Chapter 12

After You

“Stay here and be a nice girl, okay?” Minho kisses Eve and pats its head when he leaves.

He has arrived in front of the café Changmin texted him a while ago. At the first glance, Minho knows well that this café isn’t the type of place Changmin would visit. Hell, Minho himself doesn’t think he’ll ever consider this place at all. He wonders a little how Changmin could end up at this kind of place on the first place.

The doorbell rings as Minho enters the room. He scans the inside of the café and spots Changmin at the corner of the room, waving his hand at him. He also spots a girl, a Korean girl to be specific, sitting there with Changmin. He guesses that’s the girl Changmin’s hitting on. He quickly walks toward their table.

“Hey dude, what’s up? You sound mad on the phone call –“

“Choi Minho” Jihye cuts him off as she stares at the figure standing in front of her. She knows it's him. Taemin has shown her his picture and she remembers his face like the back of her hand. Changmin has told her that his friend might be coming and join them but never has she expected that Changmin's friend is the Choi Minho itself. The guy they have been searching all this time is now standing in front of him.

“How do you know him?”

“Do I know you?”

Changmin is totally taken aback. From what he knows, Minho doesn’t really befriend girls. He knows very well with whom Minho associates at campus. He barely talks to the girls from their faculty if it’s not for group projects. How the hell Jihye knows him? He suddenly comes up with a conclusion that Jihye might be one of Minho’s fan girls. The thought terrified Changmin for instant, there is no way he can win if he has to compete against Minho. He’s confident enough with his looks, can be said on par with Minho. But his track record with girls can probably be his disadvantage.

Changmin waits for Jihye’s answer anxiously but the said girl seems to be oblivious to the fact that two boys want her to say something. She turns to look past Minho, instead. There, she sees Taemin stands behind the counter. Their eyes lock, and Jihye can tell that Taemin is as surprised as her at the appearance of Minho at this café.

“Taemin,” she mumbles.

At the mention of his lover boy, Minho follows Jihye direction and finds Taemin looking at him.

“Taemin-ah,”

“Taemin? Where? That boy?” Changmin, who hasn’t gotten over with his anxiety about Jihye, is the only one who doesn’t grasp the whole situation that’s currently happening. “Anyone care to explain?”

But sadly, Minho isn’t going to answer that question as he slowly paces toward the counter, to the person he has been longing for. And so is Jihye, after she decides to join Minho. She tails right behind him. As much as she’s glad they have found Minho – or rather Minho has magically showed himself – she doesn’t think this is the right place for a dramatic meeting.

“Taemin-ah,” he says, eyes never leaves Taemin’s. “Taemin-ah, is that really you? So Jinki and Jonghyun hyung didn’t lie about you?”

“Is there anything I can help you?” comes Taemin’s best reply. Sharp and stabs Minho right in the heart.

“Taemin-ah,” he repeats. He doesn’t want to believe what he just heard. He hopes his ears tell him wrong.

“Is there anything I can help you?”

“Cappuccino.” Jihye speaks up. “Please,” he adds.

Taemin soon turns around and does his job.

“No, Taemin, wait, we need to talk.” Minho begs but Jihye stops him for going further.

“Not now,” she says sternly. “His manager isn’t very nice. You don’t want to put his job on the line, do you? Let’s go back and sit and wait until his shift ends.”

 

 

“So that boy behind the counter is the Tammy boy you love?” Changmin asks Minho after hearing Jihye’s explanation and Minho confirms it with a nod. “And he’s your classmate and you have been helping him exploring the town to look for Minho.”

“Yeah,”

“Oh thanks God,” Changmin sighs in relief. Smile makes its way back to his face. “I thought he’s your boyfriend! And you’re not Minho’s fan girl then!”

“Changmin, seriously?” Jihye glares at him, of all respond he could make, why he picks the most annoying one? “Our friends are having their tough encounter and here you are thinking about yourself. How selfless you are!” Jihye sarcasm can’t be helped anymore.

“You have a good taste on boy, you know.” Changmin comments as he eyes Taemin from his seat, completely ignoring Jihye’s sarcastic remark. “He’s cute, too pretty for a boy, and most importantly, he’s so delicate.” He unconsciously his lips when he says so, making Minho grab the front of his shirt and gives him one of his deadly look. “Chill out, man! It’s not that I’m going to hit on your boy. I have no interest in boys. Besides, Jihye has been fully occupying my mind for awhile now.”

“I don’t think so. You clearly still have a bit space left in your brain to think of Taemin inappropriately.” Minho’s whisper comes out so low it frightens both Jihye and Changmin.

“Aren’t you proud when someone compliments your lover?”

“Clearly not if it’s you.”

“Alright, alright,” Changmin raises both of his hands in surrender. “What are you going to do with him?”

“Talk.”

“I know, duh. I mean what are you going to talk to him?”

“I’m going to tell him that I’m sorry.”

“Seeing how he treated you earlier, I don’t think it’s going to run smoothly. Might take time to be back together with him, if there is still any chance left for you.”

“We didn’t break up, Changmin.” Minho emphasizes the point that Changmin has missed.

“Seriously Minho, you left him without any contact for over a year and you hope everything is alright and you two are still together? You take delusional into a whole new level.”

“Whatever Changmin, you can leave my side just like what my friends do and I won’t even care about it.”

“Ouch, that hurts. Just because your Tabby is here, you throw me right away.” He fakes a hurt look. “And you say I’m selfish!” he turns to Jihye who only rolls her eyes.

“I agree with Changmin that this isn’t going to go well with him. Seeing how he reacts just now, I’m not sure he’ll agree to talk to you.”

“There’s nothing wrong with trying. Why are you guys so negative? I’m going to apologize, that’s final.”

“Okay, you’re going to apologize, but how? Share the details” Jihye’s trying to be helpful. If there is something she wants right now, is for Taemin to be happy and she knows well that the one who can make it happens is Minho.

“I’m going to wait for the café to close down and talk to him in private,” he emphasizes the last part as he looks at the other two.

“Okay, we’ll stay and leave when it’s near the closing time,” Changmin agrees.

“Taemin will highly ask you to leave. You can wait outside. Even though he’s exiting from the backdoor, he’s still going to take this street. This is the only way to get to his apartment.”

“Okay, thanks.”

“Don’t hold him for too long. Please consider that his shift ends pretty late, he must be tired and it’s cold outside. Besides, his hyungs will make a call, it’s like daily call, and it usually takes awhile.”

Upon hearing that, Minho is at loss of words because he’s taken aback by the sheer information about Taemin she share. How can she know so much about Taemin? Minho wonders. He knows that Jihye is like Taemin’s classmate but this isn’t right. The amount of concern Jihye has for Taemin make Minho feels uneasy. The Taemin he knows doesn’t befriend anyone. He also doesn’t like it when people pay attention to him. The fact that Jihye knows Taemin’s routine very well hints that she has spent more than enough time with Taemin. This is new and Minho clearly doesn’t like it.

“Are you that close with Taemin?” he asks, a little harshly.

“If being his only friend here means that close then yes, I am.”

“What have you been doing together with him?” Poor Jihye, Minho can’t control his tone at all. It’s obvious that he’s pissed.

“Easy man, she has told you that she’s helping him looking after you. It’s normal that she’s close with Tammy. Keep your jealousy away. In short time, she’ll be all over me and you can have your Tammy all for yourself.”

“God, I don’t know if you’re just over confidence or what, but stop it, will you? We need to help Minho and Taemin. Also, will you ever say his name correctly?”

“First, I’m simply very sure that you’ll soon be mine. Second, we do, we are helping them now, right? Third, his name is too difficult to remember. Besides, Tammy or Tabby suits his cute and beautiful face more. Last, I’m defending you just now, can’t you see?”

“Whatever you think of me and Taemin, I don’t have any intention other than being a good friend.” Jihye explains to Minho, deciding to ignore Changmin’s rant. “I don’t know why he acts like that earlier but please be nice to him.”

Minho nods as respond.

“We have to go now,” she turns to Changmin. “This place is closing in ten minutes. Good luck, Minho.”

“Tabby is quite fragile looking boy. If what Jihye say is right, I’m sure he’ll be crawling back to you for comfort and security. It’s not easy to live alone in other country, you know. However, you have to go easy with him. No matter how much he loves you, he won’t just throw himself to your arms after what you did to him. You just need to show him that you deserve a second chance. Looking at how he’s willing to go this far for you, I’m sure he’s ready to give you second chance. But still, it depends on the effort you make. Trust me; I’m experienced in this kind of thing.” Changmin gives him a final wink before leaving with Jihye.

God, this is going to be real hard, Minho thinks.


updateeeeeeeee, yay!

thanks for your support. i never think after you will be receiving as many support as a season with you but i'm wrong. thanks for reading a season with you's sequel as well ^^

don't be disappointed with this chapter. 2min is waiting on the next chapter, hehe