Chapter 1

Destiny

Kana POV 

Today is the first day of school at Woolim University. My first class of the day is choreography for my dance major. I've always liked making up new dances in my small apartment. Always by myself, and that's how I like it. Just me, myself and I, because more people means you're weak. "The more people in your life, the weaker you are," I would always tell my eonni. She would always just shake her head and laugh at me for how different I am compared to her. How different I am compared to everyone. An outcast.

I headed into my class and I see four other students already warming up. A lot less than I expected, but whatever. It's not that I'll talk to them anyway. I scan their faces and I recognize only one face: Hoya. He's in some friend group called Infinite. I only know him because all the girls talk about him and his friends. ALL of them. It's a bit annoying so I usually just block out what they say. Like I care for a group of guys.

I put down my bag and start stretching and warming up as well. The teacher finally arrived and told us to get in pairs. I, as usual, ended up alone, which I didn't mind in the least. We were to come up with ideas for a short three minute routine and then work it out to show the rest of the class. Perfect. Solitude is best for me. An hour went by and all five of us are working on the routine we'd set up. Finally, it's time to show the class. Hoya and the only other guy in my class did a hip-hop routine. Boy, were they good. Not just good, great. They were spot on, at least Hoya was. The other guy messed up a little and he seemed a bit upset, but it couldn't be helped. The two girls in my class went up and did a small ballet routine. They were average. Their poses were messy and they were slacking a little on their jumps. Now it was my turn.  I did a hip-hop routine as well, for hip-hop is my favorite to dance to. I started and immediately I went to my own little world of dancing, my world of perfect solitude. I hit everything I had choreographed perfectly and I couldn't have felt happier. To dance, it was my passion. I opened my eyes to the real world again, and all I saw were eyes. All on me. Did I do something wrong?

 

Hoya POV

I came to my first class for my dance major early so I could warm up and be ready for today's task. I heard there were only five people in my class so that made things easy, I guess. Everyone arrived and I didn't recognize anyone. Dang, I was hoping to get one of my friends in at least one of my classes. Maybe the my next class. 

For the class assignment, I paired up with the only other guy in the class and we worked on our hip-hop routine. He didn't seem to like hip-hop all too well, but since he already agreed to it, I didn't feel like changing it up. Besides, we were already half-an-hour in so changing might be disasterous. We worked on the routine and we went up first. I knew he wasn't too confident in the dance so he probably messed up a couple times. I know I didn't though. I gave him some words of confidence after we finished to cheer him up a little since he looked kinda upset. I apologized as well for making him dance to something he didn't like. 

We watched two girls do a ballet routine for the assignment and they were alright. Nothing too spectacular. Then it was the last girl. She was by herself? Huh, that's weird. She looks like she would be a queenka, she's so pretty. Then I felt this gust of cold when she walked in front of me. Was that coming from her? This pretty girl, cold? Then I looked up at her face and saw distant, empty orbs. I didn't get it. How? Finally, she started. I looked at our small group of people and they were just as transfixed on her as I was. Her dancing was...wow. She also did a hip-hop routine but she brought it to a whole new level. Her accuracy, her footwork, her charisma. Everything you could see was perfection. I looked back up to her face and saw her distant eyes, but it was different because she seemed distant, yet focused. Like she was in another world where she was just by herself dancing. And dancing perfectly at that. She finished and we just stared. She furrowed her eyebrows after a little while and sat down near her bag.

Our teacher dismissed us after telling us how we did and all that and we all left. Except for her. She stayed behind and asked the teacher if she could stay a little bit longer to practice some more. All he said was, "You really don't need it, but if that's what you want, just make sure you close the door when you're done." She wanted to dance even more? I mean, I would love to dance more as well, but, doesn't she want to eat or something? I looked at my watch and it said 12:30. I looked up and she was already starting to dance. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. She jumped a bit as she was startled. Oops. I cleared my throat and said, "Hi. My name Is Hoya. You're dancing was amazing today. Did you maybe want to grab some lunch right now?" I looked at her eyes and I felt frozen. "No." Her one, simple word and I felt like my world was flying. She had already went back to dancing and I quietly closed the door and left. Although she was slightly rude, I can't help but say, well, I kinda liked it. I called up my friends so we could meet up for lunch and tell each other about our first classes for the day. Boy, will they like my story.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 is here! Hoya meets Kana first! Oooh!! Please comment and subscribe! Thank you for choosing my story!