Misfortune...maybe not.

Fake Love at First Crash

 

“Nyaa, this is so cool!” Janna exclaimed.

The girls are now “touring” the area around their hotel, one week after SHINee’s concert. Janna cleared her memory card and uploaded all her pictures in her laptop. It’s around lunchtime, and the girls were eating at a nearby restaurant. While eating, Janna was taking pictures of her kimchi.

“When are you gonna eat it?” Camille asked.

“Later! Haha I’m not sure if I want to eat it anyway, I don’t like spicy.”

“Then why’d you order it?’

“I don’t know…”

Rolling her eyes, Camille went back to eating her food.

Soon they were done, and they headed out. The girls were too busy chatting and having fun that they did not notice a car heading towards them as they crossed the sidewalk. Janna saw it first, but it was too late. The car had hit her leg and she fell to the ground. Luckily, the impact was not too harsh and it did not cause her to bleed. (Yes, a miracle ^^)

Upon the impact, Camille panicked. “Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh! Janna, are you alright?”

Janna felt lightheaded and then passed out.

The driver of the car parked it to the side, stepped out, and ran over to help the girls. ”Is she okay? I’m so sorry, I was not paying attention!” the driver said.

Camille looked up and gasped. ‘ This can’t be happening…No frigging way. ‘

(Guess who the driver was xDD) [A/N: For now he'll be called Driver]

“Cmon, I’ll take her to the hospital,” Driver said.

“Yes, you should! Now! ” Camille stammered.

Driver carried Janna to his car while Camille followed. There were quite a bunch of people gathered around them, but it was easy to maneuver around.

In the car, Camille spoke. “You know, if you removed those shades, and your windows weren’t so tinted, maybe this would not have happened.”

“Okay okay I get it. I’m sorry! I’m taking her to the hospital, isn’t that enough?”

“You’re so arrogant. And no, it is not enough. You nearly killed her, and you think taking her to the hospital is enough? Jerk.”

“What do you want me to do then?”

“It wouldn’t be anywhere near sincere if I told you to do something.”

Driver shook his head. ‘ Girls..so mean these days, ‘ he thought.

“Fame doesn’t entitle you to being such a heartless person,” Camille said.

Driver stopped the car, and turned to look at Camille. “You know who I am? Even with these shades?”

“Yes, I’m not stupid. And what are you doing, stopping the car? My friend is hurting here, and you care about your identity?”

Driver started the car and drove again. “What’s my name?”

“Kim Jonghyun, from SHINee,” Camille said.

“H-h-how did you know?” Jonghyun asked.

“For one, I am a Shawol, and so is my friend WHO IS HURTING RIGHT NOW. And two, we went to your concert last week.”

Soon enough, they got to the hospital and Janna was rushed to the ER. Camille and Jonghyun followed. It was very tense between the two, with Camille pissed at his arrogance, and Jonghyun surprised she knew who he was (‘ They don’t look Korean,’ he thought).

Finally, the doctor approached and told them his diagnosis. “It seems that she has sprained her right ankle, and will need to be hospitalized for about a week, so we can keep a close eye on her to make sure it doesn’t get worse.”

‘ Great, another week off from sightseeing. This .’ Camille said to herself.

Janna was next to them, sleeping.  Her leg was slightly raised and had a cast on it. Some nurses came up to them, wide-eyed (Jonghyun, of course) and told them that they were going to transfer Janna to a room on the upper floor. They followed, and when they got to the room, Camille said, “Sheesh, this trip to Korea has not been going well at all.”

Jonghyun looked at his watch and gasped. “Yaii, I’m late! We have rehearsal in half an hour!” he exclaimed.

“Oh so what? You’re just going to leave?” Camille asked.

“Yes, why?”

Camille glared.

“Sorry there’s rehearsal,” Jonghyun said, and walked out without another word.

**********************************************************************

Three hours later, Janna finally woke up. She looked around and asked, “What am I doing in here?”

Camille, who was reading a book, looked up and said, “Oh, you’re finally awake! How are you feeling?”

Janna sighed. “All right, I guess. Man why did this have to happen…”

“It’s okay, just get better faster. You’re not the rebellious type of patient, so this won’t be hard.”

“How bad is the injury?”

“Not bad, just a sprained ankle, and you fainted. The doctor said you’ll be hospitalized for a week so they can keep a close eye on you.”

“Whew, that’s good. By the way, who the freak did this to me?” she said, gesturing to her injured ankle.

“You don’t want to know,” Camille said, looking away.

“I HAVE to know, whether I like it or not, so I can slap that person silly!”

“You might want to reconsider that when you find out who hurt you.”

“Then tell me.”

“You might scream your head off,” Camille warned.

“TELL ME, DANGIT, OR I WILL SCREAM MY HEAD OFF!”

“It was Jonghyun.”

Janna scoffed. “Do you think I’m stupid? My brain has not been damaged in any way, okay?”

“Seriously! I’m not lying! Do you want me to call a nurse to make you believe me?”

Janna looked away.

Camille pressed the red button on the wall, and the nurse was coming straightaway. When the nurse came in the door, Camille noticed it was the same one that led them to this room.

“Miss nurse, will you tell this stubborn patient who I was with when we came here?” Camille asked.

The nurse stammered. “U-umm, it was Jonghyun-ah who came here earlier…”

Janna faced the two. “You’re serious?”

“Yes,” both Camille and the nurse said together.

Janna faced the ceiling and breathed. Camille dismissed the nurse and she left immediately. She walked over to Janna and said, “So, do you believe me now?”

Janna nodded in return. She shook her head in disbelief. It’s so hard to believe that JONGHYUN was the one who injured her. ‘ Of all the people, it had to be Jonghyun! ‘ she thought. ‘ How do I face him now? ‘

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Janna hid her face under the sheets and pretended to sleep. Camille stood up and opened it. Janna heard her gasp, and decided to keep her head under cover.

“She’s still asleep?” a voice said.

‘ Who the freak is this? ‘ Janna asked herself. After a few moments, she realized who it was. ‘ No!! No!! Get out! Waaahhhh, I don’t know what to say..’ she screamed in her head.

Camille looked at Janna. She got the vibe that Janna didn’t want to see him either.

“What does it look like? She’s awake?” Camille told him.

He scratched his head impatiently. “I’ll come back tomorrow,” he said and then left again without another word.

‘ Oh, so now you care, huh? ‘ Camille thought.

Janna lifted the sheets and said, “Thank you,” to Camille.

“Ehh, it’s alright. I’m pissed at him anyway. He was such an arrogant jerk in the car! He was like, ‘ Oh, I’m taking her to the hospital, isn’t that enough? ‘ Then I said ‘ No it’s not you , you nearly killed her! ‘ ” Camille explained.

Janna managed to laugh. “Haha, it’s okay. Maybe he couldn’t believe he actually did something wrong. You know, stars don’t like to harm their pride.”

“Good point, but still! He nearly killed you! It’s a miracle that you only got a sprained ankle.”

“Sigh, he’s coming back tomorrow? What am I supposed to do? Pretend to sleep again?”

“Just look pathetic, maybe his cold heart will soften at some point.”

“Yeah, I should do that, right? Be nice, but not TOO friendly, and not  mean at the same time.”

“Whatever you say,” Camille told her.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

I didn’t want Janna to die because her getting into an accident is the starting point of the story. Not much romance yet, but it will get there! Hope this was interesting enough ^^ Kamsahabnida!