Chapter 15

After You

Hi guys...

Long time no see.

I drop a new short chapter today to let you know that I'm still here and working on my stories even though I take a long time to update.

Thanks for still staying with me :)


The next day, Taemin bids farewell to Jonghyun who’s off to see his friend. It takes Jonghyun about half an hour before he drives off, saying that Taemin must not worry because he will return as soon as possible and that they will spend a lot of time together. Jonghyun repeats it so many times Taemin wonder if his hyung is actually convincing Taemin or himself. Taemin finds it cute that his hyung miss him just as much.

Once his hyung’s car is out of sight, he makes his way up to his room to get himself ready for the day. He has everything planned out for that day, from his classes, part time work and Minho. He takes a quick shower and gets dressed. First thing he do before he leave his apartment is send a text to Jihye because he really wants to talk to her.

 

Jihye almost freaks out when her phone rings and sees a text from Taemin, asking her to meet him at the library in an hour.

“I just got a text from him. He wants to meet at the library in an hour so I gotta leave soon.” Jihye says to Changmin and Minho. They’re sitting together in a café not far from their campus. No matter how long they spend talking about what should be done for Minho to get back with Taemin, they cannot find a way out. Jihye has agreed to help but to the extent it won’t hurt her friend’s feeling. She will try to bring the topic but doesn’t promise the siblings anything since she doesn’t want to push Taemin either.

“Make sure you ask him something,” Minho pleads.

“But don’t push him,” Changmin adds. “If he shuts you out, we will officially meet a dead end.”

“I agree with you, Changmin. I’ll work my way to his mind but like I said, I can’t promise you anything.”

After saying goodbye, Jinhye leaves the café. She can’t wait to see Taemin. She wants to know if he’s okay. She picks a table at the far end of the library so they can get enough privacy to talk. She then texts Taemin the place and waits.

Taemin arrives about 15 minutes later. He doesn’t have a time to breathe because Jihye throwing questions at him right away.

“Taemin-ah, how have you been? You didn’t text me. Are you okay?”

“Well, hi Jihye. I’m fine. That’s for asking and probably for worrying over my well-being.” Taemin smiles sarcastically.

“Wow, is that what I get for worrying over my dear friend?" she scoffs. "You ignored me all day long. You didn't show up at work. Where were you yesterday and what were you up to? I demand a detailed explanation.”

“You know my hyungs, one of them, Jonghyun hyung is here. He arrived yesterday. I called my manager to get a day off. He agreed to it, halfheartedly.”

“So your hyung is here? Now?” That’s huge, for Jihye. She didn’t see it coming. She thought that Taemin was just trying to make up his mind, not spending time with his hyung. “That’s great. Yeah, good. I mean, great for you.” She stammers. “You missed him a lot, not only him, but all of your hyungs. It’s good that one of them is here.” At this point, she doesn’t even know what she’s saying anymore. Part of her is happy that Taemin get to see his hyung but this also means a bad news for Minho. “But why is he here?”

Taemin stares at her, with a loss look on his face because Jihye is acting so weird. “Why can’t he be here?” Taemin asks back, confused.

“Of course he can be here. I mean, why, all of sudden, is he here?”

“They called me the other night. You know, the night when I saw him for the first time. I wasn’t in a good state so I think they sensed it and were so concerned. Jonghyun hyung said he would be here the next day so here he is.”

“Wow… that’s cool. That’s really something. You have a hyung that will book a flight right away for you.”

Taemin chuckles. “He is not here only because of me. He has something to do with his friend here, music stuff. Sooner or later he will come here anyway. He is seeing his friend today and will be back here in two days.”

“Ah, I see.” It’s a good silence before Jihye speaks up, “So, do you want to talk about the other night?” She asks carefully. “The night where –“

“Yeah, that’s actually the reason why I ask you to meet me here.” Taemin pauses. “Do you, by any way, know him already? Before that night? Because I saw you with them.”

“No, that was my first time too. I never know that Changmin is his sibling. You remember Changmin, right?”

“Yeah, the guy that has been stalking you.” Jihye nods. "So, I'm going to see Minho again, tonight. But that's only if he shows up after my shift."

“He will!” Jihye exclaims.

“I don't know, I'm not sure. I punched him on the face the other day.”

“I'm 100% sure he will come. He loves you, Taemin.” She assures. "But, by the way, what are you going to do when you see him tonight?"

“I had a talk with Jonghyun hyung last night. It helped me clear my mind. I was so angry that day when I saw him. Maybe because I've had all these emotions, the longing, the anger, pents up inside of me for so long. I'm sure he was surprised by it. That's why I want to see him again and talk to him. I want to sort things out with him. After all, that's why I come here.”

“So he knows about you meeting Minho and about your part time job? and he is okay with that?”

“Yeah, I ask him not to the the others because if he does, they’ll probably book the fastest flight and come to get me in person and then probably drag me out of this country.” Both of the giggles at the idea.

"So you're okay with all of this? With finally seeing Minho and with your hyungs?"

"I am now. I know what I'm going to say to him. Jonghyun hyung is okay for now. He doesn't like where I live and my part time job but yeah, he tries to be okay with it. As long as he doesn't tell the other two, I'm safe."

Jihye feels like a huge weight being lifted off her back. She is relieved that Taemin is okay. That he had his hyung with him when she wasn’t around. After all, she cares so much about her friend even though the other might not acknowledge her as a friend, not yet.

"I hope we can settle thing down between us and start over."

"I'm sure that what he want too."

"Do you think so?" She senses hesitation in his voice.

"Yeah, despite what he has done to you, don't forget that he loves you too."

Taemin smiles a little.

“I'm going to be there at the cafe tonight for mental support. Besides, he probably brings Changmin with him so I won't be alone while you two talk thing out.”

“How’s he?”

“What?”

“The Changmin guy, how is he? You were on a date with him that night. Are you two official now?”

“What? Eww~ no. Don’t get the wrong idea. We just hang out, as friends.”

“Friends, huh?”

“Come on, Taemin. Don’t start.”

 

“I just got a text from Jihye and she wants me to tell you that Jonghyun is here.”

“What?”

“Here, you read it yourself.”

Please tell Minho that Jonghyun is here so don’t do something stupid.

“Who is Jonghyun again?”

“One of my friends back in Korea. I don’t know why he is here but this is not good. Remember when I called them that night? They’re clearly pissed off. If Jonghyun hyung is here and Taemin is still mad at me, I really don’t see this going to be easy.”

"Just a fyi, if they decide to fight you, I'm going to be watching over you on the sidelines. I'm not going to get myself involved. I don't appreciate bruises on my face. But I'll rush you to the hospital when they're done.”

"Thank you, that's very encouraging."