Chapter 6

Chasing Love

 

 

Seohyun noticed that Minhyuk had been giving her weird glances as she kept on checking her phone from time to time. Her twin brother, who was assigned in Busan for his new project, visited and spent quality time with her at the apartment that weekend. They decided to cook crab stew for dinner. Krystal, their childhood friend and a fashion consultant, decided to join them but will be minutes late since she just came out from her office in Insadong. Seohyun knew that the two shared something beyond friendship and both were acting fools not to admit it themselves. But she was more preoccupied with something else, no, rather by someone else; Jung Yonghwa. After their one-day escapade in New Caledonia, Yonghwa dropped her on her place planting a soft kiss on her forehead. They didn’t talk about anything. Nothing was cleared out. No relationship label was being discussed. Seohyun, on her part was pretty confused as well if she really liked Yonghwa or not. She didn’t know too if she should trust him, who was a well-known playboy. What she knew in her heart that Yonghwa made her happy. It had been a week since their last communication. She didn’t receive any texts or calls from him. Whether he was serious when he said he liked her, she really didn’t know. Theirs was so vague and she was afraid to read beyond what they have that time.

“Aish jinja!” Seohyun got startled when Minyuk suddenly dropped the knife.

“What’s wrong?”

“You. What’s wrong with you?” She suddenly realized that her brother had been observing her since she stepped out from the room. Seohyun sighed and looked at him. Of course, Minhyuk would know if she had problem or not for they’re twins.

“Nothing.” She smiled and gave him an assuring look. “I’m okay Minhyuk~ah. I was just thinking about the work.”

“Are you really resigning?”

“Who’s resigning?” They were both surprised when Krystal came in holding her bag. Minhyuk looked at his twin sister. “You should change the password because burglars might enter here.” And just startled again when Krystal hugged his back.

“Stop being the teeny whiny Minhyukkie. I miss you.” Krystal pressed her cheeks more on Minhyuk’s back. Seohyun wanted to laugh because her brother was freaking blushing and looked lost. She stood from her seat and put on her cap.

“Okay lovers. I’ll get some ice cream for us.” Minhyuk gasped and tried to correct her. “We’re not---“

“Yay! Ice cream it is! Thank you eonni.”

Seohyun saluted and made her way to the nearest convenient store. She chuckled when she heard how Minhyuk was telling Krystal to let go and the latter seemed not following him. Sometimes, she should try whacking his little head for being so insensitive or too stupid to do the first move. She knew Minhyuk felt the same for Krystal. She shook her head because she realized that they were so alike.

**

She was holding a plastic bag containing their favorite vanilla ice cream while walking back toward her apartment when a car suddenly stopped on her side. She didn’t recognize the driver and was so surprised to see that it was Kris.

“Seohyun~ah…”

“What brought you here?” Kris looked at her and smiled when he noticed she was wearing her favorite pink baggy pants. So Seohyun.

“I came to see you of course.”

“See me? Like ex-lovers seeing each other?”

“Seohyun~ah, I’m sorry.”

“Forget it Kris. I’m so done with it. “ Seohyun knew she wasn’t lying. She felt her heart and there was no more bitterness towards him. “Are you still seeing Juniel~ssi?”

“Yes. And she will soon debut in China so I decided to move back there.” Kris bit his lips and looked at her thoughtfully. “I really came here to say goodbye.”

A warm smile appeared on Seohyun’s lips. “I’m happy for Juniel because I know you love her. But I don’t want to say goodbye though. So, see you again Kris?”

Kris stepped forward and grabbed her for a hug. She patted his head like what she used to do before. “Thank you Seohyun~ah. I’ll see you again too.”

They both broke from their embrace when shrieking wheels pulled away from the area. Seemed like the driver was insanely mad. Seohyun thought it was Yonghwa’s car but shook her head for she knew Yonghwa will never bother to visit her there. Kris bid his goodbye once again and Seohyun waved happily. She was grateful that finally, she moved on from him.

**

Two days passed and there were still no news from Yonghwa. She wanted to text or call him first but she was afraid that he might reject it. On the third day, she was so surprised to see his personal assistant outside her apartment holding a big box with him. She recognized the man for he was with them in New Caledonia and Yonghwa introduced him to her.

“Annyeong haseyo Miss. I hope I’m not disturbing you.”

“Annyeong haseyo. You’re not and call me Seohyun please.”

“Aniyo. My master told me to call you Miss. By the way, I just wanted to give you this invitation and your dress and shoes for the event.”

Seohyun looked confused so Jaesuk gestured her to open the letter. It said there that Yonghwa’s throwing a party and she was invited. Seohyun looked at him. “Where is he?”

“My master is busy with his practice now. He also wanted you to wear this.”

Seohyun gasped upon opening the box and saw a thin-strapped deep red gown. Jaesuk also gave her the shoes and jewelry perfectly matched for the occasion. “I can’t take this.”

“I hope you understand that my master doesn’t want you to reject his gift.”

“But this is too much!”

“You are his girl so that’s normal.”

“I’m not his woman!” Both of them were surprised with Seohyun’s reaction. She sighed. “I’m sorry but can you take this back?Please. “

Jaesuk bowed respectfully. “I’m sorry Miss but it’s for you. I’m just following orders.”

Seohyun was still in dazed even after Yonghwa’s assistant left. She was so confused. Yonghwa wasn’t contacting her for more than a week and now, showering her with gifts and inviting her to his own party. “Just what are you up to Jung Yonghwa?”