Chapter 16

Destiny

Hoya POV

After Kana left, I had this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Why did I feel like something bad was about to happen? After slowly getting up, I dragged myself to my car and went home. When I got there, I went inside and immediately fell asleep on the couch, not having any energy to get to my room. 

The next morning, I woke up with the same bad feeling in my stomach. Then I got a text from Woohyun. 

From: Woohyun 

Hoya! E.M.E.R.G.E.N.C.Y. SUNNGYU HYUNG GOT INTO A CAR ACCIDENT. REPEAT. SUNGGYU HYUNG WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT JUST LAST NIGHT. *sobs* He won't answer my calls! Maybe he's not awake? What if he's dead?! NOOOOOO. HOYA!!! CAN YOU PLEASE CALL HIM FOR ME? See if he answers! Make sure he's alive!!!!! And don't forget to tell him to call me if he answers! TTT.TTT Thanks.

Aish that weird Nam Bunny. Stupid Woogyu couple. But then I got serious. Sunggyu got in a car accident? But hyung's always been responsible...maybe his eyes got too small now so he couldn't see out of them in the dark? Hahaha. No, the only way he'd have gotten into an accident is if someone else was driving...

While thinking about what could've happened, I got a call from Sunggyu. I was shocked to find out he was drunk in a car of strangers. But I was even more shocked to hear he hit someone. I had a flash of fear cross my mind that he hit Kana, but then it went away when I reminded myself that she's not my business at the moment...or maybe ever.

I told him to call Woohyun and then we ended the conversation. After minutes of just laying down, thinking of what to do now that my situation has gotten possibly worse than it was before, I started heading up to my bathroom to shower. I slowly undressed and sluggishly headed toward the shower.

For the longest time, I just stood under the warm water, letting it soak my skin and thinking hard. The way Kana acted, it made it seem like she had been in this kind of situation before. Was liking someone really that bad? Was being in a relationship before that bad? I put my fingers up to my lips and couldn't help the feeling of our kiss lingering. 

She kissed me as if it was her first kiss. I smiled thinking if I was her first kiss. That makes it so memorable to me and it makes me happy. But I highly doubt I would be, she's way too pretty and talented not to have been in a relationship before! I laughed at myself for trying to think I was special to her.

I was feeling bitter. I mean, who wouldn't? Basically, she accepted us being together possibly, but then threw it all away. I have every right to be mad and upset...but I'm not. I just can't. I just don't know what to do now that she's like this, throwing it away. I want to convince her that the fangirls won't do anything to her. I wouldn't dare let them.

But she won't let anyone in. She refuses to accept a happy ending, acting like she doesn't deserve it or something. What could have possibly happened to her to make her like this? What kind of people did this to her? I want the Kana Choi that she really is, not the shell of her that tries to get rid of every person who tries to help her.

I got out of the shower and started getting dressed, planning on picking up some food and going to visit Sunggyu hyung. For some reason, I had the strange urge to dress up nicely. I put on a dark blue dress shirt, black long pants, my best dress shoes, and I even styled my hair up. 

When I went to pick up some food, I got hungry stares from the women all around. I was one hundred percent creeped out. The stares followed me all the way to the hospital. I walked into the room Sunggyu hyung apparently was in but before I could even say hi, I froze. Staring straight at me was Kana in a hospital bed, except I didn't expect the reaction I received from her.

A small smile. "Hello there. Who are you?" she asked. I was frozen solid where I was standing. I heard the bathroom door close and saw Sunggyu walk out, his right arm wrapped up. At first he smiled at me, but then looked where I was looking and his face immediately fell. 

What was going on?

 

Sunggyu POV

I had been contemplating what I would do about the Kana situation, but for some reason I just couldn't make up my mind. Half of me wanted to help her remember, half of me wanted to keep her all to myself. Could I really do that, though? To Hoya, me and Kana? I didn't know.

As I walked out of the bathroom, I saw Hoya. I smiled seeing my friend but then looked at his face. He was looking shocked and facing the direction of the beds. Then I realized he saw Kana. She had a look of confusion while Hoya just stood there, unmoving. I looked at the food in Hoya's hands and decided to try and break the ice. 

"H-Hey Hoya! Did you bring that food for me? You shouldn't have! I really didn't--" "Hyung, what's going on here?" he interrupted. What do I say? If I couldn't decide what to do two minutes ago, how would I know what to do now? 

"Oppa, who is this guy? Is he your friend?" Kana asked. I mentally face-palmed myself because she just made this situation much worse. "Oppa? Hyung, what the heck is going on here? Why is she here?" Hoya asked warily. It was now or never. Should I just be selfish? Should I let her go with him? She doesn't even remember him! Aish, ottokae?! 

 

Kana POV

Sunggyu oppa and I were dating...I silently spazzed out in my head. He's really handsome, cute, and he's caring. I wish I could remember more about him, no, I wish I could remember more about everything. I wish for so much, but I don't know if any of it will ever come true. What can I do?

As I was thinking that, a really handsome guy walked in with a bag of food. I could feel butterflies in my stomach for some reason and my heart was beating faster than normal. A managed a small smile and said hello, but he didn't reply. Instead, it seemed like he froze or something while looking at me. 

I took this time to look at him closely and scanned his entire body, not in a creepy way though! He was dressed nicely and I couldn't help but feel like he was dressed this way for a date or something, meaning he has a girlfriend. For some reason, my heart sank a little, but then I reminded myself I have Sunggyu.

Just as I thought that, Sunggyu walked out of the bathroom. He smiled at first at the guy, but then it disappeared. He spoke but it seemed like he was trying to avoid a topic or something. The guy only asked,"What's going on here?" I was confused and looked to Sunggyu. I asked him who the guy was, but it seemed to only make matters worse.

"Oppa? Hyung, what the heck is going on here? Why is she here?" the guy said, nodding in my direction. Sunggyu only stood there, not saying anything. I wonder if anything's wrong? It was quiet until another voice spoke up, the guy in the bed across from me had woken up. 

"Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Jung Jinyoung. Is everything okay here?" he said. The guy looked at him and nodded, saying,"Do you know what's going on here? Why is she here?" He pointed at me but his eyes never left Jinyoung's. Jinyoung looked at Sunggyu, but he was staring at the ground like a guilty child. 

"She lost her memory," Jinyoung said,"We thought we hit her in the car crash, but as you can see, she's perfectly untouched." The guy just stood there for a while before turning slowly to look at me. We locked eyes and I could feel those butterflies filling my stomach. He scanned my body, making me feel extremely insecure, then looked me in the eyes again.

I saw the pain, the weariness, the hurt in his eyes. I wanted to comfort him, but then I got a splitting headache. I screamed and held my head tight. Sunggyu and the guy rushed over to my bed, but I couldn't hear a word they were saying. Somewhere, I could hear a tiny voice saying almost in a whisper,"Reset."

Then I heard another voice, Sunggyu's voice. It was so commanding, saying,"What do you think you're doing? Just hurry up and remember already! I can't do this to him. You can't do this to him. As much as I don't want to, I have to give you back to him. You were never mine and it was wrong of me to try and make it that way. Just come back already!"

Come back? I think I out. When I woke up, the guy was sitting at my bedside, his head lying next to my leg and he was holding my hand. He was asleep. I felt like I should pull my hand out because it was wrong to hold another guy's hand when I already belong to someone else. 

But I didn't. It felt...right. He had laced our fingers together and it felt so warm, like it was meant to be. My cheeks had started burning at the thought of him and me together. But then I remembered I had Sunggyu. I just kept our fingers interlocked and stared at the sleeping face of the guy.

He was cute. He was handsome. He dressed nicely, and his hair looks REALLY nice when it's up like that. Whoever his girlfriend is, she must be so lucky. But if that's so, why is he holding my hand? Are we related? No, I don't look anything like him. Maybe he's my best friend since forever? I wish I could remember.

I subconsciously traced his features with my finger, starting from his forehead down. I circled around his eyes, noticing how cute they looked when he was asleep, then his nose which was quite handsome, to his strong jawline and then his lips. At this time, I was bending over looking at him, our faces merely inches apart.

I traced his lips and they twitched, forming a small smile. I giggled to myself at how cute he was. I felt like I was getting closer the longer my fingers stayed on his lips. When we were possibly centimeters apart, his eyes fluttered opened. I stared into them as he stared back, noticing our small distance.

He could feel my finger still on his lips and he broke into a smile. It was the most beautiful thing I ever saw. He kissed my finger and I widened my eyes, snapping back into reality. I quickly retreated and hid under my blankets, hoping he didn't see how red I had become and heard how loud my heart was beating. 

I heard a low chuckle and peeked out of my blanket to see him smiling. Aish, why am I like this when I have Sunggyu? A little voice in my head kept telling me it was right, that this was right. I shook my head and hid deeper under my blanket. Then, I heard footsteps come in the room and Sunggyu started talking to the guy.

"Hey." "...Hey." "Look, Hoya, I'm really--" "Hyung, it's okay. I get it. I had no idea this would happen, neither did you. It couldn't be helped." Questions started forming in my head. The guy's name is Hoya? Had no idea what would happen? What couldn't be helped? "I'm sorry the situation is like this...it just kind of happened." "I get it...just...take good care of her, okay? I think...this has to be for the best anyway."

He sounded so miserably sad. It made my heart hurt. What was going on? I came out from under my blanket which shocked Sunggyu. Before he could say anything, I asked all the questions that I had in my head. "What's for the best?" was my last question. They both were quiet.

The guy named Hoya turned to look at me with such wanting eyes and said,"It was nice to meet you, Kana-sshi. I hope we can meet again?" With that, he left. I wanted to run out to him, but my legs wouldn't move. Sunggyu came over to me and hugged me tight, telling me not to worry. 

I hugged him back, but it felt almost...forced. If only I knew.

 

1 month later

 

The university was on a 3 month break due to summer vacation. I was putting on my best clothes to go and meet up with Sunggyu. I was going to meet his friends called Infinite today. I put on a light purple summer dress and light make-up, wanting to make a good impression on them. I felt nervous, but as I put my heels on and walked out to my car, I became more excited.

I drove up to the house Sunggyu told me they were meeting up at. I texted him saying I was outside the front door, but instead of seeing Sunggyu open the door, it was the guy Hoya. My eyes widened and so did his. We both asked at the same time,"What are you doing here?" Instead of answering, we both got flustered and looked away from each other.

Sunggyu's voice yelled,"Hey Hoya! Is that Kana? Hurry up and come back here!" I turned and looked at Hoya who refused to have eye contact with me. He moved a little bit to the side to let me walk inside of the house. I bowed a little thanking him and waited for him to close the door so he could show me where to go. I took off my heels and followed him down the hallway.

As we were walking, I quietly looked him over. He had broad shoulders, a nice back that really showed through his white button up shirt, nice legs from what I could tell through his skinny-jeans, and his hair was styled up again. I internally sighed, I mean, this guy just had to be extremely handsome...

We walked into a room where Sunggyu and five other guys were sitting all around doing different things. Sunggyu was sitting on the couch playing on a keyboard with headphones on, a tall guy with a baby face was petting a hairless cat, a really feminine looking guy was playing a dancing game on the TV, a handsome but mean looking guy was playing on his phone, a guy with big lips who looked like a dinosaur was lip-rapping, and a handsome guy who vaguely reminded me of a bunny was drawing something on paper.

Hoya cleared his throat and everyone looked up at him and me. Huge grins plastered their faces and they immediately lined up to greet me. Hoya left my side and lined up with them. Sunggyu said,"1, 2, 3," and they all bowed and said,"Annyeonghaseyo! We are Infinite! Nice to meet you!" I bowed back with a small smile and replied,"Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Choi Kana. Nice to meet you."

I went up to every single one of them to say hi individually, skipping Sunggyu and going straight to the dinosaur guy. The routine went like: bow, guy tells me his name plus what class we have together at school, "nice to meet you," and move on.

"Hello! My name is Jang Dongwoo. We have a dance class together at the university. You're actually the group leader! Hope to see you soon!" 

"Hello beautiful. My name is Nam Woohyun, but you can call me anytime. We have a singing class together and our voices together could make the perfect duet, you know? Here's my number so you can call me."

"Um, hi. I'm Lee Hoya. We also have a dance class together but there's only like, five people in the class. And you're the best out of them all..."

"Hello!!! My name is Lee Sungyeol! We have a singing class together but we don't sit near each other so we've never talked before. But it's great to finally get to know you!"

"Hi. My name is Kim Myungsoo, but call me L. We also have a singing class together, and although we sit next to each other, we don't talk. Oh well."

"Hi! My name is Lee Sungjong. Can I call you noona? We work together at a music store across the street from the university and we have a dance class together! Isn't that great?"

After all that, I took in all the information and let it process in my head. Sunggyu oppa, Dongwoo-sshi, Woohyun-sshi, Hoya-sshi, Sungyeol-sshi, Myungsoo-sshi, and Sungjong-sshi. Okay. Once I got everything in my head down, we had fun the rest of the day. We danced, sang, ate lots of food, and got to know each other well.

The entire time there, I didn't really smile. Only my half smiles because for some reason, anything more than that felt so weird. Even the half smiles felt so forced for some reason. I was thinking about this while we were watching a movie. I was sitting in between Hoya and Sunggyu on the couch while everyone else sat on the floor.

You could almost say I was having a heart attack. All the time, my heart would beat furiously in my chest and the butterflies would cease to stop existing in my stomach. It was because I was sitting next to Sunggyu and I was happy, right? Not because of Hoya who was sitting dangerously close to me. He was even closer than Sunggyu!

I wasn't even paying attention to the movie anymore. It was like the two of them were fighting for my attention. I had a giant blanket a wrapped around me when Hoya whispered gently in my ear,"Kana-sshi. I'm so cold. Do you think we could share that blanket of yours? It just looks so warm..." I blushed a deep red but nodded my head. 

I handed him one side of the blanket, but it was quite small for two people, so he scooted even closer to me than I thought possible. I was practically sitting on his lap and he wrapped his arm around my side to make sure I didn't fall. Then, Sunggyu snuck his hand under the blanket and into mine and intertwined them, rubbing small circles on the back of my hand. 

What. Was. Happening? My heart refused to stop thumping in my chest, the butterflies refused to go away, the two boys refused to give me up to each other. What. Would this be a good time to call for help?

Help.

----------------------------------------------------------

UPDAAAAAAAAATE! It's been.....way too long. TT.TT I'm so sorry. Such a bad author...ugh. I will keep trying! Writer's block just occurs more and more lately...*sigh* I shall keep trying my best, no matter what! FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!! Please COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!!! Thank you~~~~~