Chapter 10

Carry On

Chapter 10

                                                                                                                  

 

                It wasn’t long for Minho to be off the bed heading for the door. He reached out for the door handle but felt Onew’s hand pull him back. Looking back at Onew he didn’t realize he stared Onew down with rage.

                Onew quickly looked down at his feet to avoid Minho’s eyes. “Don’t go out looking for him…I don’t want him to hurt you as well.”

                “Onew he hurt you. He left that giant bruise on your back and he’s going to pay for it.” Minho slowly calmed down while Onew kept holding his hand. He sighed and walked back into the living room, sitting down on the couch. “Why did he do that. I highly doubt that it was an accident Onew.”

                Onew shook his head slowly. “No…it wasn’t an accident…but it was my fault he hit me.”

                “That’s not true.” Minho snapped. He took Onew’s face into his hands, making Onew look at him. “That’s not true and you know it. He hurt you because he’s an .” Minho stood back up and headed for the door. “I’m going to find him. You can’t stop me.”

                Onew shot up off the couch and tried to pull Minho back. “Minho stop it! Just leave it be. I don’t want him to hurt you.” He stared Minho down when they made eye contact. “I don’t want you having to deal with my problems.”

                “Can you at least tell me how it happened?” Minho asked as gently as possible.
                Onew looked back down at his feet, gripping Minho’s wrist tight. “I’ll tell you what happened.”

 

 

                                                                                                -----------

 

                The room was pitch dark. Onew couldn’t see a thing. All he had were his ears. He heard a door open and saw just a crack of light from the doorway. “…J-Jonghyun?” he said weakly. It’s been a day since Onew’s had anything to drink or eat. He was almost starving.

 

A man slowly walked into the room and bent down in front of Onew. Onew prayed that he had food, but all Onew got was a hard slap across the face, causing Onew’s lip to burst open. “Onew, why would you run like that? Why would you run away?” The hard hand struck Onew’s cheek for the second time. Onew never answered his questions. Getting impatient the hand struck Onew’s face again but harder. “Answer me you ! Why did you leave!?” Onew’s face went numb. He didn’t answer again. “Is it a game to you? Running away like that?” Another hand appeared and grabbed Onew by the shirt collar, pulling him up roughly to meet face to face with the person who owned the hands.   

                “It is a game, Jonghyun.” Onew answered hoarsely. He stared back at Jonghyun hard, hoping Jonghyun would let him go.

                Jonghyun threw him back hard against the ground, hearing a yelp escape from Onew’s mouth. Jonghyun smirked and pulled Onew’s face up by his hair. “Since you tried to run away, I’ll just teach you on what you’re missing out when you run.”

                Onew’s face met the ground in one swift movement. He could feel the blood rushing out of his mouth fast. He leaned up quickly and coughed hard, seeing the blood spilling out onto the ground.

                Jonghyun bent down to be face to face with Onew. “Do you want me to show you? Or will you promise to never run away.”

                With all of his strength, Onew pushed Jonghyun back hard with his feet, making Jonghyun stumble backwards. “I’ll never be yours Jonghyun! Why can’t you understand that!?” He felt more blood seeping out in between his lips.

Jonghyun quickly stomped back to Onew and pushed him down roughly, causing Onew to get whiplash. “Key left me, and I’ll be the one to leave you. You will NEVER leave me.” He reached down and grabbed Onew’s legs, bending them in a way no legs should bend. Jonghyun broke his leg. He heard Onew scream like mad, but all Jonghyun did was reach over and break Onew’s other leg hard. “You’ll never leave me!!”

                Onew did a backwards army crawl into the wall, looking up at Jonghyun with fear. “What the is wrong with you!? Why are you like this! You were never like this in high school!”

Jonghyun never answered the question. He quickly pulled Onew back by his ankle and flipped Onew onto his back. Reaching to the side he grabbed something hard. Reaching up with the object in his hand, he threw it down against Onew’s back, making Onew scream and sob in pain. “Yes! Feel the pain!! Feel all the pain that I felt when you ran away!!! “ He kept pounding the object against Onew’s back, hearing Onew scream.

“Stop!! Please!” Onew screamed for help, but he knew himself that no one would come and save him. He slowly stopped screaming and just let out small yelps when Jonghyun would strike at him.

Jonghyun’s arm got tired so he stopped hitting Onew. Standing back up he panted and dropped the object onto Onew’s back. He heard Onew yelp and whimper, causing a smile to form on his face. “If you try to run away again, I won’t hesitate to kill you.”

 

 

                                                                ----------------------

 

“That’s all that happened. Of course my legs are fine but I’m having to go to the chiropractor once every two weeks. Jonghyun was arrested for kidnapping and ual assault.” Onew looked up at Minho sadly. “Don’t go to where Jonghyun is just to talk to him. He’s somewhere where he knows that he did something wrong.”

“Onew he almost killed you.” Minho’s voice was shaking bad. Reaching up with his trembling hands he embraced Onew in a gentle hug. He heard Onew wince slightly when he put his arms around. “Onew, I will never hurt you. I will never do anything like that to you. Even if it was a life and death situation I would rather die than ever hurt you.”

Onew let his tears drop down onto Minho’s shoulder. His back hurt so bad but he didn’t care. As long as he was in Minho’s warm arms he knew he was safe. He knew nothing bad would ever happen. “Minho?”

Minho looked up at Onew and gently brushed Onew’s tears away with his thumb. “Yes sweetheart?”

 

“I love you.”