Chapter 12

Carry On

Chapter 12

 

 

 

                Jonghyun walked through the streets freely. He was glad that he was finally out of jail. Pulling his phone out he dialed a number on the keypad.

                Kibum heard his phone ring but didn’t pick it up. He quickly scooped up the girl twins and ran them to their bedroom, putting them down for a nap. Running back to his phone he picked it up, almost causing it to fly out of his hands. “Hello?” He said out of breath.

                “Key!” Jonghyun said, smiling big. “Hey, thanks for bailing me out.”

                Kibum sat down in a chair and rubbed his face. “Jonghyun, you have to promise me you won’t bother Onew after this okay? It was hard enough to pay the fine for you.”

                Jonghyun nodded to himself while he waited at the bus stop. “Of course Key.” He lied.

                Key sighed to himself in relief. “Good…Because of you, now I can’t buy the girls their hair bows for the ballet concert.” He frowns to himself. “You know how I hate to ask for Taemin’s help.”

                “Kim Kibum,” Jonghyun smirked. “Taemin is your husband, don’t be so afraid to ask for money.”

                Kibum rolled his eyes. “Well I’m sorry that he’s the one that’s working when I’m stuck home with the girls.”

              Jonghyun laughed into the phone. “Anyway, I’m just grateful that you bailed me out. That’s all that I wanted to say.” He hear Kibum scoff on the other side of the phone before He could hang up. “Lee Jinki…” He said to himself, watching the bus pull up to the side of the street. “You are going to be mine.”

 

                                                                                                --------------

 

                Onew screamed in excitement, running away from Minho around the apartment. Minho had a big smile on his face while chasing Onew around the room. They were playing tag. Onew had never had fun like this before in his life. He felt so alive, he felt his heart racing, he felt Minho grab at his wrist.

                Minho chuckled and pulled Onew back into his arms. “I got you~.”

                Onew pouted to himself. “No fair.” He smiled big and pushed Minho down against the couch. “I wanted you to chase me.”

                “I’ve already chased you enough.” Minho said, smiling with a small giggle. “And it’s your turn to chase me!” He got up off the couch and ran around the living room avoiding Onew. He heard Onew laugh big before he heard footsteps following him.

                There was a big knock at the door before they could both stop running. Onew heaved his chest up and down before regaining his breath. “Want me to see who it is?” He said while looking at Minho.

                Minho looked back at Onew and shrugged. “Sure. Maybe it’s the neighbors complaining about how loud we are.” He smiled big while watching Onew walk to the door.

                Onew reached out and touched the doorknob. “Who is it?” He asked loud, hoping the person could hear them. There was no answer. Being confused Onew turned the door handle to open the door.

                He opened the door and looked at the person who was standing in front of him. All the color drained from his face. To be honest, his entire body probably turned pale.

                Minho looked over the couch and saw how pale Onew was. “Onew?” Minho quickly walked up to him, not looking out the doorway. “Onew what’s wrong.”

                Onew couldn’t speak. All he did was hold out his hand, pointing a weak finger at something on the wall. Minho glanced up and got stiff. There was a note, taped to the wall with Jonghyun’s name written on the front.

                Minho walked out into the hallway and peeled the note off the wall. “Do you want me to open it?” He looked up at Onew with a scared look. Onew nodded slowly. Unfolding the note with care, Minho read the note carefully. “Jinki, guess what. I’ve been bailed out. Kibum paid the fine to release me. If he didn’t pay the fine I probably would’ve killed his daughters. But that doesn’t matter now. I want you to come back home. Come home at 6:00 or the last time you see Minho he will be in a coffin dead.” Before Minho could say anything to Onew, He already was grabbing a jacket off the wall and putting his watch on. “Onew no!” Minho shouted. “You can’t go to him! He’ll lock you up and never let you go.”

                “I’m tired of his Minho!” Onew looked back at Minho with tears forming in his eyes. “He needs to learn that I’m not his!”

                Minho shook his head ‘no’. “No. No no no Onew you’re not going to his home. What if you don’t come back.”

                Onew narrowed his eyes at Minho through pain. “You can’t stop me. And I’ll come back, trust me.” He quickly pushed Minho out of the doorway and ran out of the apartment.

 

                                                                                ______________

 

               Onew stepped up to the old-style house, taking in a deep breath. “I’m going in there…I’ll tell him no, knock him out, then run away. It’s that simple.” Onew shivered out of fear and stepped up to the door. He held his hand up to the door and knocked 3 times with his shaky hand.

                The door opened to show Jonghyun. He smirked and stepped aside to let Onew in. “Hello.” He said with a sarcastic voice.
                “Jonghyun,” Onew said while stepping inside the home. “We need to talk.” Before Onew said anything else, Jonghyun stood in front of Onew and placed a small kiss on his lips.

                “I don’t want to talk right now.” Jonghyun said with the same tone of voice. He looked at Onew and before Onew could react he grabbed the other by the throat, slamming him against the wall. “I just want to hear you beg for mercy.”

                Onew gasped for air and looked at Jonghyun with terrified eyes. “L-Let me go Jonghyun! This isn’t funny!”

                Jonghyun only laughed at his comment. “Oh, but it was funny when you ran away from me.” He dragged Onew through the house by his hair. He pulled him into the same room where he almost broke Onew’s back. “Stay, .” He slammed the door on Onew and locked it from the outside.

                Onew banged his hands hard against the door. “Jonghyun!! Jonghyun stop it!!” He looked around the room for something to hit against the door, but found nothing. He sat down in defeat and curled up into a ball. “…Phone.” He quickly pulled out his phone and started to call Minho’s number. He waited anxiously and almost screamed when Minho picked up the phone. “Minho!”
                Minho jumped up from the couch. “Onew? Where are you. I’m coming to get you.” He started to grab his jacket but hear Onew whisper ‘no’.

                “Minho, don’t come to get me. Call the police I’m stuck at Jonghyun’s house. Please ca-“ The line was cut off.

                “Onew!?” Minho screamed into the phone. He cursed under his breath and ran out the door and to the parking lot. He jumped into his car and sped off towards Jonghyun’s place. Looking ahead he saw there was a traffic jam blocking off all exists to Jonghyun’s house. “DAMMIT!!” Minho screamed. He quickly got out of the car, leaving it on the street, and dashed down the sidewalk. Jonghyun can’t take Onew away from him. Not when he just got Onew back. He’d rather be seen in a coffin than Onew tortured his whole life. He’s not letting a single bad thing happen to Onew.