Chapter 5

Destiny

Kana POV

I was angry. These stupid Infinite guys think they can just get any girl they want by asking them out? I don't think so. First Hoya, then Woohyun, now stupid Sunggyu?! What is going on today? At least I have something to look forward to today. I checked my phone for the time, 6:00. Good, I'm not late. I quickly parked in the parking lot and got out of my car, ready for my shift at my job at the music shop. I entered and bowed to the manager-nim who was sticking prices on some albums. I went to the back room so I could change into my work clothes and get straight to work. I clocked in and started changing when one of my co-workers walked in. I jumped but relaxed a little when I saw it was only Sungjong. Yes, I know, Sungjong is part of Infinite, but I ruled him out as a threat long ago since he's been my co-worker for about three months now. I bowed and continued changing, not caring at all that he was there. Yes, he's a boy, I'm a girl, but he's not like that. If anything, he's more of a girl than I am. He's not gay, but he's a sweet boy who I know isn't like the rest of his stupid friends.

"Annyeong, Kana-sshi! How was your day today?" he asked. "The classes were great, but my day was...well, not the greatest." I conversed. "Oh? Was it because of Hoya hyung?" "More like Hoya-sshi, Woohyun-sshi and Sunggyu-sshi." "Oh really? Woohyun hyung and Sunggyu hyung tried to ask you out as well?" "Well, I stopped Sunggyu-sshi from asking me out by...well...scolding him..." He laughed at my shyness. He's like the brother I never had so he's possibly the only one who's seen other sides of me beside my best friends. "Oh silly Kana-sshi...Sunggyu hyung probably wasn't going to ask you out. No, that's not like him...probably just wanted to befriend you? That sounds more like him." I made the "O" shape with my mouth and went out of the changing room, followed by Sungjong.

We went straight to work and I kept thinking about what he said. I felt bad now if that was true...I'm not the type to talk to boys and so apologizing...that's going to be difficult...I went to the piano in the back of the store and started playing. The manager didn't mind that I played as long as I sang as well since he loved my singing. He said it "brought more people in." I played an arrangement of Henry's "Trap" that I had personally arranged two days ago. I sang until the chorus because I got tapped on the shoulder. I turned around and saw Woohyun standing with a smile on his face. I frowned but remembered that he is a customer now so I put on a fake smile and greeted him nicely. 

"Annyeonghaseyo. Welcome, do you need any help?" He laughed and smiled. "No, I just wanted to talk to you." "What can I do for you?" "Well, you can go on a date with me sometime, how's that?" I kept my fake smile on but put the most deathly look in my eyes and told him, "Look, sir, if you don't stay away from me and keep asking me out, I will make sure your life is a living hell. Back. Away." He was frightened. He bowed, apologized, and left me alone. He went to go talk to Sungjong and the younger looked thoroughly amused at his friend's demise. I smirked in victory. 

I went to go stock the shelves of music albums and re-arrange them when I got tapped on the shoulder again. Furious, I just spoke out but I didn't forget I was still at work. "Look, Woohyun-sshi, I'm not--" "Who said I was Woohyun?" I turned and saw Sunggyu standing there with an album in his hand. Shoot. I quickly bowed and apologized. Gosh, how embarrassing. Stupid Woohyun. 

"Mianhae. I thought you were your friend. Um, can I help with anything today?" He just chuckled and nodded his head. "Actually, I'm curious as to how you arranged the piece you were just playing a minute ago." "Oh, well it really wasn't that difficult...I just watched Henry play the piano so many times and I listened to the song over and over again and I just figured it out from there." He stood in awe. "Wow, you're amazing." "Um, is that all you need today, sir?" "Do you mind if I could get a copy of your arrangement for one of my classes? Don't worry, I'll give you credit and everything, I just need something to present to the class..." I internally laughed at his...his...never mind. I just nodded and led him over to the back room to make him a copy from my files. 

I planned out how I would apologize for scolding him earlier at school. Okay, Kana, it's just a classmate. Just a person. A customer! Yea, pretend he's a customer! Then you'll be able to talk to him easier...okay now stop talking to yourself and apologize! Yes, self! ...what am I saying? "Um, Sunggyu-sshi...I, um, wanted to...apologize....for scolding you earlier...I know I didn't give you a chance to let you finish what you had to say...so if you want, you can...tell me what you wanted to say?" I'm so awkward. Curse my ice princess personality.

He stared at me for a little as if I had gone mad or something then broke into a smile. "I just wanted to compliment you on your lyrics today and wondered if you wanted to be friends?" He smiled and I stood dumbfounded. I, Choi Kana, was not one to just simply become friends with someone. Specifically a guy. Specifically this guy, who is popular at my school and has millions of little fangirls. I gave him the sheet music of my arrangement and simply replied, "No." I walked out of the back room with him still in there and continued stocking the albums where I left off. Gosh, I hate today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong! Update! Yay! Thank you for reading my story! Please comment and/or subscribe! :D