Chapter 2

Chasing Love

 

 

Phone was ringing like twenty times that morning but Yonghwa was taking his glorious time in the shower and disregarded the call though seemed to be urgent. Jae Suk, his personal assistant shook his head and placed the coffee on the table. As much as he wanted to take it, he couldn’t because basically, it was on his personal line. He sighed in relief when his master emerged from the bathroom wearing only a towel wrapped on his waist. He was holding another one and used it on dying his hair.

“Master, here’s your coffee. The phone has been ringing non-stop since this morning. I wonder if you heard it.”

“I didn’t sleep here Ahjussi.”

“You were in the music room again? But master…”

“Stop worrying. I was at the guest room. I know Siwon hyung will be calling again so I stayed there.” Yonghwa uttered while sipping his coffee.

“Don’t you have a race two months from now?”

Instead of answering his question, Yonghwa asked, “Did Lee Joon call Ahjussi? I’m expecting him today.”

“He did. He said you could drop by in his studio first.”

Yonghwa nodded and that’s a cue for Jaesuk to leave the room. His master never wanted him to prepare his things. He chose his own clothes to wear and even if he’s a man, Jaesuk knew that Yonghwa was definitely handsome; one of the things why women kept on chasing him. When he remembered the last call he received yesterday, Jaesuk shook his head and reminded himself to change their house number once again. He didn’t know where they got that information because for sure, Yonghwa didn’t give it but he wanted to lecture himself too that those women are high-edge, with looks and money but to no avail, Yonghwa didn’t fall on their charms. 

**

Clad with black jeans paired with white Burberry shirt and shades, Yonghwa drove his orange Lamborghini Reventon away from their big mansion. He opted to have fun that day and Lee Joon would be his best buddy. Well, Lee Jonghyun, his other bestfriend, was busy preparing for his wedding. Yonghwa smirked when he remembered how frantic the man was. His happy expression vanished when he saw Siwon’s name on his phone. He decided to take it.

“JUNG YONGHWA!” Yonghwa felt the stinging pain from the loudest shout maybe his manager could give to him.

“Hyung…”

“Where are you? I’ve been calling you since this morning and you’re not answering it!”

“Hyung, I need my vacation. If this is about the practice, I’ll go there next week.”

“This isn’t about your race. THIS IS ABOUT THE INTERVIEW!”

“Okay. I heard it but did I tell you that I will not take it? You know me.”

Yonghwa wanted to laugh hard when Siwon lowered down his voice after telling his intention.

“Yonghwa~yah, just give it at least this once. I mean, it’s Vogue Korea who will feature you… so at least do it.”

“Shiro.”

“Yonghwa~yah, I owe Changmin hyung a lot and he wasn’t asking me for anything except this one.”

Yonghwa sighed and thought for a while.

“Okay.”

“Okay? As in you will do it?” He could sense Siwon’s excitement.

“Okay, I’ll consider it.  It depends on the interviewer though. If she’s y, beautiful…

“Ne!Ne! Of course, VK will send one amazing pretty girl.”

“I don’t settle for pretty. I want a goddess. “

Then he shut his phone and turned right to Joon’s apartment.

 

**

Seohyun was beyond pissed off. Victoria called her only to tell that Jung Yonghwa considered the interview if and only if he’ll like the interviewer himself. Her boss even carefully advised her to wear a dress, make-up and heels because that big jerk was obviously expecting that aura but for Seohyun, no, for a rebellious Seohyun, she drove towards the location wearing her ‘uniform’. She parked her car and took her bag from the backseat and altered her steps towards Mr. Siwon Choi’s office in Gangnam. The latter was Yonghwa’s manager. The receptionist gave her a disapproving look upon seeing her get-up but guided Seohyun towards a room after throwing a glare to the staff.  Then she saw a man busy talking to someone on the phone. She could sense from his back profile that he was good-looking. The guy finished the call before turning around. He quickly approached Seohyun with a large smile. He offered his hand for a shake.

“Hi! I’m Choi Siwon from 24 Hours of Le Mans. Are you the photographer from 1st Look?

Seohyun took the handshake before correcting the guy. “Im Seohyun from Vogue Korea. I came here for an interview with Mr. Jung Yonghwa.”

Siwon was surprised to see a girl with a charming face yes, but wearing jeans,  white fitted sleeveless topped with a dark blue checkered polo shirts and to make it complete, an old Chucks.

“Is there something wrong Mr. Choi?”

“No. I mean, you’re Seohyun right? One of the best writers in Vogue?”

“I guess so. Anyway, where is Yonghwa~ssi?”

Siwon pointed the black adjacent room. “That’s his haven whenever he’s here. It’s totally open so you can enter immediately. I think Yonghwa is taking shower right now.”

“Thank you so much Mr. Choi.” Seohyun bowed respectfully and walked towards the door. Siwon was left startled and amazed with the confident Seohyun showed. Well, as one of the heads of Le Mans, usually people got intimidated by his presence.

“I think you’ll soon find your match Yonghwa.” He smirked and called his secretary. He needed to attend his own photoshoot in 1st Look.

**

Seohyun opened the adjacent room and softly gasped when different collections of toy cars appeared on her sight. By just one glimpse, she knew they were all costly. She also saw some trophies in the other side. She walked towards the table and saw a book. It’s And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini. She didn’t expect that a racer who surely just made his way of showing off and dating girls will read this.

“Who are you?”

Seohyun was startled and dropped the book. Thunderstruck, there weren’t any words came out from her. There, Jung Yonghwa emerged from the bathroom and as as the day he was born! Water dripping all over his beautiful body, from his muscled chest down to his groin. Her lips parted in surprise. This guy was definitely an artwork.  An epitome of male perfection!

“Well… well..” Yonghwa smirked and slowly walked towards the cushion whre he left the towel. Taking his time reaching for it and wrapped it around his body. “Looks like I have a morning visitor…”

When Seohyun realized what just happened, she loudly shrieked. Yonghwa was so surprised with her actions and quickly covered with his hands.

“Yah! Yah! Stop it!”

“Let go of me! ert!”

“ert?!”

“I said let go of me!”

Yonghwa saw the lady fixing her hair and shirt after letting her go. “So who are you and why you’re screaming Miss as if I you?”

“Because what you did was disgusting! A bit of decency and reserve are the things I expected from you but I guess both words are foreign for you. Agh.. I should get out of here.” Before she could move forward, Yonghwa caught her arm and stopped her.

“Should I say sorry to you? Well, I have nothing else to hide. You’re the first woman who saw me without even taking you to bed. And you’re a virtual stranger for that matter. And whether you admit it or not, you gaze at it. “

“I was shocked!”

Yonghwa chuckled. “Who are you?”

“Fine. I’m from Vogue Korea and I’m here to talk to you about the interview. “

“Vogue?” Yonghwa’s eye roamed on her body from head to toe. “I’m expecting a goddess but---”

“Look. You don’t have to insult me because I’ll be leaving this place and no problem because I decline this interview myself. Goodbye.”

“Not so fast lady.” Yonghwa pushed her on the wall and trapped her with his one arm above her head. Seohyun was so surprised that his face was few centimeters away from her.

“I’m expecting a goddess but I found you instead. You got an interesting face Seohyun~ssi.”

Seohyun pushed him harder and picked her bag. She walked towards the door and told the guy without looking at him, “I’m not interested even if YOU find me interesting. “ and left the place.

Yonghwa chuckled. No woman told him that. That girl was surely different. He dialled a familiar number.

“Ahjussi, I want you to search some information about …”