Chapter 1

Chasing Love

 

“Eonni you can’t do this to me!”

Seohyun’s loud complain reverberated on the four wall sophisticated room causing the woman who was busy flipping the pages of a magazine to stop.  Victoria, their editor-in-chief and her boss, looked at her.

“Eonni?I told you to call me Ma’am when you’re here Seo Joohyun.”

“Aish! That’s nonsense now. I will not take this project.”

Victoria sighed and stood from her seat. She went to the small bar beside her table and took a bottle of wine.

“Want some?”

“Victoria~ssi!”

“Okay. Tell me your problem then.”

“I don’t have any problem. It’s just that I need some space from this work!”

“I see. So take this project and I’ll give you that space then. “

“No. You’ll give that vacation with no condition or I’ll resign.” 

Victoria stared blankly into the windows where she could see the skyscraper. She knew that Seohyun was giving her a choice that was never been a choice. No one would try to read between the lines because it was pretty obvious that she needed Seohyun more than the latter needed the job. She was their best feature writer in Vogue Korea. There were magic in her words somehow, that even those good for nothing egotistic artists would agree to do the interview if she was the one who will do it. Seohyun had that undeniable charm but she didn’t want to acknowledge that. She always used her famous line, “Let’s get over it and done.”  But this particular project had been one of Victoria’s greatest dreams since she started filling her position as editor-in-chief. She wanted to fulfil that before she tied the knot with business tycoon and debonair Shim Changmin; and she badly needed her, Seohyun. She turned towards the writer.

 “Remember the time when you told me that you will grant me one wish since I helped you out with Minhyuk’s case? I’m asking it now.”

Seohyun gasped when the thought doomed her. Minhyuk, her twin brother got into a fight with a notorious son of a high-edge politician in his school when he was still in college. The guy was like almost a lost case when her brother and his friends fought back. As a result, Minhyuk nearly couldn’t graduate and worst was, he would be imprisoned but through Victoria, who had been her closed friend since high school and with her boyfriend’s influence, the politician let go of her brother. After that, Minhyuk promised to be good and became an architect.

Victoria guiltily looked at Seohyun and stopped at her back and touched her shoulders.

“I’m sorry Seohyun~ah. Honestly, I don’t want to ask any favor from you using that reason but… but I need this project. This will be the last time that I’ll be bothering you but please, do it for me.”

Seohyun closed her eyes and breathed deeply. She stood from her seat and drank the remaining wine from Victoria’s glass awhile ago. Then she looked at her boss with a sign of defeat.

“Fine.  I’ll do this project and after that, you will let me go. “

“Ne---“

“Another thing, give me a photographer who’s not Kris. Don’t ask me the reason because I know you knew about it.”

“Ahrasseo.”

Seohyun picked her knapsack and moved towards the door. She was holding the doorknob when she remembered something.

“Don’t want to go here anymore. Send me the details of that person on my email.  I want  Kwangsoo as my assistant and make some arrangements first before I go there. “

Victoria pouted upon hearing those things,“Seohyunnie, you don’t have to tell me those. “

“But still. And eonni, stop pouting. Only Shim Changmin is affected to that… not me or anyone else. “ She rolled her eyes and left the room.

“Yah! Seo Joohyun!

 

**

Seohyun threw her bag on the couch and went straight to the kitchen to get some water.  She settled herself on the soft cushion and lifted her legs on the center table. She never imagined that she would use that kind of tone to Victoria. They had been like sisters since her father left them for another woman and their mother, who didn’t know what to do back then, asked Victoria’s family to babysit them for a day while she was looking for a job, but just like any cliché stories, their mother didn’t come back. Fortunately, their instant foster parents were so kind to feed them and sent them to finish high school. But Seohyun and Minhyuk, knew that they didn’t have the obligation to send them too in college (even if they insisted) so they both worked and hauled their asses off to get a scholarship. When he got into that trouble, Seohyun didn’t know what to do but Victoria helped her out. She got lots of debts of gratitude to pay to her eonni but Victoria would always tell her that there’s no need of paying those. It was the first a while ago and Seohyun knew her boss was just desperate. She took her laptop and opened her email. As expected, efficient Victoria already sent her the details about the interview. She read thoroughly about the interviewee’s profile and one eyebrow went high when she reached the line..

HE NEVER ACCEPTED INTERVIEWS ON ANY ENTERTAINMENT SHOWS AND EVEN DO MAGAZINES COVERS.

Seohyun chuckled, “Such a big jerk.. so full of himself.”

Victoria also sent her some recent photos of her assignment. She knew the guy. JUNG YONGHWA. The very famous car racer in Korea who’s competing around the world and always getting the gold medal. He got the looks, body, fame and charisma that women drooled on him. There were also rumors spreading about him as a playboy; jumping in and out of the relationship from models, singers, actress, call all the in this world. But one thing that people wondered about him was that, he didn’t want to talk to any entertainment press people. Yes, he was already covered in news and magazines but those were for sports section. He once said on a presscon, “I’m a racer not a celebrity.” Seohyun smirked. She didn’t like men of his kind. She knew that Vogue wanted to be the first entertainment mag to feature Yonghwa but she didn’t expect that the assignment will be given to her. How did they call it? Magic? Charm? Seohyun couldn’t understand what they were talking about but she knew she got the patience and wit fit for the job. She closed her laptop and leaned her body into the couch and massaged her temple. This will be the last time she’ll do this job. She loved writing and chasing those egotistic people for an interview but she came to a point where the job was no longer giving her air to breathe. Blame it to Kris, her ex-boyfriend/former photographer/an . Their one year relationship was going smoothly when their last assignment, torn them apart. Kris, just like what he told her, fell in love with the upcoming musician, Juniel. The girl was sweet and lady-like and maybe, that’s the reason why he fell into her charms. Well, she was exactly the opposite. Her usual get-up was tattered pants, sneakers, body hugging sleeveless but covered with lose checkered polo shirts. Okay, her officemates call them her ‘uniform’.  Seohyun suddenly winced when she felt that throbbing pain again. She needed sleep and will think about that work tomorrow.  

 

 

A/N: Annyeong yeorobon! Keerohearttammy is back in Gofics! I promised last time that the next chaptered story that I'll write will center about Yongseo. Tadan! Promises are meant to be kept, ne? I wanted to create a story with Yonghwa and Seohyun as singers but then again, I'll just remain that plot on my one-shots. I would say that I'm not expecting anything from you guys. I just want you to read and enjoy. To those who waited for my next story, thank you. I love you people! *hugsyouall*

 

 P.S.

I'll post the next update within this week.. don't worry..kukuku ^^