Change.

Mysterious Her.

 

The New Her

 
Luhan's POV
 
The room dropped into deadly silence, as everyone gaped with horrified eyes at the door, fearing that one or even a group of those things will appear. I could fear icy fear twisting around my heart as I grabbed firmly onto the pair of scissors I was using just now to cut my pants. With my palms sweating profusely, I tip toed silently, with extra precaution, towards Sandara.
 
She's a girl after all. What if too many of them appeared? Someone will have to protect her too right? Wait, what am I thinking... I mean someone will have to back her up to defeat those things right?
 
 
Just when I was about to tap her shoulder to alert her of my presence, she turned behind abruptly and nodded. Wow. She's so much sensitive and alert than I thought...Before I could even nod back, the rest of the exo boys were standing around both of us, armed with a variety of objects. 
 
Kai with a emergency exit hammer, Tao with a lamp, Kris with a remote control, Chen with a hairdryer, Sehun with a teddy bear, Xiumin... WAIT. Sehun with a teddy bear?
 
I stared at the object he was holding for a few seconds before glaring at him and giving him a "What kind of weapon is that" look. He smiled sheepishly at him and mouthed, " The best and probably cutest weapon I can find" before giggling softly to himself.
 
I sighed at the actions of the  maknae, speechless at how childish he is. That kid just can't grow up despite the circumstances we are currently in...
 
"Shush." Sandara whispered, staring at Sehun for him stop his giggling. He stopped immediately, face turning a bright red from embarrassment. 
 
Thump thump thump. 
 
I had no idea whether that's the sound of my heart thumping wildly inside me or whether its the sound of whatever it is outside walking towards us. 
 
Groaning. Someone or something is groaning outside. I'm sure I'm not the only one that heard it as in that instant, everyone grabbed hold of their own weapons tightly, ready to attack any moment. Though each and everyone one of us was trembling from fright, we all knew we had to face them sooner or later. This is only the beginning
 
A familiar looking body appeared at the door suddenly. So sudden, I was not able to react at all. Loud gasps of fear filled the room as Sandara lifted her knife, ready to strike the person. 
 
"Mr Kim?" She exclaimed, after walking a few steps forward carefully.
Mr Kim? Our form teacher?
 
"What..." Before I could even finish my sentence, he collapsed onto Sandara, gasping desperately for air. That's was when I noticed the state he was in. His body was a visual map of contusions and abrasions with colored highlights in red and purple. He was filled with thick, crimson red liquid and was trying hard not to lose conscious. Startled, I stood there and stared at them with wide eyes, not knowing what I should do.
 
Tao, Baekhyun, Kai and Kris were the first to rush forward and help.
 
"Carried him on to the bed. Quick!" Sandara ordered them urgently. She then glanced around hurriedly before rushing to the corner of the resort room to grab a first aid kit.
"So Eun!" She shouted at a girl who's currently holding onto her chest, looking as though she's trying to calm herself down. Receiving no response, Sandara turned around and faced her before shouting, "SO EUN! QUICK!" I noticed a gleam of nervousness and fear in Sandara's eyes. Is Mr Kim...dying?
 
Knowing I had to do something, I hurried towards the girl called So Eun. There's must be a reason Sandara wanted her to help. Maybe she knows first aid? So Eun was shuddering so much, I thought she's going to faint. I grabbed her by her elbow and led her to the bed. 
Sandara glanced at me before, holding So Eun by her shoulders. 
 
"So Eun, look at me. Don't be nervous, I know you can do this. You have to help Mr Kim. You are the only one that knows how to do this," She said softly to So Eun, ensuring and encouraging her that everything's going to be all right. I was surprised at the different side of her. This new side of her makes her look so much more attractive that I could feel my heart fluttering. Just a bit.
 
LUHAN. Come on man. It's not the right time to think about this! Well, I bet all the EXO boys are also surprised at the nice side of her too. Just look at their faces. Their eyes are shining brightly with awed. 
 
So Eun, on the other hand, had calmed down slightly but was clearly shaken by the sight of Mr Kim whose bleeding profusely. 
 
"We have...to...to stop..the bleeding," So Eun muttered, fumbling around the first aid box. However, her hands are trembling so much, she's not even able to pick up anything properly.
"I'll help. Just tell me what to do okay?" Sandara's hushed words carried a calming assurance. So Eun could only nod timidly.
"Take...out the alcohol-free wipe...and clean the wounds," Sandara did as she said and softly clean the wounds on his head, hands and legs. 
"Kai, lift his head... Sandara, use the gauze and wrap it around...the wound," She nodded in response and skillfully wrap the gauze around his bleeding forehead. 
"Place your hand.... over the pad and apply...pressure on it..." Sandara pressed on the wound as she prayed silently that Mr Kim is going to be alright. 
"Chanyeol ! Lay! Do what I did just now to the wounds on his legs and arms!" Sandara commanded after smiling at So Eun, assuring her that she's did a wonderful job. Both of the guys, who had been staring intently at the procedure, instantaneously got to work. 
 
I had never felt so helpless and useless my whole life. I did not even do a single thing to help. 
 
"Luhan! LUHAN!" I looked up rapidly, shocked that the person talking to me was actually Sandara.
"Can you pass me those cloths beside your leg?" 
Doing as told, I promptly picked it up and passed it to her. She swiftly took the cloth and wrapped it around Mr Kim's head for constant pressure. 
 
Once the chaos had died down, everyone was beyond exhaustion. The girls, who did not do much, however, were weeping slightly from the horrifying sight of Mr Kim.
And sadly, Mr Kim had not woken up though So Eun had said that his pulse had became normal. Everyone was definitely impressed at how composed Sandara was during the procedure. Not to mention her sudden change in personality. As I rest with the other EXO boys, I can't help but blushed when I recalled how she whispered a barely audible "thanks" when I passed her the cloth. 
 
 
Kai's POV
 
She was definitely the most unique girl I have ever seen. Perfection. Does she even have any flaws? She's even a bit more friendly and nicer now. I glanced to the other side of the room, where the girls are at, and spotted the person I was looking for. They were sitting around in circle, probably talking, having a bonding time. Most of the girls' eyes are red and puffy but they were all smiling, seeming to had forgotten the current situation we are stuck in.
 
They needed the time though, to have a little fun, to actually forgot about what had just happened. It's too much. So many things had happened in just 2 days. My heart ache as I suddenly remembered my family members. Wondering whether they all alright, wondering whether they were experiencing the same things as me. 
 
"Hey! Guys! Come here for a while!" Sandara said, gesturing us to join them. Taken aback, we looked at each other, before making our way towards them. Her change in attitude is so surprising yet so amazing. Whatever the reason that triggered it, I knew we all glad for the sudden change.
 
We stood awkwardly near the girls before Sandara motioned for us to sit down. Due to the limited space, we all had to cuddle in a extremely tight circle. Sehun, Tao and Kai, the youngest three of EXO, on the other hand, all wanted to sit beside Sandara, but was trying not to make it obvious. Sighing at their childish acts, I looked at the girl that was oblivious to what the three were trying to do. I guess not only the girls but the guys in EXO had actually grew to like Sandara more too. 
 
"What are you three doing?" Mi Hyun teased them, who were currently glaring at each other. Well, I was surprised at the change of the attitude of the popular girl, Mi Hyun. The old her would definitely glared at Sandara, jealous of the attention she's receiving. I realized that. The things outside had changed everyone so much.
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 
Hey guys! The weekend is finally here :D which means a longer update HAHA.
 
Thanks for the continuous support & do comment or subscribe ! <3 -lovelovelovelove-