✰ Your Husband is a... NERD!?

✰ ~ E X O t a s t i c ~ ✰ Advertisement and Review Shop! ~ Not accepting review requests at the moment ~

Story Title : Your Huband is a... NERD!? 

Author : aisyahkpop

Genre : Romantic Comedy

On-going, 28 chapters 

 

 

~ REVIEW ~ 

 

 

1. Title :     4/5 points 

 

Your title, though extremely cliched, also provides some idea of what the story will be about. I haven't read the story yet, but from looking at the title alone, I feel that the story will be centered around high school or college life. (Most likely high school, though.) The two main characters will be married... and the male lead will be kind of nerdy/geeky. Pretty self explanatory, your title. It definitely gives off a RomCom fluffy feel, which is good. I docked off a point though, because it's not original. But that's not a bad thing; my story title (Stop Messing With My Head!) isn't very original either!

Personally, I like RomComs, and your title definitely sparks my interest ^^

 

 

2. Foreword and Description:     4/5 points

 

Wow, you have a lot of posters... I think there are way too many there O_O But I won't judge. 

The foreword is cute! It brings a bit of depth into the main characters, while introducing the fact that Kris, who will be getting married to Kim Seuk Hye, is a nerd. There are some grammatical errors in your foreword, though.

 

 

3. Poster/Background/Trailer/Graphics :     4/5 points

I really like your poster! It's very unique and RomCom-y. I like how there are pictures and posters strewn throughout the story, but it gets a bit annoying after a while ( in my opinion) especially since all the pictures are of different people, and not the actual OC. 

 

 

4. Plot :    12/20 points

 

There isn't much exposition or rising action. Instead, we are thrown instantly into the plot, and quite roughly, too. I had some difficulty keeping up with the pace; it was way too fast for my taste. That's just me though. A lot of people would really like your style. The plot is very simple, yet cute. Seuk Hye is a , and Kris is a nerd, and the two must learn to tolerate each other and get married. 

As I continued reading the story, I started to feel like the plot was really going nowhere. 

 

 

5. Grammar, Spelling, and Vocabulary :    10/15 points

 

You have some grammar issues, but I don't think I picked up any spelling problems. Your vocab level isn't very high either, but I don't think that's a problem. After all, typically RomCom stories are targeted at a younger group, while darker romances are for older people. Personally, I think that the darker stories require more vocabulary than RomComs. 

 

 

6. Originality :    4/15 points

 

When I think about your story, many different Korean dramas and fanfics come to mind. I suppose this is because your story is unoriginal. Typically, in a romantic comedy, the two main characters hate each other, but eventually fall in love. In addition, these two just happen to be tied together by an unrealistic twist of fate, and have to get married to each other. It's an enjoyable storyline, but not original. 

 

 

7. Characterization:   5/10 points

 

Your characterization is weak. When I read your story, the characters don't come to life. Sometimes, Seuk Hye is a raging , who slaps random strangers that insult her (her first [?] meeting with Kris), and other times she is a blushing, insecure mess. Either she's really bipolar, or you need to work on giving her a better personality. 

Also, Seuk Hye's emotions are already beginning to waver at chapter 10. She just recently met Kris, and she supposedly HATES  nerds. Where did all that disbelief and hatred go? The same applies for Kris. He really hates es, and yet he's beginning to feel 'strange' around her. True, she may just be beautiful, and that makes him feel uncertain, but that is not love; it's lust. 

 

 

8. Flow :   3/10 points

 

The story is very choppy, as the P.O.Vs constantly switch, and the chapters are short. The flow is also irregular. Sometimes, the story drags on and on, and other times a scene has flown by in a matter of seconds. 

 

 

9. Overall Enjoyment :   5/15 points

 

This is just my own personal opinion, but I didn't enjoy your story that much. Many times I had the urge to just click the "close tab" button at the top of the page, and other times I had to stand up a few times and walk around before sititng back down and reading on. I guess the story is just too fast and too choppy for my taste. I also found myself hating Seuk Hye's character. 

 

 

 

 

Total : 51/100 points

 

 

I know this probably wasn't what you expected to hear, and I apologize if I have offended you in any way.

If you want, you could resubmit another review application after making some mild changes throughout the story. In my opinion, I feel that you need to work on Characterization and Flow the most.