Chapter 6

Destiny

Sunggyu POV 

I was heading to my car when Woohyun came running up to me. "Sunggyu hyung!" "Woohyun, hey! What's up?" "Okay, so you know the girl, Choi Kana?" "Yea, I do." "Right, so I'm pretty sure she's the only girl that has ever resisted me. Resisted ME." "Uh, okay?" "No! Not okay! That ruins my reputation! I need her to fall for me!" I shook my head. Woohyun was so ridiculous when it came to his girl obsession. I mean seriously, I don't even see why girls fall for his so called charms. It's just gross.

"Hyung! I need a favor. Can you come with me to the music store where she works?" I groaned. "Ah, wae? Can't you just go yourself?" "No..." "Fine fine. I don't want you using your gross bunny aegyo on me so let's go." He started jumping in joy and we went to the store. 

While we were walking I asked,"So why am I here again?" "You're going to give me a ride home after this." What?! I never agreed to that!" "But Hoya left already and there's no one to give a ride home!" "Then walk!" "Pleeeeease?" He pouted and did his aegyo. "Ew, stop. Please stop now." "Only if you give me ride home after this!" "Ugh, fine." Once again, he started jumping happily and I just kept walking towards the store. 

We entered and I immediately separated myself from this creepy ball of grease. I don't even know why I'm friends with him sometimes. I headed straight over to Sungjong and asked him if there were any albums that I might like on sale. Just then, a piano started playing Henry's "Trap" along with a voice so heavenly that I forgot Sungjong was there. It was a girl's voice and I immediately remembered that Kana works here. That's her voice? No wonder Woohyun wants her to like him so much. He's always been attracted to girls who could sing well. Right before the chorus could start, the music stopped and I came back to reality. I saw Woohyun talking to Kana but I couldn't see her face.

"Ahem." My eyes widened and I turned to look at Sungjong who had his arms crossed and was tapping his foot impatiently. "Ah, mianhae." "Geez, you ask me for something and then you completely ignore me! You may be a customer right now, but you're still my friend and I can kick you out. Regardless of the fact that you're my hyung." I scratched the back of my neck embarrassed and apologized. He pointed to a section of albums that he told me were on sale that I'd probably enjoy and I left to go find something right after thanking him.

I found a Girl's Generation album soon after without a price and I looked to see if there were any other employees around to help me. I found someone and tapped her on the shoulder. "Look, Woohyun-sshi, I'm not--" "Who said I was Woohyun?" She turned around surprised to see me and I was surprised it was her. "Mianhae. I thought you were your friend. Um, can I help with anything today?" she said. She was embarrassed and bowed. I chuckled at her...her...never mind. 

I completely forgot about the album I was holding at the moment and remembered her singing earlier.i remembered her question and nodded my head. "Actually, I'm curious as to how you arranged the piece you were just playing a minute ago." "Oh, well it really wasn't that difficult...I just watched Henry play the piano so many times and I listened to the song over and over again and I just figured it out from there." I stood in awe. "Wow, you're amazing." "Um, is that all you need today, sir?" "Do you mind if I could get a copy of your arrangement for one of my classes? Don't worry, I'll give you credit and everything, I just need something to present to the class..." She nodded her head and led me to the back room of the store.

She started making a copy of the music but she seemed slightly troubled. I was going to ask if she was okay when she said,"Um, Sunggyu-sshi...I, um, wanted to...apologize....for scolding you earlier...I know I didn't give you a chance to let you finish what you had to say...so if you want, you can...tell me what you wanted to say?" I stood there kind of shocked that she felt that way. This cold girl who is amazing at what she does is...apologizing to me. I broke out in a smile and said,"I just wanted to compliment you on your lyrics today and wondered if you wanted to be friends?" I looked at her dumbstruck face before she handed me the music and replied,"No." She walked out of the room and I just stood there.

Her expression went from some-what warm to cold, just like that. I was shocked and I realized what Woohyun and Hoya dealt with as well. This is the true form of an ice princess, I said to myself. And I only wanted to be friends with her! Geez...but I don't want to just give up like that...I mean, I should respect her wishes and all, but sooner or later she'll warm up to me? I walked out of the room slightly perplexed by this one girl.

I walked over to Sungjong to talk to him about Kana to see if he knew anything. "Hey, Sungjong, I was wondering--" "If it's about Kana-sshi I recommend you just stay away from her and give her the space she wants. I highly doubt she'll become your friend." "But why? Does she not like having friends or something?" "Well, no, but she doesn't want to be your friend." I glared at him. "Yah, what is that supposed to mean?" "You're popular with girls along with me and the rest of the Infinite gang. She's the lone ice princess. Why would she want the trouble of being bothered by crazy fangirls?"

I thought about it and he was right. How does he know all this stuff?! "How--" "I'm her friend. I know." "Well how come she can be your friend and not mine?!" He shrugged his shoulders. "We're also co-workers hyung. We kind of have to get along and we do." He then stuck his tongue out. This little punk. I punched his arm and walked out of the store, completely forgetting Woohyun or the album I had wanted. I drove home and my mission was now definitely set. I can't let that little punk have a one-up over me! I'm his hyung for goodness sake! I don't even know why this girl is so important. She's like a trophy that you just can't help but want to win. And I will win. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong everyone! Here's another update! Sorry it took so long >.< I've been having writers block. :( this chapter is....weird. Sorry! Writers block . Um, try to enjoy? Please comment and subscribe!!!