Chapter 13

After You

Hello, minhosims' here :D

First, I'd like to apologise for the lack of updates on my 2min stories. I know I haven't updated them for too long but I'm not leaving them behind. I'm working on them but in a slower pace than I used to be. It started with me losing my interest on Taemin and then I graduated and started working, I have a very limited time to write. And most of time, I write Jongyu so you can see my Jongyu stories get frequent updates than 2min.

Second, yesterday on 16 April, it was my 4th anniversary on AFF! I want to thank you guys for taking care of me on this iste very well. Even though I don't update that much, I still get notification of new subbies which always makes my day :D Thank you for your support. Please wait patiently for new chapters :)

This new chapter is not much, a short and so so. Hopefully I can upload a new chapter next week along with Vision (I'm halfway writing the new chapter for this story)


Everything runs exactly like Jihye has predicted. Taemin politely asks for Minho to leave when it’s closing time. Minho exits the cafe and patiently waits for Taemin to finish his business. It’s about fifteen minutes long when Minho finally sees Taemin walking down the street. Taemin halts his step when his eyes meet Minho’s, keeping a good distance between them.

“Hey,” Minho starts.

“Taemin-ah,” he continues.

He makes his way towards Taemin and to his surprise; he is greeted with Taemin's fist on his cheek the moment he is close enough to the boy.

“Taemin-ah,” Minho gasps as he stumbles back, the impact of Taemin’s strong blow.

"That's for the lie you told me back then".

He looks up only to meet with Taemin’s infuriated look. Before he could say anything, the younger pulls him up only to throw another punch on his jaw.

"That's for leaving me hanging for over a year".

“Taemin, what the–“ he gets cut off once more when Taemin gives him the final blow on his stomach.

“And that’s for the hyungs!” Taemin shouts on his lungs as he lets out all of his frustration on Minho. He feels somewhat satisfied looking at Minho laying on the ground, helpless and in pain.

“Taemin-ah,” Minho is gasping for air as he is doing his best to hold the pain. He tells himself to stay down and not confront the younger back because he deserves it. He deserves all the beatings Taemin give him. So he stays there, quietly staring at Taemin, waiting for the next punch that never comes. The rage that he saw on the younger earlier gradually leaves his face as sadness starts to take over, very slowly but sure, leaving a teary eyed Taemin averting his gaze from him. Taemin looks up, blinking in attempt to put his tears away. Taemin wishes he could stand his ground tonight, in front of Minho, but he knows that he lose the moment big fat tears starts rolling down his cheeks. He takes one step back and another to the nearest wall and leans in. He hangs his head low and cries his heart out.

“Taemin,” Minho whispers more to himself when he sees broken Taemin shedding tears because of him. He stands up from the ground and hurries over the crying boy.

Just as Minho gets to him, a familiar ringtone chimes in. The hyungs, he says to himself.

He takes a deep breathe, trying to calm himself down before picking up the phone. “Hyung,” Taemin’s voice is barely audible.

Minho shifts closer to the younger so he can hear them better.

“Taeminnie,” Minho recognise it as Kibum's. And just from the way he call his name, Minho knows that he notices something is wrong with Taemin right now. “Is something bad happen to you dear?”.

“Hyung, I –“

“Taemin, what’s wrong?” It's Jinki's. They’re together, Minho concludes, the three of them.

“It’s hard, hyung.” Taemin says in between his sobs. “The homework is just too much." He lies. "Sorry hyung, I’m just getting emotional over small things right now.”

“Hey, it’s okay, Tae. Do you need any help? Take a shot of your work and send it to us. We’re going to do it for you.” Kibum comes up with a solution.

“No, I’ll do it on my own. Don’t worry hyung. I’m just being a baby right now.”

“Just sleep for now, Taemin-ah. Do it tomorrow. If you can’t, then to hell with homework, just let it be, you can catch up with your grade later.”

Taemin lets out a light chuckle on Jonghyun’s words. “Thank you, hyung.”

“We are not hanging up until you fall asleep, okay?”.

“Thanks, hyung. But you don't have to. I'm gonna hang up and go brush my teeth and sleep, okay?”

"Taemin, you're making us worried."

"Okay, let me hang up for awhile and you can call me again once I'm on bed, ready to sleep."

"Okay then," their reply is hesitant but Taemin is relieved that his hyungs don't push him. "Text us once you're done brushing your teeth."

"Sure." Taemin ends the call and turns to face Minho.

"Taemin, I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say to you but -"

"Can we not do this today?"

"Sure, sure, we can do this tomorrow." Minho says, not wanting to force Taemin further. "Let's get to my car. I'll drive you home, okay?"

"No. I want to be alone now."

"But it's late."

"Minho, please."

"Okay... I'll leave you be. Just give me your number so I can call you later to make sure you get home safe?" Minho shoves his hand to his pocket but Taemin shrugs.

"Just meet me after my shift tomorrow" Taemin says as he walks away.

As much as he wants to follow Taemin but he holds himself from doing so, wanting to respect Taemin's wish.

 

Taemin heaves a relieved sigh when he enters his apartment and learns that Dean is not back yet.

He makes his way to the bathroom to wash his face. He looks awful from the crying and his hand hurts from beating Minho. He has never been strong physically.

He changes into his pyjama and climbs to his bed. He texts his hyung and hugs his bear while waiting for them to call him.

“What's taking you so long?"

"Sorry hyung, I decided to take a bath first."

"Nevermind, Taemin-ah, listen, I just book a flight to Vancouver so I'm going to wherever you are. I'm going to send you my flight detail so meet me at the airport?”

That isn't what he expect to hear but somehow he feels extremely happy hearing that Jonghyun is coming to see him.

“Jonghyun hyung, are you serious?” he couldn't hide the excitement on his voice.

"Yes, Taemin-ah, hyung is coming for you."

"Hyung, this makes me feel bad for crying over the phone earlier. You don't have to come all the way here because of that but thank you, hyung."

"Don't feel bad. Other than seeing you, I’m also going to have to meet my friends there too.”

“Oh, okay then. Send me your flight detail and I'll see you at the airport?”

"Yeah, now just go get some sleep, okay"

Once they hang up, Jonghyun sends him a picture. He's gonna be here by tomorrow evening. His class ends in the afternoon so he's good to go to the airport but he has to think about his apartment and his part time job. His hyung can’t know that he lives in this unpleasant apartment and work a part time job at a café. If Jonghyun finds out and tells the other, he is sure that Jinki hyung might be booking the next flight and drag him home right away.

Taemin makes a mental note to call his manager first thing in the morning tomorrow, asking for a day off. His phone vibrates and it's a text from Jihye. he swears when he remember that he asked Minho to come after his shift tomorrow night but hell, he could sort it out tomorrow. It has been a tough day and he just wants to sleep. He reaches out for his sleeping pill and swallows one. He hugs his bear tighter as he waits for the drug to take effect.