Chapter 1

After You

Hello,

here is the first chapter of After You.

Based on the poll result, you guys want me to make a sequel so here it is.

The reason why there is no news about Minho in the last chapter of A Season With You is because it's told in this sequel.

Sorry if I don't give you a nice ending on A Season With You.

I hope you guys enjoy the sequel ^^

-Ai-


It’s been months since Minho leaves Seoul for Canada. Key has been staying with Taemin for the younger’s sake and Taemin has tried to be as nice as possible but still... living together for months doesn’t automatically make their relationship get better. It’s just their nature to easily get into petty fights and unnecessary arguments.

Instead of having the same argument over and over again, they are starting to accept each other, arguing and forgiving and forgetting almost very quickly and continue their lives. Key knows well he can’t leave Taemin because he will never let the younger suffer from his nightmares alone. Taemin knows very well that he has to bear living with his hyung because he won’t leave no matter what.

Time passes by so fast that they're already on Christmas and New Years and their annual break together once again. Taemin stays at his apartment for Christmas. Onew comes by at night to accompany him and the next day, they all go on a vacation. They head to Macau this time, after convincing Taemin that it is completely fine to spend their holiday overseas and it is not a waste of money.

Later they’re already facing their finals and are busy with college entrance.

But even after a long time, Minho has never ever made a contact with either Taemin or the other hyungs. There is no news about him at all until it becomes an unspoken agreement between the hyungs to never bring it up around Taemin.

***

“Taemin-ah, are you sure you don't want to come with us?” Key asks for the fourth times that evening. Taemin is laying on the bed, playing game on his iPad while Key is busy appreciating his look on the mirror in their bedroom. Key’s going to a party of one of his friends in thirty minutes.

“I’m not going. That’s final.” Taemin replies lazily from the bed. “There is no way I’ll come to his party, hyung. I don’t like him, you know that.” The party is held by one of the hyungs’ friend that Taemin knows, the one who kissed Taemin hand when they first met. Taemin is beyond annoyed with him to come to his party.

“We don’t know yet what time we’ll be home.”

“It’s okay. Take the spare keys.”

“It’s not the problem here! How if –“

“I am fine with myself, hyung. Stop worrying over me and just have fun at the party with the hyungs!” Taemin cuts him off. He already knows that Key doesn’t want to leave him alone because he doesn’t want Taemin to fall asleep alone. And Taemin hates it when they’re being overworried about him.

Key lets out an exaggerated sigh, waves his hand in the air, giving up on Taemin's persistance, and continues checking out his appearance.

“Onew hyung won’t like it if you wear that pants,” Taemin comments over Key’s super tight leather pants.

“But this will make him stick with me all the time.”

Taemin snorted at the reply “Just date him already!”

“No way. That won’t happen.”

“Why?”

“Our parents won’t approve it.”

Taemin stops playing his game for the first time since their talk and finally looks up at his hyung. It just never cross his mind before that the reason why his hyungs aren’t dating yet is because of their parents.

“Do they know about...”

“No. They don’t. If they do, I’m probably no longer living in South Korea. Even if I do, they’ll make me stop seeing all of you. They’re homophobe, I can tell. We have no plan for a relationship, afterall. I mean, dating and whatsoever. We’re happy with what we are now. We can meet anytime and anywhere we want. We’re fine like this, knowing that we love each other.”

“So touching,” says Taemin almost like a whisper.

“Oh, Onew hyung is down there.” Key hurriedly grabs his bag and says his long goodbye to Taemin, complete with his call-me-if-anything-happens note he never forget to say. Taemin nods and gives a brief smile to his hyung before he’s left alone.

Taemin’s mind wanders to what Key just said earlier, about not going further than friends because their parents won’t accept. So that kind of thing does happen in real life. He always thinks anyone in love will do anything to fight for their love, not just giving up like that. So it doesn’t work that way? he wonder. He shakes his head. It’s something new to him. He’s about to give a deep thought about it when he hear a knock from the main door.

“Key hyung must have forgotten something,” he mumbles and unwillingly gets out of the bed. On his way to get the door, he recalls that he has asked Key to bring the spare key so why he bother to knock? “Ah, he must forget the spare key,” Taemin turns his direction to the kitchen where he saves the spare keys before heads back to the front door.

But when he opens the door, he isn’t greeted by the sight of his hyung.

“Taemin-ah,” says a girl with a smile on her face.

“Eunsoo noona?” Taemin is completely in shock, seeing her standing by the door. “What- what are you doing here?”