Yoona actually wasn't down. She hid her feelings from everyone. She acted like everything was okay, even though things were far from that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaehyo sat on his couch. In his dorm room where he was alone, he didn't have a roommate, let alone friends. After the tragedy with Yoona, his life had gone downhill.

He had trouble in everything. He closed his eyes, thinking back to the time where things were simple and the world was happy, he was happy. He placed his hand in his hurting heart; he couldn't take the pain any longer. But he just had to endure it. Closing his eyes, he tried and tried to sleep it off, but he couldn't.

He grew more and more frustrated. His adrenaline kicking in, he got up and looked at his reflection in the mirror, thinking back to that night, seeing Yoona's reaction and the tears. He remembered how he felt, how his heart shattered. The memory of it all made him hate himself.

Once again, he stared at his reflection. Ahn Jaehyo, the guy who broke Yoona's heart. He couldn't even stand himself. He couldn't take it, he raised his fist and punched his reflection and the mirror shattered. His looked at his hand which was excruciating pain, but he didn't care. As tears began to fall, and his heart burned, all he could think about was Yoona. Yoona, the one and only girl he ever loved. Yoona, the girl he hurt. Yoona, the girl who he wish could be in his arms again. He wished he could hold her one last time, but he couldn't.

He sat back down on his couch, staring at his feet, thinking about Yoona. Thinking about her smile, her eyes, that warm feeling he gets when they're together. He missed all of that. He missed her.