Past.

Mysterious Her.

 

HER PAST
 
 
 
Kai's POV
 
. . . . . 
Did I just got caught trying to sit beside her? Crap. Crap. My face must be as red as a ing tomato now. 
 
 
She turned around instantly, bewildered at what the three of us are doing. 
 
 
Argh. Stupid Tao and Sehun, it's all their fault. This is so freaking embarrassing. Unable to stand the awkward tension, I immediately went and sat beside Luhan instead, though i was slightly disappointed at the fact that I'm did not manage to sit beside Sandara. The cheeky Sehun and Tao even dare to stick their tongue at me. Time to give them a lesson later. 
 
 
"Though we might be safe in this room, we will need a bigger space and also more weapons to protect us. We will need to make sure the rest of the space in this resort is safe too. Remember, they can be anywhere..." Sandara paused, looking at each of us, before continuing, " Anyone learns any skills or something? Like Martial Arts or Fencing?"
 
 
"Tao learns Martial Arts and Kris learns fencing!" Xiumin pointed out. Sandara smiled at him in response, causing his face to turn a bright red.
 
 
"I learn archery..." Yeon Soo, the extremely shy girl, spoke. I was surprised or should i say, extremely impressed. Well, I shouldn't have judge others based on their looks at the first place. 
 
 
"What? Seriously? You look so nerdy I thought..." Baekhyun replied before D.O. placed his hand over his mouth to prevent him from continuing. Realizing he had said something wrong, he immediately smacked his own forehead, causing everyone to giggle at his foolishness.
 
 
"It's okay..." Yeon Soo smiled as Baekhyun let out a sigh of relief.
 
 
"Well, the rest of us boys are all good in sports! I mean all of us can fight really really well," Sehun exclaimed, trying to impress Sandara. 
 
 
She giggled at his attempt before challenging, "Well, that you will all have to prove it right?" 
 
 
Oh my god, How can she look so adorable just by giggling? Something must be really wrong with me...
 
 
"Sandara Park, how can we prove it then?" Chen asked, determined to prove his worth.
 
 
"Firstly, don't call me by my name. I hate it," she frowned sightly and continued,"Call me Dara!" She beamed. 
 
 
My heart fluttered...once again. Something must be really really wrong with me. Am I having a fever?
 
 
 
Chanyeol's POV
 
She look so cute when she smiles, I swear. Though I'm still really curious to what makes her change so much in her attitude. I mean she never smiled before in school , not even once and now, she's even giggling with us. 
 
 
Mustering up my courage, I asked, "Sandara Park... I mean Dara, why makes you change so much? I mean your personality?"
 
 
The room dead down immediately, a suffocating tension filled the air. Everyone looked at me before glancing at Dara. Her smile was gone and she was frowning as a gleam of sadness flashed past her eyes. 
 
 
Realizing, it might be something sensitive, I smacked myself mentally.
 
 
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean..." Before I could finish, Dara intercepted," I was...from a broken family...I mean I was a orphan...I was adopted. They did horrible things that scarred me really really deeply.." She paused, struggling to keep her calmness. I could see tears forming slowly in her eyes. "I hated everyone... Everyone from then on. I hated my life. I hated anyone thats happy. School, despite all the rumors, was my escape. My escape from the hell at home," she bit on her lips slightly to suppress the tears that were threatening to fall.
 
 
"But, I'm alright now.  I escaped home since I was 16. I learnt a lot of new skills to protect myself. Though my horrible past caused such a huge impact on me,  I refused to talk to anyone because I was...afraid...scared...that one day, my family will find me again... Though the truth is that you guys are scared of me. Am i right?," she glanced at us, letting out a small chuckle at our tensed face.
 
"It's not..cause you know how to fight and....so we are scared...I mean," I muttered, trying to explain ourselves.
 
 
I just can't stop stuttering in front of her. . I just exposed how nervous I was. 
 
 
" I'm joking... Well, I guess it's you guys that changed me. These two days spent together, despite the fact that We didn't talk much at first, I'm starting to trust you all. Those things outside...," she paused, looking as though she's trying to hide something before changing the topic," I decided to open to you all. I decided to show you all the real me that's hidden deep inside." 
 
 
She just opened her heart to us. She just told us her past. Yet, we couldn't respond at all. I was so shocked and surprised I didn't know what to say. The rumors...I was once part of it, i did spread some of it, along with rest of the EXO
Guilty. I am feeling guilty like . I bet the EXO guys are feeling the same too.
 
 
"I'm sorry... We are sorry. Really am. For the rumors and everything...I..." Suho replied, breaking the silence of the room. 
 
 
"Hey... Guys... It's the past now...I don't blame any of you alright," She smiled at us, before jokingly said," unless you all still dislike me?" 
 
 
"HE'LL NO!" Kai said loudly. Realizing what he did, he immediately buried his face into his arms in shame, causing us to laugh uncontrollably as Dara smiled shyly. 
 
 
"How...how did you survive at the age of 16? We absolutely nothing? It's amazing!" So eun said, clearly impressed
 
"I...I...prefer not to talk about it..." Dara hesitated before replying. She was hiding something from us. I'm sure of it. 
 
 
"Back to the topic, we are supposed to clear the rest of the resort tomorrow. I think six of the boys can follow me, while the rest stay, to make sure everything is alright. We never know what can happen." She said in a serious tone. Well, it's just makes it even obvious she's trying to change the topic. 
 
 
"Six? Who's going with you then?" Luhan spoke curiously, undeniably hoping that she will choose him.
 
 
"That..I will decide tomorrow," Dara replied after thinking for a while. She stood up and said,"I'm going to check on Mr Kim, you guys can go take a rest first Just sleep on the floor, since there's not much space. There's blankets in the cabinets. Kai, Sehun, Suho, Baekhyun, D.O and Chanyeol shall keep watch with me for now. We will take turns."
 
 
 
Nobody's POV
 
 
The rest of the EXO boys were all disappointed but kept in it to themselves. Them and their stupid pride. However, clearly unhappy and probably jealous, they took the blankets and set in on the floor, lying down immediately without saying a single word.
 
 
"Goodnight!" Dara chirped, without realizing anything. 
 
 
"Goodnight! Be careful! " Mi Hyun, So Eun and Yeon Soo replied, before tucking in.
 
 
As for the boys, only XiuMin replied a grumpy 'Night' as though he's slightly pissed, he just could not ignored the adorable yet skillful Dara. 
 
 
Dara's POV
 
 
I turned around and face the six EXO boys who were all standing awkwardly beside each other.
 
 
Haish, It's gonna be a really long night ...
 
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 
ANOTHER UPDATE! Hope you enjoyed reading it ~
 
Once again, I'm really touched by all the lovely comments. <3 You guys are the best !
 
Oh yeah, I CAN'T WAIT FOR 2NE1'S COMEBACKKKK. ARE YOU SPAZZING WIF ME TOO? xD
 
*whispers* Chanyeol probably in the process of fanboying over 2NE1, especially over Dara right? (;